STB callback process (UVA) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

STB callback process (UVA)

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:43 am

Have any UVA people gone on callbacks to STB (NY) yet?

They came to OGI on August 12th, I received my callback on August 13th, and when I called to schedule the callback (on the 16th or 17th I think) they said they weren't scheduling anyone until the week of September 13th. Yet I see on the CLS EIP offer thread that they've already called back CLS people and given offers.

What's the deal?

Anonymous User

Re: STB callback process (UVA)

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:Have any UVA people gone on callbacks to STB (NY) yet?

They came to OGI on August 12th, I received my callback on August 13th, and when I called to schedule the callback (on the 16th or 17th I think) they said they weren't scheduling anyone until the week of September 13th. Yet I see on the CLS EIP offer thread that they've already called back CLS people and given offers.

What's the deal?
A lot of firms blocked off certain times for certain schools. Everyone I know with STB callbacks encountered the same phenomenon. The deal is that UVA students won't begin doing callbacks at STB until the week of September 13th, and will as a consequence not receive any offers until after their callbacks the week of September 13th?

It's not that strange, really. A bit different from other firms which were happy to get everyone in ASAP, but STB is hardly the only firm that did something like this.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”