Scattered Performance Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Scattered Performance

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:47 am

I attend a T6 with decent/good grades, but, underperformed. I have met with some professors who have said when I am "on" I am tops, but sometimes, I get ahead of myself and don't show my work, or I follow something I find interesting down a rabbit hole. I fully accept this criticism and will try to do better, but, is there a way to address this in an interview? LoRs?

lsat_fear

New

Re: Scattered Performance

Post by lsat_fear » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:12 pm

give the explanation you just gave--that shows that you recognized a problem and are trying to figure out the root of the problem so you can do something about it. Good traits for an employee.

hiromoto45

Silver

Post by hiromoto45 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:14 pm

I'm not sure what you mean. Are just talking about exam performance? How do you get such an assessment from multiple professors. Sounds like you are making an excuses or at least trying to craft an explanation for your performance.

lsat_fear

New

Post by lsat_fear » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:18 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:I'm not sure what you mean. Are just talking about exam performance? How do you get such an assessment from multiple professors. Sounds like you are making an excuses or at least trying to craft an explanation for your performance.
my post assumes that OP actually talked to professors in person about his exam performance. if you haven't, then you should not say anything that would mislead one to infer that you have.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”