SLS - callbacks Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: SLS - callbacks

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:55 pm

aschup wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'm guessing OCS takes the log back into their office instead of leaving it around over the weekend for people to fool around with
I know people are excited about callbacks and all, but this seems a little extreme.
all it takes is one evil 2L who isn't doing OCI or a 1L/3L who thinks it is funny, to ruin the book. I think OCS would rather keep the book away than have to deal with that possibility.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
aschup wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'm guessing OCS takes the log back into their office instead of leaving it around over the weekend for people to fool around with
I know people are excited about callbacks and all, but this seems a little extreme.
all it takes is one evil 2L who isn't doing OCI or a 1L/3L who thinks it is funny, to ruin the book. I think OCS would rather keep the book away than have to deal with that possibility.
I think you missed the joke.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
aschup wrote:
I think you missed the joke.
:oops: ... :? ...:lol: ... :shock:

I see what you did there.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Cravath callback on a Sunday...weird cause it's almost 10pm in NY.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:44 pm

What Paul Hastings office?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

chup

Diamond

Post by chup » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:05 pm

Either there are a lot of Stanford people lurking this thread, or there is one caffeine-addled stressball pressing F5 at an alarming rate.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:28 pm

Ding from Keker & Van Nest via mail. Bummer... that firm looked/is awesome.

Congrats to the (few) classmates who landed a cb, though -- that is a big win!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:48 pm

ding from Cleary via e-mail. Anyone with no callbacks yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:ding from Cleary via e-mail. Anyone with no callbacks yet?
sorry to hear that. What firms are you targeting? Did you limit yourself to only a few firms or only firms that were very selective?

I say this because most people that I talk to have at least a couple of callbacks.

Good luck and keep plugging. There are still lots of interviews this week and next.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:24 pm

Kirkland (SV and SF) are calling.

Perkins Coie is calling

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
sorry to hear that. What firms are you targeting? Did you limit yourself to only a few firms or only firms that were very selective?

I say this because most people that I talk to have at least a couple of callbacks.

Good luck and keep plugging. There are still lots of interviews this week and next.
I've had at least 40 interviews (I've lost track of the exact number because I've added quite a few), and I haven't had a callback yet. I've also been rejected from almost all of the firms I interviewed with in the first week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I've had at least 40 interviews (I've lost track of the exact number because I've added quite a few), and I haven't had a callback yet. I've also been rejected from almost all of the firms I interviewed with in the first week.
Holy crap, 40? That would burn me out. How are you grade-wise? WE? Interview skillz?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I've had at least 40 interviews (I've lost track of the exact number because I've added quite a few), and I haven't had a callback yet. I've also been rejected from almost all of the firms I interviewed with in the first week.

Don't give up hopes. I had zero callback from OCI as of yesterday. But I got three callbacks today. I also got rejected by three firms I interviewed during the first week. But I have not heard a word from any other firms. Should I e-mail them and ask?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:09 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I've had at least 40 interviews (I've lost track of the exact number because I've added quite a few), and I haven't had a callback yet. I've also been rejected from almost all of the firms I interviewed with in the first week.
Holy crap, 40? That would burn me out. How are you grade-wise? WE? Interview skillz?

Did you go and talk to OCS? They are very helpful and might give you some help moving forward. What do you think the problem is? A quick read of Walton's Guerrilla Tactics might be some help.

With 40 interviews I can't imagine you would strike out unless you are making a boo boo in the interview. SLS is too good of a school not to get your foot in the door in a couple of places.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:51 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Did you go and talk to OCS? They are very helpful and might give you some help moving forward. What do you think the problem is? A quick read of Walton's Guerrilla Tactics might be some help.

With 40 interviews I can't imagine you would strike out unless you are making a boo boo in the interview. SLS is too good of a school not to get your foot in the door in a couple of places.
Maybe a resume typo?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:21 pm

I'm not on campus today and can't check the callbacks list. Any word from Hogan or K&E DC?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:36 pm

I've talked about my interview strategies with OCS, and they told me it seems like I'm doing everything okay, and that I'm not the only one...Really they didn't have any advice other than to add as many interviews as possible and start looking outside of OCI.

FWIW I'm a transfer...I have good grades and 2 years paralegal experiences, but I have other issues that may be putting firms off, so I think it's that rather than resume issues or interview problems. Even so, I definitely didn't expect this to happen...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I've talked about my interview strategies with OCS, and they told me it seems like I'm doing everything okay, and that I'm not the only one...Really they didn't have any advice other than to add as many interviews as possible and start looking outside of OCI.

FWIW I'm a transfer...I have good grades and 2 years paralegal experiences, but I have other issues that may be putting firms off, so I think it's that rather than resume issues or interview problems. Even so, I definitely didn't expect this to happen...

slsocihelper@hotmail.com

hit me up with your email and i will get in touch with you on campus

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:slsocihelper@hotmail.com

LOLWUT

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:slsocihelper@hotmail.com

LOLWUT
funny email address. Just so I can get in touch with the guy. Clearly I am not going to include my real email

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:00 pm

dings so far:

Ropes & Gray
Kramer Levin
Orrick
MoFo
Cleary

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:19 pm

Hogan is calling.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hogan is calling.

Which office please?

Anonymous User