Call backs on time at DPW and STB? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Call backs on time at DPW and STB?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:58 pm

I have two call backs next week on the same day at DPW and STB in New York. I have a really tight schedule and am hoping they stay on time. Does anybody have any experience doing a call back here?

Anonymous User

Re: Call backs on time at DPW and STB?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:59 pm

did CB at both. DPW makes you wait a bit longer but if you let recruiting know they'll shuffle you in and keep you on track at both. They are literally one block from each other so you shouldn't have trouble in terms of getting from one place to another.

Just have a quick lunch if anything.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:did CB at both. DPW makes you wait a bit longer but if you let recruiting know they'll shuffle you in and keep you on track at both. They are literally one block from each other so you shouldn't have trouble in terms of getting from one place to another.

Just have a quick lunch if anything.
DPW is across Lexington Ave from STB. No prob getting there on time. My DPW interview ended at 2:00pm.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:50 pm

I would definitely let them know about your time constraints. They have a tendency to run over otherwise -- they're pretty personable, so its easy to go beyond the 30 minute mark. I think they'll keep you on track if they ask.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:42 pm

How long did your DPW interviews run? I have a 3:15 PM interview, if that helps.

Gold

Post by 270910 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:08 pm

As others have said, firms will keep trains running on time IF they know they need to. Otherwise it's usually pretty fast and loose. Just make sure you don't assume somebody knows or remembers your constraints if things start running long, like if you have a morning lunch or something.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”