employment history / C&F Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

employment history / C&F

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:44 am

I am planning to disclose this to my school asap, as a 0L.

I've been working at the same place for a few years and put my LS app start date as "September" - just checked my old contract and voila it was the following month. Why did I apparently "lie"? because I started working informally (not full-time but doing odds and ends to prep for my job...) and actually signed the contract in September, but official employment was to take effect the following month.

Is this a serious character/fitness issue? Will it be alright if I put an addendum into my school? Worried. :|

daviddel03

New

Re: employment history / C&F

Post by daviddel03 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:59 am

i really don't think it's a big deal. If you're that worried, contact the school and let them know you made a mistake.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:17 pm

Are they that strict about this stuff? I do a lot of freelance work, and have to prep for work assignments, so I just put my hire date on all of my jobs.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:because I started working informally (not full-time but doing odds and ends to prep for my job...)

Also, don't you have to report this period of work to c&f anyway? At least in New York they ask for all work, including voluntary/unpaid work.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:48 am

Good points here. What do you do if you work a shitload of odd jobs? How the hell do you report all that, especially if its years before you apply for the bar? Or do you do it to the best of your ability? Are they going to hire PIs and say "You made 100 bucks working for XXX catering company and did not report this!"

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:36 pm

The bar's not magical. If there is no piece of paper of something anywhere, they won't find it.

I'm convinced that 95% of cases of people being "surprised" by C&F are people who haven't bothered to learn about what sort of documents they actually generate in life.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”