Looking for a job? Never do what Jesse J. Clark did! Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Locke N. Lawded

New

Re: Looking for a job? Never do what Jesse J. Clark did!

Post by Locke N. Lawded » Mon May 31, 2010 9:30 pm

Here's why he took he down...apparently, he can't handle the truth!
The Legal Profession Is No Longer Prestigious

As a result of the recent events that have occurred these past couple of days in regards to Attorney Rose Clayton’s posting of our now not so private email conversation, I feel compelled to make this last and final blog and say goodbye to this “prestigious” profession.

When looking back at everything that has occurred since May 27, 2010, when Attorney Clayton posted our email conversation, it now makes me wonder if lawyers have lost their prestige status. As every lawyer and law student knows, 49 states have adopted the Model Rules of Professional Responsibility. These model rules were drafted and adopted for lawyers to adhere to them. Do lawyers really adhere to the model rules? I will leave that question for you to answer. After sitting back and taking the time to reflect on the series of events that have occurred, it makes me wonder if lawyers forget about the model rules after successfully passing the Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam. When a job applicant communicates to a prospective employer, he or she does not expect that their private conversations would become public. Unless I have been under a rock, I do not believe that this has become a new trend when applying for a job. I wonder what it will be next? Will attorneys be running to the internet to disclose confidential information provided by the client?

I have come to the conclusion that lawyers have lost their prestigious status and wonder why so many students flock to law schools after obtaining a four year degree to become one. Face it, there are no jobs available and, if there are, Attorney Rose Clayton has a position of a lifetime for you! Do you want to receive four quarterly bonuses equal to four weeks pay, plus complimentary lunch all while receiving a massage? Is the legal field prestigious when events like this occur? I certainly do not believe so. This profession is sinking fast and it is troubling to me. Since Friday, I have had no sleep. I have read over each comment, both on “The Docket” and “Above the Law”, over and over. For someone who takes this profession seriously, the comments make me sick. In fact, many comments are by attorneys. The inaccuracies are too numerous to refute in detail but I will, however, respond to one of them here. First and foremost, no- I am not dead as one comment indicates. I have still yet to find any “Breaking News” on my apparent suicide. I find it quite humorous that some people would sit in front of their computer and try to pick out every typo and legal inaccuracy in the candid private email’s sent to Attorney Clayton.

After taking the time to reflect on the recent events, I have decided to not become a member of the bar, at least not in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. This decision is based on the lack of professionalism by the bar community here, and especially the lack of judgment by Attorney Clayton by publishing the personal emails.

What will I do now? Will I ever go back to law school and obtain my J.D.? who knows. I will let the cards fall where they land.

Please note that this website will be terminated within the next few days.
Posted by Jesse J. Clark at 7:41 PM

honestabe84

Bronze

Post by honestabe84 » Mon May 31, 2010 9:41 pm

Locke N. Lawded wrote:Here's why he took he down...apparently, he can't handle the truth!

As a result of the recent events that have occurred these past couple of days in regards to Attorney Rose Clayton’s posting of our now not so private email conversation, I feel compelled to make this last and final blog and say goodbye to this “prestigious” profession.

When looking back at everything that has occurred since May 27, 2010, when Attorney Clayton posted our email conversation, it now makes me wonder if lawyers have lost their prestige status. As every lawyer and law student knows, 49 states have adopted the Model Rules of Professional Responsibility. These model rules were drafted and adopted for lawyers to adhere to them. Do lawyers really adhere to the model rules? I will leave that question for you to answer. After sitting back and taking the time to reflect on the series of events that have occurred, it makes me wonder if lawyers forget about the model rules after successfully passing the Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam. When a job applicant communicates to a prospective employer, he or she does not expect that their private conversations would become public. Unless I have been under a rock, I do not believe that this has become a new trend when applying for a job. I wonder what it will be next? Will attorneys be running to the internet to disclose confidential information provided by the client?

I have come to the conclusion that lawyers have lost their prestigious status and wonder why so many students flock to law schools after obtaining a four year degree to become one. Face it, there are no jobs available and, if there are, Attorney Rose Clayton has a position of a lifetime for you! Do you want to receive four quarterly bonuses equal to four weeks pay, plus complimentary lunch all while receiving a massage? Is the legal field prestigious when events like this occur? I certainly do not believe so. This profession is sinking fast and it is troubling to me. Since Friday, I have had no sleep. I have read over each comment, both on “The Docket” and “Above the Law”, over and over. For someone who takes this profession seriously, the comments make me sick. In fact, many comments are by attorneys. The inaccuracies are too numerous to refute in detail but I will, however, respond to one of them here. First and foremost, no- I am not dead as one comment indicates. I have still yet to find any “Breaking News” on my apparent suicide. I find it quite humorous that some people would sit in front of their computer and try to pick out every typo and legal inaccuracy in the candid private email’s sent to Attorney Clayton.

After taking the time to reflect on the recent events, I have decided to not become a member of the bar, at least not in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. This decision is based on the lack of professionalism by the bar community here, and especially the lack of judgment by Attorney Clayton by publishing the personal emails.

What will I do now? Will I ever go back to law school and obtain my J.D.? who knows. I will let the cards fall where they land.

As big of an idiot this guy is, it's not right that he is having to chang his entire career based on one profoundly immature email.

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Mon May 31, 2010 9:43 pm

honestabe84 wrote:
Locke N. Lawded wrote:Here's why he took he down...apparently, he can't handle the truth!

As big of an idiot this guy is, it's not right that he is having to chang his entire career based on one profoundly immature email.
What choice does he have? He is 100% unemployable and no one will hire him in Massachusetts...

Silver

Post by 06132010 » Mon May 31, 2010 9:45 pm

honestabe84 wrote: As big of an idiot this guy is, it's not right that he is having to chang his entire career based on one profoundly immature email.
Really? I think it is. Anyone who is stupid and unprofessional enough to send an E-mail like that to an interviewer, no matter how rude the interviewer was, deserves whatever consequences ensue.

HazelEyes

Bronze

Post by HazelEyes » Mon May 31, 2010 9:46 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
honestabe84 wrote:
UrbanAchievers wrote:Damn. The video was taken down already. Wish I had saved a copy of that little gem.
Why would it be taken down?

will this suffice?

--LinkRemoved--
LOOOOOL! Loving this!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Silver

Post by 06072010 » Mon May 31, 2010 9:48 pm

booyakasha45 wrote:
honestabe84 wrote: As big of an idiot this guy is, it's not right that he is having to chang his entire career based on one profoundly immature email.
Really? I think it is. Anyone who is stupid and unprofessional enough to send an E-mail like that to an interviewer, no matter how rude the interviewer was, deserves whatever consequences ensue.
+100

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Mon May 31, 2010 9:49 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
honestabe84 wrote:

What choice does he have? He is 100% unemployable and no one will hire him in Massachusetts...
Erroneous use of apostrophe = does not get any jobs EVAAAAAR.

honestabe84

Bronze

Post by honestabe84 » Mon May 31, 2010 9:52 pm

booyakasha45 wrote:
I guess, but if everyone who is stupid and has made made a big mistake had to leave the profession, I think there would be half as many lawyers out there.

Trust me, I'm not defending this guy - You can look at my previous posts. Nevertheless, I think the outcome of this story is a bit harsh. I suppose its his decision, though. It's not like he's being chased out of Mass with pitchforks and torches.

schnoodle

New

Post by schnoodle » Mon May 31, 2010 9:54 pm

tigers can't change their stripes. he outed himself as an idiot. he saved a potential employer time and money in doing so. i don't exactly feel sorry for him. although i do think it's funny that he said "NO ONE CARES AS MUCH ABOUT THIS PROFESSION AS ME," yet now he is turning his back on it. everyone be on the lookout for the following items to appear on craigslist.com: scales of justice, gavel, constitution, law books, declaration of independence, portraits of founding fathers, "IT ALL".

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Rikkugrrl

Bronze

Post by Rikkugrrl » Mon May 31, 2010 9:54 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
honestabe84 wrote:

Ahem, the *Commonwealth* of Massachusetts. Anyone else cringe every time he says that in his pretentious blog? I'm dying for an old guy with an English accent to read his posts aloud, while wearing a red velvet smoking jacket and stroking a longhair cat.

Silver

Post by 06132010 » Mon May 31, 2010 9:57 pm

schnoodle wrote:tigers can't change their stripes. he outed himself as an idiot. he saved a potential employer time and money in doing so. i don't exactly feel sorry for him. although i do think it's funny that he said "NO ONE CARES AS MUCH ABOUT THIS PROFESSION AS ME," yet now he is turning his back on it. everyone be on the lookout for the following items to appear on craigslist.com: scales of justice, gavel, constitution, law books, declaration of independence, portraits of founding fathers, "IT ALL".
I will buy "IT ALL" and drive to the commonwealth of Massachusetts to get "IT ALL." I hope you're reading this, Jesse J. Clark/Bostonlegal83.

nahgems

Bronze

Post by nahgems » Mon May 31, 2010 10:01 pm

honestabe84 wrote:As big of an idiot this guy is, it's not right that he is having to chang his entire career based on one profoundly immature email.
I would normally agree with this. If Jesse was an upstanding individual and had written one string of profoundly immature emails, I would feel some sympathy for him. That isn't the case here. Most prospective employers perform web searches on employees. A web search on Jesse *prior* to this incident would have revealed his blog (which referred to his realtor as a "broad" and contained several outspoken controversial statements). This incident magnified a problem that already existed for Jesse. Prior to this incident he could have taken down his blog. Now it is reposted in multiple forums and he has less control. This incident was not a single profoundly immature moment for Jesse. It was part of a pattern of behavior that demonstrates a lack of respect, common sense, grammatical prowess and general competence. This pattern culminated in a series of profoundly immature emails that further limited Jesse’s already dismal career options. And he should have to deal with those consequences.

tomwelling

New

Post by tomwelling » Mon May 31, 2010 10:11 pm

nahgems wrote:
honestabe84 wrote:As big of an idiot this guy is, it's not right that he is having to chang his entire career based on one profoundly immature email.
I would normally agree with this. If Jesse was an upstanding individual and had written one string of profoundly immature emails, I would feel some sympathy for him. That isn't the case here. Most prospective employers perform web searches on employees. A web search on Jesse *prior* to this incident would have revealed his blog (which referred to his realtor as a "broad" and contained several outspoken controversial statements). This incident magnified a problem that already existed for Jesse. Prior to this incident he could have taken down his blog. Now it is reposted in multiple forums and he has less control. This incident was not a single profoundly immature moment for Jesse. It was part of a pattern of behavior that demonstrates a lack of respect, common sense, grammatical prowess and general competence. This pattern culminated in a series of profoundly immature emails that further limited Jesse’s already dismal career options. And he should have to deal with those consequences.
This is correct. Reading his old blog posts is pretty entertaining... fortunately Google, in its infinite wisdom, has preserved cached versions of some of his old blog posts.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tomwelling

New

Post by tomwelling » Mon May 31, 2010 10:15 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:I saw his LinkedIn profile (it looks like it's been taken down now) and it was hilarious. The man has a serious problem with his capslock key.
--LinkRemoved--

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon May 31, 2010 10:18 pm

His wife looks like she could be quite hot in that picture. Sucks for her she married a moron!

Locke N. Lawded

New

Post by Locke N. Lawded » Mon May 31, 2010 10:19 pm

tomwelling wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:I saw his LinkedIn profile (it looks like it's been taken down now) and it was hilarious. The man has a serious problem with his capslock key.
--LinkRemoved--
Nice sleuthing! This guy still doesn't understand how the old interwebs function if he thinks he can erase all traces of his infamy!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Mon May 31, 2010 10:25 pm

tomwelling wrote:
--LinkRemoved--
Haha excellent.

Did you know that when he worked for Phillips, Silver, Talmon, Aframe & Sinrich, P.C. he performed something called "FILE MANAGEMENT"? Or that he's the "OWNER OF XTREME-WEB-DESIGNS.COM"? This man is a symbol of hope in an otherwise weary world.

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Mon May 31, 2010 10:25 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
honestabe84 wrote:
UrbanAchievers wrote:Damn. The video was taken down already. Wish I had saved a copy of that little gem.

will this suffice?

--LinkRemoved--
May you live 10,000 years! :lol: :lol:

trkmantis2

New

Post by trkmantis2 » Mon May 31, 2010 10:28 pm

I've been following this story and I can't tell if the guy just has a massive ego or if he's psychologically unstable.

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Mon May 31, 2010 10:35 pm

I LOVE Chico's theatrical thriller he released on this epic, but is it possible for our cache sleuths to dig up that original gem of his?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon May 31, 2010 10:36 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:I LOVE Chico's theatrical thriller he released on this epic, but is it possible for our cache sleuths to dig up that original gem of his?
+1, I only got to see the first two minutes and I want to see the rest.

megaTTTron

Silver

Post by megaTTTron » Mon May 31, 2010 10:49 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
honestabe84 wrote:

will this suffice?

--LinkRemoved--
Thank you so much.

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Mon May 31, 2010 10:54 pm

Last edited by chicoalto0649 on Mon May 31, 2010 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon May 31, 2010 10:56 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:do we know Jesse's email?
It is on his resume. Are you planning to email him or something? That may be a bit over the top.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”