Looking for a job? Never do what Jesse J. Clark did! Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Locke N. Lawded

New

Looking for a job? Never do what Jesse J. Clark did!

Post by Locke N. Lawded » Mon May 31, 2010 12:45 pm

If you haven't already seen this on ATL, it's worth a look. Massachusetts law student Jesse J. Clark recently applied for a paralegal position and it did not go well at all. Check out the email chain between Jesse and his potential employer here:

--LinkRemoved--

And then go check out his hilarious video response here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGrQSdSS ... r_embedded

So, please, in future, take a moment to reflect before flaming potential employers.

The video is down now, but the final blog posting is available at: http://shillingmesoftly.blogspot.com/
Last edited by Locke N. Lawded on Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Re: Looking for a job? Never do what Jesse J. Clark did!

Post by Bildungsroman » Mon May 31, 2010 12:54 pm

That's pretty funny. Both of those people seem like total toolboxes.

Locke N. Lawded

New

Post by Locke N. Lawded » Mon May 31, 2010 1:13 pm

Agreed! But apparently it gets even better!

I read through the comments on The Docket, and there's a link to this loser's own blog...with awesome rock music, natch!

--LinkRemoved--

He posts his video response and goes on to give a detailed account culminating in this:
*UPDATE 5/28/2010* Legal proceedings will be instituted against both Lawyers Weekly and Attorney Rose Clayton for posting defamatory statements.
Way to NEVER get a job anywhere, bro!

LAWLAW09

Bronze

Post by LAWLAW09 » Mon May 31, 2010 1:20 pm

hilarious

Cal4future

New

Post by Cal4future » Mon May 31, 2010 1:40 pm

There is so much to lol at... I don't know where to begin.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

merichard87

Silver

Post by merichard87 » Mon May 31, 2010 1:42 pm

What is Massachusetts School of Law and what other state does he think he's going to with a degree from said school?

Leeroy Jenkins

Silver

Post by Leeroy Jenkins » Mon May 31, 2010 1:42 pm

merichard87 wrote:What is Massachusetts School of Law and what other state does he think he's going to with a degree from said school?
RI, CT, VT, NH, ME?

vandalvideo

Bronze

Post by vandalvideo » Mon May 31, 2010 1:45 pm

I would have taken the secret shopping job in a second for a reputable law firm. That would have been fun!

merichard87

Silver

Post by merichard87 » Mon May 31, 2010 1:49 pm

Leeroy Jenkins wrote:
merichard87 wrote:What is Massachusetts School of Law and what other state does he think he's going to with a degree from said school?
RI, CT, VT, NH, ME?
I meant that more as a your school is not even ranked, let's all laugh at the Tier 5 guy type of joke.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Mon May 31, 2010 1:55 pm

Man, not only is that guy a huge jerk, but that attorney is a terrible writer as well. That email exchange is all kinds of fail.

Silver

Post by 06132010 » Mon May 31, 2010 2:02 pm

wow. this is fantastic.

vlsorbust

New

Post by vlsorbust » Mon May 31, 2010 2:06 pm

I had never heard of his law school before reading this post. The school's website doesn't mention whether it's ABA-accredited. The attorney involved went to Western New England, which I've only heard about in the TLS site's list of law schools in MA.

Epic fail all around! Doesn't look like either of them really have any business practicing law. Both seem to have a bit of an ego problem.

sluguy14

Bronze

Post by sluguy14 » Mon May 31, 2010 2:08 pm

Wow, this dude has a stick up his ass. It's a business correspondence; you're expected to act and communicate professionally. This guy didn't follow the rules and now he's suffering (and whining about) the consequences. Enjoy unemployment.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Locke N. Lawded

New

Post by Locke N. Lawded » Mon May 31, 2010 2:11 pm

I agree that both parties are pretty ridiculous, but this guy is seriously out of line with his sexist rantings.

But this guy really is already done for in the legal community.

And get a load of this...he actually lists this on his resume as if it's some kind of real skill:
Certified by the United States Bankruptcy Court to electronically file pleadings to the U.S. Bankruptcy Court's Electronic Filing System.

Silver

Post by 06132010 » Mon May 31, 2010 2:12 pm

I wonder if he said "um" in his interview as many times as he did in the the apology video.

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Mon May 31, 2010 2:16 pm

vlsorbust wrote:I had never heard of his law school before reading this post. The school's website doesn't mention whether it's ABA-accredited.
That is because they are not ABA accredited.

Locke N. Lawded

New

Post by Locke N. Lawded » Mon May 31, 2010 2:20 pm

Here's what this douchebag's own law school website has to say about itself:

ABOUT MSLAW

Massachusetts School of Law's mission is to provide a high quality, practical, and affordable legal education to deserving persons who have been unfairly excluded from law school.

The school seeks to give these persons access to the societal advancement that is available, in law and other fields, to people with legal degrees.

To accomplish its mission, Massachusetts School of Law serves persons from working class backgrounds, minorities, mid-life individuals who seek to change careers, middle class people and immigrants.

Massachusetts School of Law gives individuals from all these groups a rigorous, useful, affordable legal education so that they can improve their lives and better serve their communities.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Locke N. Lawded

New

Post by Locke N. Lawded » Mon May 31, 2010 2:22 pm

NO LSAT REQUIRED

Massachusetts School of Law interviews every applicant who wishes to attend the school. We believe the true measure of a person’s capabilities to be a good lawyer cannot be measured solely by sterile statistical data, which can never measure drive, dedication, obstacles overcome, perseverance, and a good heart.

In some circumstances, there is a second interview with the entire Admissions Committee. The Committee also reviews an applicant’s entire pertinent background, including all college grade-point averages, the specific courses in which an applicant did well or poorly in college, improvement over time in college, the possession of a graduate degree and the grades obtained in graduate school, and the nature of any experience and accomplishments in the work force.

Also, because of the considerable criticisms of the LSAT, Massachusetts School of Law does not consider the LSAT when making admissions decisions. Instead, it considers an essay test that the school itself has developed and most importantly, it is read and graded by a full time MSLAW professor who, based upon years of practical and academic experience, is well qualified to assess an applicant’s ability to think and write well. The requirement of a mandatory interview, the review of an applicant’s entire record in school and the work force, and the essay aptitude test enable the Admissions Committee to identify worthy students who would be denied admission to traditional law schools simply because of their LSAT scores.
It just boggles the mind that Jesse J. Clark is bragging about getting the highest grades in his law school class, when this is the caliber of school he attends. He's lucky to get any type of interviews at all...and this was likely his last one.

dvd

Bronze

Post by dvd » Mon May 31, 2010 2:27 pm

`
Last edited by dvd on Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theghostofDrewTate

New

Post by theghostofDrewTate » Mon May 31, 2010 2:28 pm

Locke N. Lawded wrote:I agree that both parties are pretty ridiculous, but this guy is seriously out of line with his sexist rantings.

But this guy really is already done for in the legal community.

And get a load of this...he actually lists this on his resume as if it's some kind of real skill:
Certified by the United States Bankruptcy Court to electronically file pleadings to the U.S. Bankruptcy Court's Electronic Filing System.
I just glanced at his page and it looked like he didn't actually say anything sexist in the email, the attorney allegedly just changed it before forwarding it on to make the guy look even worse. If that is true, the Mass Bar should give her a little vacation time to think about whether she has the judgment necessary to practice law in the Commonwealth.

I think this story ends with these two getting married. Remember back in middle school, maybe there was someone you didn't like for whatever reason and then you got to know them and a few months later you were great friends, these two appear just dysfunctional and crazy enough to be perfect for each other.

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Mon May 31, 2010 2:29 pm

tl;dr
Last edited by thesealocust on Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Mon May 31, 2010 2:29 pm

The attorney was posting conversational emails back and forth to a douche. Jesus, some of you fucking kids have a real fucking wake-up call when you get out into the REAL WORLD. Unfuckingbelievable. :?

She gave him a chance and then he went cuckoo for fucking coco puffs in his replies back.

Locke N. Lawded

New

Post by Locke N. Lawded » Mon May 31, 2010 2:33 pm

I am a shill...for a bar review company, I will be the first one to admit it. I just think this guy is a complete tosser and everyone should know about it.

ze2151

Bronze

Post by ze2151 » Mon May 31, 2010 2:35 pm

"right off the get-go, she was ridiculing my work."

umm... SHE IS ALLOWED TO DO THAT! SHE'S THE ONE SIGNING THE CHECKS.

thank you mr. clark. one less lawyer to compete against.

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Mon May 31, 2010 2:35 pm

booyakasha45 wrote:I wonder if he said "um" in his interview as many times as he did in the the apology video.
Ok, in his defense, he does have a really nice office! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I have the constitution here, the bill of rights there, I have the scales of justice, a gavel, I have legal treatise, law books, um, I have pictures of the founding fathers. I HAVE IT ALL!!"
The scales of justice, a gavel.... :lol: :lol:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”