Any Boston offers? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Any Boston offers?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Foley Hoag sent me an email the end of last week with the heading "Summer Program 2011" that extolled the virtues of their firm.....buuuuuuuuut I haven't got an offer yet.

Heard from people that they sent out similar emails last year to people basically on their waitlist while they wait to see who accepts offers. Really got my hopes up; the email was so vague as to what was going on - did i have an offer? were they saying they'd be in touch soon? It's a shitty economy, they could do me the courtesy of being explicit.

Getting sick of being jerked around by firms. Interviewed at firm, that subsequently made offers to other people, where the hiring partner emailed me after the interview to say I'd be a "perfect fit" at the firm...a month later haven't heard crap, and like I said I know they made other offers.
Wow. Talk about a frustrating email. Any word from people who got it last year regarding success in eventually landing an offer? I never got that email, but I know people dinged far earlier that interviewed around the same time as me. Sounds like I interviewed a little after you, I gotta think/hope I'm in a similar limbo situation.

Hang in there -- you're not alone.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Foley Hoag sent me an email the end of last week with the heading "Summer Program 2011" that extolled the virtues of their firm.....buuuuuuuuut I haven't got an offer yet.

Heard from people that they sent out similar emails last year to people basically on their waitlist while they wait to see who accepts offers. Really got my hopes up; the email was so vague as to what was going on - did i have an offer? were they saying they'd be in touch soon? It's a shitty economy, they could do me the courtesy of being explicit.

Getting sick of being jerked around by firms. Interviewed at firm, that subsequently made offers to other people, where the hiring partner emailed me after the interview to say I'd be a "perfect fit" at the firm...a month later haven't heard crap, and like I said I know they made other offers.
Wow. Talk about a frustrating email. Any word from people who got it last year regarding success in eventually landing an offer? I never got that email, but I know people dinged far earlier that interviewed around the same time as me. Sounds like I interviewed a little after you, I gotta think/hope I'm in a similar limbo situation.

Hang in there -- you're not alone.
Yea a friend of mine got multiple emails from foley hoag last October before an ultimate rejection in November. She heard through the grapevine she was near the top of a waitlist, but with SA classes being so small they never really needed to go to it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:54 pm

Any news?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:11 pm

hopefully mintz will be in touch soon, or so I thought from when I talked to the recruiter...really no one has heard of offers from these guys?

Anymore EAPD news?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:33 pm

Mintz is done with offers in Boston, or so I was told after my offer. I made it off the waitlist.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:50 pm

When did you hear from them?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:When did you hear from them?
bump

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Mintz is done with offers in Boston, or so I was told after my offer. I made it off the waitlist.
I'd like to know when they called as well.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Mintz is done with offers in Boston, or so I was told after my offer. I made it off the waitlist.
I don't think that's true. I talked to them a few days ago and it didn't seem to me that hiring was over.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:59 pm

This is interesting, because I was under the impression (based on OCS info and my own communications with the recruiter) that they hadn't made any/all offers as of late last week, not that they were working their way down a waitlist.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
This is interesting, because I was under the impression (based on OCS info and my own communications with the recruiter) that they hadn't made any/all offers as of late last week, not that they were working their way down a waitlist.
I was told they have made a "few offers."

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Do you mind saying when you were told? My small bit of hope from my communication with them last week is slowly dwindling.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Do you mind saying when you were told? My small bit of hope from my communication with them last week is slowly dwindling.
Around this time last week.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Ropes ding by snail mail. :(

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:45 pm

sorry about the ropes ding. guess we're all still treading water?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:sorry about the ropes ding. guess we're all still treading water?

I can't tell if I'm still treading water or if I've already drowned. About a month ago I heard I was still in the mix, but its been dead silence then.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”