proskauer newark Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

proskauer newark

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:13 pm

any heard of offers from proskauer newark?

Anonymous User

Re: proskauer newark

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:any heard of offers from proskauer newark?
bump, i'd also be interested to hear if anybody has heard anything yet from proskauer newark.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:45 am

Bump. Any word?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:28 pm

Have heard of several rejections but no offers. Has anybody actually received an offer yet?

Timothy Wreck

New

Post by Timothy Wreck » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:01 am

Does anyone know how many summers they plan to hire and how many people they called back?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:28 pm

I think they'd said 4 or so.

I know they said they interviewed something like 28 on one Saturday, 6 the day before, and several the next week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:27 pm

i was told that they usually hire 3, but would only hire 2 this year.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:i was told that they usually hire 3, but would only hire 2 this year.
The partner I interviewed with at OCI said the same thing. I also know 4 people at my school who got callbacks. So there's definitely a lot of competition for just a few spots.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:40 pm

I haven't heard back from them since my CB. Has anyone heard of offers going out yet?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

CGI Fridays

Silver

Post by CGI Fridays » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:44 pm

3L friend at Cornell who spent last summer with them was recently offered a starting position but didn't take it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:51 am

That's not very many summers. Sucks to be me that it's my best shot at a job.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:53 pm

My phone rings Friday afternoon & I recognize the # as Proskauer's Newark office. Thrilled, thinking that the long awaited offer is about the materialize, I answer my phone.

An offer?

Nope.

They want a writing sample.

Talk about a buzzkill. On the bright side, however, it appears I'm still in contention. When I pressed them about where they're holding in the process, they replied: "Soon, soon." I'm not sure what that translates into.

Did anything like this happen to anyone else? Did everyone else submit a writing sample earlier on?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:My phone rings Friday afternoon & I recognize the # as Proskauer's Newark office. Thrilled, thinking that the long awaited offer is about the materialize, I answer my phone.

An offer?

Nope.

Talk about a buzzkill. On the bright side, however, it appears I'm still in contention. When I pressed them about where they're holding in the process, they replied: "Soon, soon." I'm not sure what that translates into.

Did anything like this happen to anyone else? Did everyone else submit a writing sample earlier on?

That's a huge buzz killer but at least you're still in the game. I gave in writing samples on all of my screening interviews (though I'm sure they were trashed right away.) Is Proskauer Newark your first choice???

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:My phone rings Friday afternoon & I recognize the # as Proskauer's Newark office. Thrilled, thinking that the long awaited offer is about the materialize, I answer my phone.

An offer?

Nope.

That's a huge buzz killer but at least you're still in the game. I gave in writing samples on all of my screening interviews (though I'm sure they were trashed right away.) Is Proskauer Newark your first choice???

I liked them a lot, I must admit, and I'm very interested in receiving an offer. But as for "first" choice, we'll fall off that bridge when (if?) we get to it. Any choices are extremely hard to come by these days ...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

An offer?

Nope.

I liked them a lot, I must admit, and I'm very interested in receiving an offer. But as for "first" choice, we'll fall off that bridge when (if?) we get to it. Any choices are extremely hard to come by these days ...
I'm waiting a big(ger) NYC firm and also on a biglaw firm in Chicago, but don't have such high hopes. Scared as hell since I've got kids to support and loans up the ass.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:55 am

Bump - any new updates?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:59 am

Got a message on Friday to call back on Monday and it was an ...

OFFER!!!

Sure feels good to be employed. This whole process has been pretty darn unpleasant (a slight understatement?) and I can't say I'm disappointed it's over.

hmlee

Bronze

Post by hmlee » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:38 pm

I definitely read this topic as "network" and thought it was some sort of law firm version of Tron. I really need some coffee I guess...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”