Mock Interview Leading to Real Interview? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Mock Interview Leading to Real Interview?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:50 pm

Has anyone ever heard of a mock interview leading to some sort of offer/callback at the interviewer's firm? My school has outside employers come in to do the mock interviews before OCI, and I'm just wondering if these types of mock interviews ever lead to someone getting called in for a real interview. I'm not sure if these interviewers are mostly from the firms participating in OCI, but I would imagine they are. You don't have to be selected for the mock interview, you just sign up through career services.

Thanks!

jp0094

Bronze

Re: Mock Interview Leading to Real Interview?

Post by jp0094 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:52 pm

Career services at my school has claimed this has happened before. I guess it happens.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:56 pm

I did a mock interview with an alumni from a top NY law firm, and was told at the end of the interview that I should apply there for 2L OCI. Career services mentioned that they sometimes keep track of particularly compelling individuals and look for their names as 2Ls. It's possible, though there's no way to know whether the firm you're referring to does that or not.

on_ne_sait_jamais

New

Post by on_ne_sait_jamais » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I did a mock interview with an alumni from a top NY law firm, and was told at the end of the interview that I should apply there for 2L OCI. Career services mentioned that they sometimes keep track of particularly compelling individuals and look for their names as 2Ls. It's possible, though there's no way to know whether the firm you're referring to does that or not.
If there's one thing you learn in law school- don't listen to career services.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:37 pm

At the end of my mock interview, I was handed a business card, told to keep in touch, and that "I should get in touch with [the attorney] if I fell through the cracks during OCI and [the attorney] would be sure I got an interview."

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:03 pm

Had a mock last week and was informed by the interviewer to definitely get in touch with him at OCI so that he could make sure that I meet other attorneys at the firm (essentially, the mock was my screen; I'm hoping it works out even better as it goes on).

ObviouslyMasochistic

New

Post by ObviouslyMasochistic » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:10 pm

I had a mock interview which led to a phone interview which led to a 1L summer associate position which led to a 2L summer associate position.

It can happen!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”