OCI - should I try? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

OCI - should I try?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:10 am

OCI is coming up and I was wondering if I should even bother...I am a 2L at a T2 in a big city and my grades are horrible: C+ in torts, contracts, and property; C in corporate taxation and a C- in bankruptcy. A's and B's in everything else. I'm will be on the e-board for a secondary journal next semester and also a member of moot court. I'm also on another e-board for a student organization. I have work experience as a law clerk and also as a judicial extern.

I do not have my rank on my resume (it's towards the bottom). My GPA is a 2.91.

What do you think? Feel free to be honest. Thanks!

nealric

Re: OCI - should I try?

Post by nealric » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:42 am

Biglaw is pretty much a lost cause, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to give OCI a shot if there are some smaller firms or government employers interviewing. Just don't count on it to get you anything.

RayFinkle

Bronze

Post by RayFinkle » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:13 am

What episode is that pic from nealric? What character is that?

KMaine

Silver

Post by KMaine » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:20 am

OP - You are probably going to have a hard time lining up a job through OCI. But, you might as well try. It is better than asking "what if?" In any case, your school probably has employers pre-screen applicants, so you would only be interviewing with employers who were interested in you as a candidate. Good luck.

nylaw23

New

Post by nylaw23 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:24 pm

Even if you do not get a job, if you get interviews, the interview practice will be helpful

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”