PLIP 4 office nterviews - same firm - strategy? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

PLIP 4 office nterviews - same firm - strategy?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:05 am

I have four office interviews with the same firm - a firm I would love to work for based on whatever research I've done so far into it.

My general strategy for law firm interviews has been to emphasize why I would love to work for them, and profess my seriousness about relocating my family to the office's city. This latter part, professing my love for the location - is a little tricky with multi-office, same-firm scenarios.

If anyone has any helpful comments about how to navigate this problem - and I'm so happy that THIS is the problem I have versus some unlucky folks with no interviews with this firm - I would appreciate that sincerely.

Anonymous User

Re: PLIP 4 office nterviews - same firm - strategy?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:08 am

I would just focus 100% on the firm.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:29 am

Are all of the offices where you're interviewing in the same state? I can only think of one firm that would do this. If it's the firm I'm thinking of, a) congrats on and good luck with the interviews, because it's a great place to work, and b) I'd stress your attraction to the firm's unique culture.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:33 am

op here, kirkland, are you talking about some other firm?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:op here, kirkland, are you talking about some other firm?
Focus on the firm's unique culture and demonstrate why your personality is suited for it. Kirkland is an entrepreneurial system where you have to beat your own path. It's not the place to go to if you're hoping to hide out for a few years. You need to be a go-getter.

Regarding different offices, I think you should focus on practice groups that are appealing to you and strong in all of those offices. But, I also think you're shooting yourself in the foot by targeting more than two. The effect of this move will likely detract from your overall message.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:51 am

hmmm.. duly noted. Thanks for the advice.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:55 am

just curious, what firm were you talking about, which also does this thing where multiple offices interview multiple times?

Gooner

New

Post by Gooner » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:15 am

I was apparently thinking of a different firm. Grats on the interviews all the same.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:24 am

Gooner wrote:I was apparently thinking of a different firm. Grats on the interviews all the same.
care to share what firm? I'm *highly interested* in knowing which firms are considered great places to work - anecdotal evidence about this kinda stuff seems to be pretty helpful!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”