Questions to patent lawyers or people who know about it Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Questions to patent lawyers or people who know about it

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:01 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Leeroy Jenkins wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What about current 2Ls? That is some hard data.
EE's get jobs even at the bottom of their class at t25's, everyone else is SOL

hth
How bottom is bottom?
Ok, so, the other T10er here. Grades seemed pretty meaningless for IP people in general (with tech backgrounds). I am sure good grades helped, but I still know people at the bottom of their respective classes who are working at quality firms (V50). I've repeatedly been told to stop obsessing about grades by 2Ls/3Ls, and when I have asked practicing attorneys, they didn't go that far, but did say things to the effect that grades were much less important for tech people, and to expect to be highly sought after in OCI even without stellar grades. For the record, I am hovering around median.

jerjon2

Bronze

Post by jerjon2 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Leeroy Jenkins wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What about current 2Ls? That is some hard data.
EE's get jobs even at the bottom of their class at t25's, everyone else is SOL

hth
How bottom is bottom?
Ok, so, the other T10er here. Grades seemed pretty meaningless for IP people in general (with tech backgrounds). I am sure good grades helped, but I still know people at the bottom of their respective classes who are working at quality firms (V50). I've repeatedly been told to stop obsessing about grades by 2Ls/3Ls, and when I have asked practicing attorneys, they didn't go that far, but did say things to the effect that grades were much less important for tech people, and to expect to be highly sought after in OCI even without stellar grades. For the record, I am hovering around median.
How are technical people doing if they are straight out of UG? (Especially EE if you have any specific insight)

dajja15

New

Post by dajja15 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:36 pm

I am not even EE, getting scared about entering law school, even if i get into NYU or Northwestern, ugh.... maybe Ill go work at JPL for a couple years..

lostjake

Bronze

Post by lostjake » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:40 pm

dajja15 wrote:I am not even EE, getting scared about entering law school, even if i get into NYU or Northwestern, ugh.... maybe Ill go work at JPL for a couple years..
That was helpful.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”