Pre- law school employment (Need Advice) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
shaggy2jope

New

Pre- law school employment (Need Advice)

Post by shaggy2jope » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:28 pm

Hey all, first time poster, hoping to get some insight/advice. I'm planning on applying to schools this fall, and confident that I'll be enrolled to a school of my choice next fall. However, I'm looking for employment in the meantime, and I'm wondering if I can find any relevant postions in the field of law given that I obviously have no law degree and no prior experience. Compensation is a non-issue - I want to do something over the next year that I'll enjoy and that'll be somewhat worthwhile for my future. I also hate my current field in which I've worked for the past two years, and don't want to keep wasting my time. So, my rambling aside, can anyone offer some advice?

NU_Jet55

Silver

Re: Pre- law school employment (Need Advice)

Post by NU_Jet55 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:30 pm

shaggy2jope wrote: Compensation is a non-issue - I want to do something over the next year that I'll enjoy and that'll be somewhat worthwhile for my future.
1. Go someplace exotic
2. Have the time of your life (drink, dance, be merry)
3. ???
4. Profit

thecilent

Gold

Re: Pre- law school employment (Need Advice)

Post by thecilent » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:40 pm

shaggy2jope wrote:Compensation is a non-issue - I want to do something over the next year that I'll enjoy and that'll be somewhat worthwhile for my future.
Learn another language.

or
NU_Jet55 wrote: 1. Go someplace exotic
2. Have the time of your life (drink, dance, be merry)
3. ???
4. Profit

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”