T-14 Transfer Students Please Post OCI Results Here Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: T-14 Transfer Students Please Post OCI Results Here

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:43 pm

T20 Transferred from low T2. 18 Interviews; 2 Callbacks V50, 1 V100; 0 Dings.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:At last count, there are roughly 80 transfers at NYU too.
source?

When I talked to the Office of Admissions a couple weeks ago, they were expecting 40-50

ZXCVBNM

Bronze

Post by ZXCVBNM » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:20 pm

i heard 50 ish as well

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Transfer low T14 from school 80-100 on the rankings. Top 10% at old school and have 17 interviews. Have had 7 so far but they started 3 days ago. Will update with callbacks, dings, etc.

concurrent fork

Silver

Post by concurrent fork » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:35 pm

Holy crap. 80 NYU xfers? I would guess CLS was much lower due to over-enrollment and the student petition this year.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:42 pm

concurrent fork wrote:
Holy crap. 80 NYU xfers? I would guess CLS was much lower due to over-enrollment and the student petition this year.
you'd guess wrong.

ZXCVBNM

Bronze

Post by ZXCVBNM » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:45 pm

why are people saying there are 80 transfers at NYU this year? is this credible info?

Unemployed

Silver

Post by Unemployed » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:55 pm

concurrent fork wrote:
As between giving the slightest consideration to the students' well being and collecting as much tuition $$$ as possible, CLS naturally opted for the latter. It didn't surprise anyone. After all, it's a tough economy for this multi-billion dollar 501(c)(3) institution as well.

30 more regulars and 20 more transfers = Additional revenue of $7.25M.

ZXCVBNM

Bronze

Post by ZXCVBNM » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:57 pm

I heard there are 45 transfers this year at CLS...from the dean of admissions

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Unemployed

Silver

Post by Unemployed » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:00 am

ZXCVBNM wrote:I heard there are 45 transfers this year at CLS...from the dean of admissions
Not sure how she will explain the fact that our class size went from 400 to 480, even after at least 3 people quit law school and one transferred out.

JG Hall

Bronze

Post by JG Hall » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:01 am

Last edited by JG Hall on Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZXCVBNM

Bronze

Post by ZXCVBNM » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:01 am

i guess the rejection letter i received stating that over 400 applied for 45 seats was inaccurate...perhaps i'm mistaken.

ZXCVBNM

Bronze

Post by ZXCVBNM » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:02 am

i guess i'll find out about our transfer class size at nyu's orientation this week.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Unemployed

Silver

Post by Unemployed » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:03 am

ZXCVBNM wrote:i guess the rejection letter i received stating that over 400 applied for 45 seats was inaccurate...perhaps i'm mistaken.
I guess they didn't even have the decency to update the form letter: 45-60 is the normal transfer size.

Gold

Post by 270910 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:04 am

ZXCVBNM wrote:i guess the rejection letter i received stating that over 400 applied for 45 seats was inaccurate...perhaps i'm mistaken.
This really isn't that complicated, dude. CLS probably wanted 45 transfer students. CLS probably admitted as many students as they thought they would have to admit to receive 45 transfer students A/K/A more than 45. A larger proportion than intended then accepted their offers to transfer to CLS. At least, that makes more sense than CLS bounding about lying to the people they rejected for no discernible reason.

Unemployed

Silver

Post by Unemployed » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:04 am

JG Hall wrote:
Unemployed wrote:
ZXCVBNM wrote:I heard there are 45 transfers this year at CLS...from the dean of admissions
Not sure how she will explain the fact that our class size went from 400 to 480, even after at least 3 people quit law school and one transferred out.
she won't.

she knows the student body has no power over her.

476... we might as well be Georgetown.
More like NYU :lol:

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:06 am

nvm. see below.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Unemployed

Silver

Post by Unemployed » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:08 am

disco_barred wrote:
This really isn't that complicated, dude. CLS probably wanted 45 transfer students. CLS probably admitted as many students as they thought they would have to admit to receive 45 transfer students A/K/A more than 45. A larger proportion than intended then accepted their offers to transfer to CLS. At least, that makes more sense than CLS bounding about lying to the people they rejected for no discernible reason.
I know this is getting off-topic, but both increases (in the 1L class as well as the transfer class) were intentional. We know that about the 1L class because there were a bunch of waitlist->accepts.

On transfers, the student senate learned of the administration's plan to increase the transfer size and actually put in a complaint to the Dean. His response: transfers bring new energy to the class, so it's good for everyone.

Gold

Post by 270910 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:10 am

Unemployed wrote:
disco_barred wrote:
I know this is getting off-topic, but both increases (in the 1L class as well as the transfer class) were intentional. We know that about the 1L class because there were a bunch of waitlist->accepts.

On transfers, the student senate learned of the administration's plan to increase the transfer size and actually put in a complaint to the Dean. His response: transfers bring new energy to the class, so it's good for everyone.
Yikes, never mind then. I guess the new energy comes from all of the tuition money + increased competition between students?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:11 am

Unemployed wrote:
disco_barred wrote:

I don't need new energy. I have coke for that. What I need is a damn job to support my coke habit.

Unemployed

Silver

Post by Unemployed » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:12 am

disco_barred wrote:
Unemployed wrote:
disco_barred wrote:

Yikes, never mind then. I guess the new energy comes from all of the tuition money + increased competition between students?
From what I heard about 2011's reaction to their transfer class, I was expecting a full-on war during EIP. People have been remarkably civil to each other. My classmates are awesome and successful in spite of CLS.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JG Hall

Bronze

Post by JG Hall » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:15 am

Last edited by JG Hall on Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZXCVBNM

Bronze

Post by ZXCVBNM » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:16 am

disco_barred wrote:
It's more complicated since I received the letter last week, when class size was already set and had to already be above 45, and the letter was tailored to me so it wasn't just a boilerplate deal with an old number...dude.

Unemployed

Silver

Post by Unemployed » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:19 am

JG Hall wrote:This is because the transfer class, on the whole, is slightly more attractive than the original 12ers (although not actually less awkward). Or at least the guys are. Sorry.
You assume I'm a guy, just because I have the Dude as my profile. :wink:

Gold

Post by 270910 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:22 am

ZXCVBNM wrote:
disco_barred wrote:
It's more complicated since I received the letter last week, when class size was already set and had to already be above 45, and the letter was tailored to me so it wasn't just a boilerplate deal with an old number...dude.
Yup, my bad. Sounds really fucked up.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”