Fross Zelnick Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
BendAndSnap

New

Fross Zelnick

Post by BendAndSnap » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:04 am

Does anyone know anything about hiring at Fross Zelnick (elite soft IP firm)? Do they homegrow ANY associates or all they all laterals? From their website, they only have 11 associates, 5 of whom definitely lateraled. The website also doesn't have a "Careers" section. Just curious if anyone knows anything - since they are so small, there's no info on them at NALP or AmLaw's 200. Thanks!

And please dont just say that I should email or call them. I might and I might not

War Cardinal

New

Re: Fross Zelnick

Post by War Cardinal » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:35 am

I have never heard of this firm.

BendAndSnap

New

Post by BendAndSnap » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:19 am

Intellectual Property: Trade Mark & Copyright: New York

* Band 1
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
Fross Zelnick Lehrman & Zissu PC

* Band 2
Cowan, Liebowitz & Latman
Kirkland & Ellis LLP
Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:11 pm

I worked there so this is actually reliable information. They DO NOT hire out of law school. It is a small firm and they do not have the resources to train new associates. 100% of their associates worked elsewhere before coming to Fross. They also like hiring from top law schools, though you can always distinguish yourself from where you worked before. The bulk of their work is trademark prosecution - international and domestic, though they do have some design patent work and a small litigation department. I enjoyed my time there, but won't bother applying for any paid positions anytime soon.

BendAndSnap

New

Post by BendAndSnap » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:31 pm

Thank you dear. Much appreciated :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”