POLL: when is the best time (in the day) to interview? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

interview early or late in the schedule?

early
62%
middle
22%
late
16%

Total votes: 50

bex

New

Re: POLL: when is the best time (in the day) to interview?

Post by bex » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:23 am

I've heard that it's better to be one of the later ones interviewed. I guess this is more applicable if an employer is inviting people to interview continuously over a few days or weeks, but I've heard that being one of the last ones means you'll be fresh in their minds. If I ever have an option of a day to go in for an interview, I try to pickone of the later ones and one of the later times. They remember what's most recent.

njgal

New

Post by njgal » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:24 am

When I went on an interview with a financial firm I was the last one of the day and the guy said that is one of the best slots to have....you can leave an impression and don't have to worry about a time limit (although if you are bad you will probably get out right on time). The guy also said that the first one or two in the morning are not generally the best times to go because the interviewer is really on top of his game at that point but they are better than right in the middle of the day where he said that most interviewers really only remember the bad ones

d34d9823

Gold

Post by d34d9823 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:25 am

Having it at the time of day when I function best >>> what marginal different impression the interviewer may take based on order.

Blindmelon

Gold

Post by Blindmelon » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:10 am

10:40 AM sharp. No earlier, no later. If you start at 10:41, give it up and skip it so you're fresh for the next day at 10:40 AM sharp.

Bosque

Gold

Post by Bosque » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:12 pm

njgal wrote:When I went on an interview with a financial firm I was the last one of the day and the guy said that is one of the best slots to have....you can leave an impression and don't have to worry about a time limit (although if you are bad you will probably get out right on time). The guy also said that the first one or two in the morning are not generally the best times to go because the interviewer is really on top of his game at that point but they are better than right in the middle of the day where he said that most interviewers really only remember the bad ones
Funny, because all of my callbacks so far have been from firms I interviewed with in the early afternoon or late morning. As I said before, I think if you can be memorable in the middle of the day, that is a plus.
Aqualibrium wrote:Every time I've ever interviewed in the last slot of the day for an employer it's lasted more than an hour and I've gotten a call back.
I have had the same thing happen to me. I hope it turns into a call back, I really liked that firm.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:14 pm

Far more important than time of day is who is immediately before and after you.

Edit: This is NYAssociate.

bwv812

Silver

Post by bwv812 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:18 pm

Last edited by bwv812 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:27 pm

bwv812 wrote:
dood wrote:...
Why would OP edit out the fucking original question? I really don't get it. Would it be helpful if all respondents in this thread did the same?
Hm, perhaps.

d34d9823

Gold

Post by d34d9823 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:14 pm

ResolutePear wrote:
bwv812 wrote:
Why would OP edit out the fucking original question? I really don't get it. Would it be helpful if all respondents in this thread did the same?
Hm, perhaps.
Yeah, this is one of those rhetorical questions that's supposed to make a point but really just makes everyone go "hmm, that would be fun."

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Rocky Estoppel

Bronze

Post by Rocky Estoppel » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:08 pm

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”