Loyola Patent Fair Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Loyola Patent Fair

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:51 am

Who's all is going to this thing? Where do people go out at night afterwards?

Bosque

Gold

Re: Loyola Patent Fair

Post by Bosque » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:Who's all is going to this thing? Where do people go out at night afterwards?
A lot of people is the answer to the first question, and the second is their rooms to collapse from exhaustion.

martha_c

New

Post by martha_c » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:27 pm

Seriously dude, next time, fight the urge to reply to a question you don't know the answer to.

dood

Gold

Post by dood » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:36 pm

Bosque

Gold

Post by Bosque » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Seriously dude, next time, fight the urge to reply to a question you don't know the answer to.
The hell is this? I did answer the question, and you are a douche. Everyone who wants a job in patent law is going or should be (as evidenced by the school list from the program website), and with the amount of time you are going to need to be on, if you don't just go collapse in your room and sleep you are a crazy person.

If you meant specifically who on the forum is going, there are a dozen or so threads already establishing this. although since you are anonymous, I assume that is not the question you were asking. As that would be ridiculous.

Actually, why the hell is this anonymous? No reason for it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:56 pm

It's not anonymous anymore.

wiseowl

Silver

Post by wiseowl » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:00 pm

i look forward to seeing partyboy martha_c next week. i will out party you and steal your offers.

LawSchoolWannaBe

Bronze

Post by LawSchoolWannaBe » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:25 pm

Bosque wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Seriously dude, next time, fight the urge to reply to a question you don't know the answer to.
The hell is this? I did answer the question, and you are a douche. Everyone who wants a job in patent law is going or should be (as evidenced by the school list from the program website), and with the amount of time you are going to need to be on, if you don't just go collapse in your room and sleep you are a crazy person.

If you meant specifically who on the forum is going, there are a dozen or so threads already establishing this. although since you are anonymous, I assume that is not the question you were asking. As that would be ridiculous.

Sure, it's a hectic two days, but it's not that bad.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:36 am

LawSchoolWannaBe wrote: Sure, it's a hectic two days, but it's not that bad.
maybe he has a lot of interviews -

(anon bec. i actually dont want my present employer to know that im doing the plip at this point.)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

peterstein

New

Post by peterstein » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:

(anon bec. i actually dont want my present employer to know that im doing the plip at this point.)
Like they wont know come thusrday.

Bosque

Gold

Post by Bosque » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:24 am

LawSchoolWannaBe wrote:
Bosque wrote:

Sure, it's a hectic two days, but it's not that bad.
Eh, I guess it depends on the number of interviews. I have [number redacted] (It is enough that I am busy all day). Combine that with the hospitality suites you really have to go to, the receptions in the evening, the prep for the interviews, and general travel tiredness and I fully expect to go back to my room and collapse as soon as I am free. Maybe everyone else is made of sterner stuff than me, but if I don't go back and sleep I might as well write off all my Friday interviews.

I guess I will probably go get a quick drink Thursday evening if people want to, but I am not going much farther than the hotel bar. I am certainly not going to have time to go on a pub crawl.
Last edited by Bosque on Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bosque

Gold

Post by Bosque » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:28 am

peterstein wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Like they wont know come thusrday.
Yah, that is kinda odd. How exactly are you going to explain leaving for two days?

You should just tell them. Unless they are completely oblivious or unreasonable, they know you are and should be looking for other job opportunities, as a 1L summer associate position is far from a real job offer. And if the ARE oblivious or unreasonable, why would you want to work there in the first place?

Now, if you are a rising 3L and looking for other jobs, then I can understand the secrecy.

yellowjacket2012

Bronze

Post by yellowjacket2012 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:25 am

I wonder if employers know who else is interviewing the candidates.

Bosque

Gold

Post by Bosque » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:37 pm

yellowjacket2012 wrote:I wonder if employers know who else is interviewing the candidates.
I doubt it. Although they will quickly fin out who is interviewing you immediately after them, as you are supposed to tell them so that the interview wont run long.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”