Extern for District Court Judge vs. CoA Judge Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
wordtoyourmother12

New

Extern for District Court Judge vs. CoA Judge

Post by wordtoyourmother12 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:50 pm

Hi friends,

I'm pretty set on doing a part-time externship with a Federal Judge next Spring. I'm lucky enough that a District Judge has already expressed interest in taking me on. But, there is a pretty good chance I might have the chance to extern with a 9th Circuit Judge.

Im more inclined to extern for the District Judge because I know him to be a really great, personable guy. I mention this because he may serve as a better connection. Also, it would save me a horrible commute to the 9th Circuit Judge.

That brings me to my question. Is it far more prestigious to extern for the 9th Circuit Judge and thus worth the commute, less familiarity? Or are the two more or less interchangeable and I should go with the District Court Judge.

If it's relevant, I am very interested in clerking down the road.

Thanks!

Gold

Re: Extern for District Court Judge vs. CoA Judge

Post by 270910 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:52 pm

wordtoyourmother12 wrote: Is it far more prestigious to extern for the 9th Circuit Judge
Not even a little bit.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”