Best Firms for Hosting in NYC Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Best Firms for Hosting in NYC

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:46 am

Does anybody know off hand which firms are particularly good host firms in NYC for callback interviews? I'm told some firms have really nice hotels while others aren't as nice.

Anonymous User

Re: Best Firms for Hosting in NYC

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:Does anybody know off hand which firms are particularly good host firms in NYC for callback interviews? I'm told some firms have really nice hotels while others aren't as nice.
Cadwalader put me up in a nice modern hotel. Davis Polk put me up in a cheapie hotel, but I actually appreciated it more because it was right next to their office.

That being said, I think Atlanta is the best market for callbacks. A&B and K&S will put you up at the Four Seasons across the street from their offices, and take you to dinner the night before in addition to lunch.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:54 am

Quinn uses The Carleton.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:54 am

V&E = Ritz

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:13 pm

...just thought it would be some neat info when next year's batch of rising 2Ls search TLS for information and get excited (or at least try to, in the interest of allaying stress) for their interviewing season. :roll:
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NYAssociate

Silver

Post by NYAssociate » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:14 pm

Last edited by NYAssociate on Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:00 pm

I'd actually recommend against Cadwalader. They put me in the worst hotel I've stayed in during callback season, and their travel department was the biggest pain ever. They called me at least 4 separate times changing my travel plans.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:20 pm

Any other advice?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:49 pm

Where does Wachtell put people up?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Unemployed

Silver

Post by Unemployed » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:52 pm

This is one of the more disgusting threads I've come across on TLS.

Also, I'm somewhat envious.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:54 pm

Apparently Wachtell was bad last year (like the Marriott). In the past it was the W I think.

chup

Diamond

Post by chup » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:56 pm

Really, guys?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'd actually recommend against Cadwalader. They put me in the worst hotel I've stayed in during callback season, and their travel department was the biggest pain ever. They called me at least 4 separate times changing my travel plans.
Crazy. They put people in the Ritz last year. I don't have my Cadwalader CB until later in the month.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:57 pm

Cadwalader is a fail of a firm. What did you expect?

I'd take midlaw paying $100k with some stability over Cadwalayoff.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:58 pm

aschup wrote:Really, guys?
Credited. However, when I am deciding b/w multiple offers b/w very similar firms, this will be a factor.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'd actually recommend against Cadwalader. They put me in the worst hotel I've stayed in during callback season, and their travel department was the biggest pain ever. They called me at least 4 separate times changing my travel plans.
Crazy. They put people in the Ritz last year. I don't have my Cadwalader CB until later in the month.
When I was scheduling my trip they told me I could do the Marriott or the Ritz. Then when I told them the Ritz would be perfect they told me I really should stay at the Marriott and save money. Not that the Marriott was terrible, far from it, but other firms have all put me up in nicer places.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
When I was scheduling my trip they told me I could do the Marriott or the Ritz. Then when I told them the Ritz would be perfect they told me I really should stay at the Marriott and save money. Not that the Marriott was terrible, far from it, but other firms have all put me up in nicer places.
This was a test. You failed.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
This was a test. You failed.
Egghhh I don't know about that I don't think the person in their separate travel services department has been assigned the task of trapping interview candidates into picking the wrong hotel.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:26 am

Anyone know where Cravath or Simpson put people up?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:37 am

Cadwalader put me up in the Tribeca Grand, one of the nicest hotels I've ever seen

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:40 am

Anonymous User wrote:Apparently Wachtell was bad last year (like the Marriott). In the past it was the W I think.
I love Marriotts!

Honestly, I'd rather have a nice Marriott near the firm's office than a fancy hotel further away. When visiting 4 firms in a week it's nice to be somewhere familiar.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:41 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Apparently Wachtell was bad last year (like the Marriott). In the past it was the W I think.
I love Marriotts!

Honestly, I'd rather have a nice Marriott near the firm's office than a fancy hotel further away. When visiting 4 firms in a week it's nice to be somewhere familiar.
Marriott = nicest beds

chup

Diamond

Post by chup » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:17 am

aschup wrote:Really, guys?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:57 pm

Do firms normally put you up near the firm? I've got an interview at Cravath but most of my other firms are closer to Grand Central. I'm assuming it makes more sense to go through one of the later.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:51 pm

Got put up in Gild Hall down in Wall Street for Cahill. Was a very sexy, 3 room suite. Much better than I could ever afford lol.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”