Paralegal Work in LA Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
lawblahblah

New

Paralegal Work in LA

Post by lawblahblah » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:50 am

I will be attending UCLA in the Fall. My wife is looking for paralegal work in LA. I noticed a lot of people on the forum are currently working or were working as paralegals before entering law school. Any recommendations on how to go about the job search? We have hit up craigslist and careerbuilder but not much is coming up. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Sorry if this in the wrong section.

paratactical

Platinum

Re: Paralegal Work in LA

Post by paratactical » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:54 am

Last edited by paratactical on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:56 am

lawblahblah wrote:I will be attending UCLA in the Fall. My wife is looking for paralegal work in LA. I noticed a lot of people on the forum are currently working or were working as paralegals before entering law school. Any recommendations on how to go about the job search? We have hit up craigslist and careerbuilder but not much is coming up. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Craigslist and Careerbuilder are not great and neither is Monster.com. Maybe for some solo practitioners.

She should find a list of firms that have offices in LA, go to their websites, and personally send resumes/cover letters to the hiring contact for legal assistants/paralegals. I did this in NY (a couple of years ago, before the market tanked) and got two paralegal offers from two top firms in a matter of weeks. She needs to just plow through it and personally contact the hiring person.

Matthies

Silver

Post by Matthies » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:59 am

Join the local bar assn, get on thier listsevre for jobs, I get at least 2 postings a day for paralegals from mine. Stay away from craigslist for jobs, use it for hooking up, selling your sofa, findinga pet, but not your job.

lawblahblah

New

Post by lawblahblah » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:09 pm

paratactical wrote:
lawblahblah wrote:I will be attending UCLA in the Fall. My wife is looking for paralegal work in LA. I noticed a lot of people on the forum are currently working or were working as paralegals before entering law school. Any recommendations on how to go about the job search? We have hit up craigslist and careerbuilder but not much is coming up. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Does your wife have any paralegal experience?
She just got her bachelors in legal studies (ABA accredited) and did an internship in a law office. She also worked as an administrative assistant for 2 years.

To the other posts, thanks, we will start working through those avenues.

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:16 am

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”