Top Law School's Official Unemployment Poll Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Yes, I am unemployed. I attend(ed):

Pennsylvania
81%
I do not attend a school listed above
19%

Total votes: 16

Olivio Pastimante

New

Top Law School's Official Unemployment Poll

Post by Olivio Pastimante » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:29 pm

Hi!

I am trying to compile unemployment by school. If you are currently unemployed, please vote for the school you attend or graduated.
Last edited by Olivio Pastimante on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:51 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Kohinoor

Gold

Re: Unemployment From Top School Poll

Post by Kohinoor » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:30 pm

This thread is now about discussing the flaws of this poll.

Olivio Pastimante

New

Post by Olivio Pastimante » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:32 pm

Note: I mean unemployment as in you are looking for a legal job and have not found one.

Thanks!

holydonkey

Silver

Post by holydonkey » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:34 pm

Why is Georgetown in this poll? HYSCCNBP.....Gtttown? Are we assuming everyone from MVDNC have jobs?

Olivio Pastimante

New

Post by Olivio Pastimante » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:36 pm

holydonkey wrote:Why is Georgetown in this poll? HYSCCNBP.....Gtttown? Are we assuming everyone from MVDNC have jobs?
Well, I only have ten slots for the poll and I wanted to put the schools I am looking at attending to get a feel for the job prospects.

Thanks!

Hey, maybe you can start another poll with the rest. That way we will cover everyone.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Renzo

Gold

Post by Renzo » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:10 pm

Kohinoor wrote:This thread is now about discussing the flaws of this poll.
Among others, it is another shining example of why the "forum for law school students" is a complete failure.

Olivio Pastimante

New

Post by Olivio Pastimante » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:58 pm

any more votes? please help out!

many thanks!

XxSpyKEx

Gold

Post by XxSpyKEx » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:01 pm

I can see a lot of people picking Yale on this poll just because it's more comical that way.

Olivio Pastimante

New

Post by Olivio Pastimante » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:16 pm

XxSpyKEx wrote:I can see a lot of people picking Yale on this poll just because it's more comical that way.
This is the problem with trusting anonymous characters. I still believe, though, that there are plenty of good people out there, so please come take part in my poll!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

pleasetryagain

Silver

Post by pleasetryagain » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:19 pm

Yale

Olivio Pastimante

New

Post by Olivio Pastimante » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:20 pm

pleasetryagain wrote:Yale
Please slither your crusty way out of here, Serpentine Clown.

XxSpyKEx

Gold

Post by XxSpyKEx » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:29 pm

Damnit, he took Yale out. I guess the new comical winner will be either Harvard or Stanford.

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:37 pm

Harvard.

Oh and OP, you're a weird kid.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Olivio Pastimante

New

Post by Olivio Pastimante » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:37 pm

You people are fucking useless TTTurds.

Edit: My thanks to the Penn and "other" students who voted honestly (presumably). I value and respect your honesty and integrity.

Olivio Pastimante

New

Post by Olivio Pastimante » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:46 pm

I am sick of you fools shitting all over my poll. I've had it. Enough! You think you're funny selecting Harvard and Yale and Stanford, huh? Oh, aha ha ha ha ha ha. Very very f-ing funny.

ps. Thanks to those out there that entered their selections earnestly.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:53 pm

Olivio Pastimante wrote:I am sick of you fools shitting all over my poll. I've had it. Enough! You think you're funny selecting Harvard and Yale and Stanford, huh? Oh, aha ha ha ha ha ha. Very very f-ing funny.

I'm calling flame.

But if not, OP... seriously. You seem like a nice guy. Perhaps a bit odd, but nice. This poll is simply useless, in large part because of the radically different class sizes of some of these schools. If you are new to TLS, you need to realize that these boards can be downright vicious, and anyone creating a poll like this one is likely be ridiculed. For your sake, I don't want that to happen.

My advice if you are worried about employment (as you should be) is to look at NLJ statistics online and check out some of the employment threads. Also, perhaps it would be wise to contact people who attend the schools you are looking at and ask for their opinion. There are plenty of people on these threads from every top school in the country, so this would be a great place to start.

Olivio Pastimante

New

Post by Olivio Pastimante » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:02 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Olivio Pastimante wrote:I am sick of you fools shitting all over my poll. I've had it. Enough! You think you're funny selecting Harvard and Yale and Stanford, huh? Oh, aha ha ha ha ha ha. Very very f-ing funny.

I'm calling flame.

But if not, OP... seriously. You seem like a nice guy. Perhaps a bit odd, but nice. This poll is simply useless, in large part because of the radically different class sizes of some of these schools. If you are new to TLS, you need to realize that these boards can be downright vicious, and anyone creating a poll like this one is likely be ridiculed. For your sake, I don't want that to happen.

My advice if you are worried about employment (as you should be) is to look at NLJ statistics online and check out some of the employment threads. Also, perhaps it would be wise to contact people who attend the schools you are looking at and ask for their opinion. There are plenty of people on these threads from every top school in the country, so this would be a great place to start.
Romothesavior,

Thanks for your time and reply. I've been very very disappointed by the treatment I've received on this forum so far. You know, I tried creating a poll just to have an idea of what effect the recession has had on people browsing this forum. I think graphical representations are a valuable tool. I honestly thought I would be received warmly, but my God and the Good Jesus was I damn wrong. My first poll resulted in everyone (with few exceptions) voting for Yale. Then I removed Yale and everyone voted for Harvard. Then Stanford. Until I gave up and just put Pennsylvania and said the hell with this treatment. I cannot tell you how frustrating and irritating it is to seek advice only to be spat on and have a fork, knife and practically an entire steak dinner shoved up my ass. I cannot tell you how depressing and irritating it is. At least there are people like you to give me some guidance. I was too damn naive thinking people would be honest or, if not, control their childish impulses. I don't think I'll be visiting this forum any longer. And to have come from another forum thinking that this would be a better resource. God Damn was I wrong.

That's it. I'll try to follow your advice. Thank you so much for it! I really appreciate it.

In the meantime, I'll be pulling this steak out my ass.

FML.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

romothesavior

Diamond

Re: Top Law School's Official Unemployment Poll

Post by romothesavior » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:18 am

Olivio, this forum is generally friendly and respectful, so long as you do your homework on what you are talking about and are respectful in return. If you do/say something stupid or rude, you will be in big trouble. You were very respectful, but your whole idea for this thread was very silly, quite frankly.

I actually lurked on TLS for quite a while before figuring out the norms, basics about law school admissions, etc. That way I didn't come off poorly in my posts. Just make sure you take the time to carefully craft your posts so you don't come off stupid.

TLS is great. Don't give up on it yet. I have met some really wonderful people here and gotten outstanding advice. You just have to beware of some of the old veterans on here, who can sometimes be pretty harsh. So far I've been able to avoid stepping on their toes, and hopefully I can keep it that way. We would love to have you on here, and I hope you stick around.

beef wellington

Silver

Post by beef wellington » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:29 am

This guy is the weirdest flame ever. He showed up in the GULC threads acting like he was all fresh off the boat, claiming GULC had been his top choice until he was informed about its poor "job prospects" (he used quotation marks whenever he mentioned these mythical so-called "job prospects," like he'd never heard of them or considered them before, I thought it was pretty funny). Now he's in here throwing around TTT and FML. Pretty sure he's just a poorly thought out anti-GULC troll.

Olivio Pastimante

New

Post by Olivio Pastimante » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:31 am

romothesavior wrote:Olivio, this forum is generally friendly and respectful, so long as you do your homework on what you are talking about and are respectful in return. If you do/say something stupid or rude, you will be in big trouble. You were very respectful, but your whole idea for this thread was very silly, quite frankly.

I actually lurked on TLS for quite a while before figuring out the norms, basics about law school admissions, etc. That way I didn't come off poorly in my posts. Just make sure you take the time to carefully craft your posts so you don't come off stupid.

TLS is great. Don't give up on it yet. I have met some really wonderful people here and gotten outstanding advice. You just have to beware of some of the old veterans on here, who can sometimes be pretty harsh. So far I've been able to avoid stepping on their toes, and hopefully I can keep it that way. We would love to have you on here, and I hope you stick around.
Yeah, I was being optimistic even after I wrote the post above, but then I think I just ran into the last nail in the coffin:

This poster ("A'nold") on another thread (http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 8#p2767308) said he tried and tried and couldn't find a job and he was afraid he would spend the summer unemployed. So I tried to help and scavenged for some options and found three legitimate legal jobs via a career website. And I relayed them back to him in hope that he would apply and maybe get a job. Granted, they weren't super prestigious jobs, but one paid $5,000 the summer and the other paid $1,000 per week, and one was unpaid. But I thought something would be better than nothing. Oh hell was I ever wrong.

Then I sent him this message:
Olivio Pastimante wrote:I'll try to look for some more. Do you have a geographic preference? Job type preference?

I'll do what I can to help!

Good luck, A'nold! Something will come through! Don't worry! :P
He responded:
A'nold wrote:How about something a little more worth my time? Maybe like 3-3.5k a week? :wink:
and then:
A'nold wrote:Wtf? Do you know who you are talking to? THE A'nold. Don't come on here bringing your crap 1k a week jobs and then act like I should be grateful. If I was that desperate I'd just go work at Holland & Hart or something. You may go now.
Yeah, this place is filed with arrogant assholes. I'm pretty much done.

FunkyJD

Silver

Post by FunkyJD » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:37 am

beef wellington wrote:This guy is the weirdest flame ever. He showed up in the GULC threads acting like he was all fresh off the boat, claiming GULC had been his top choice until he was informed about its poor "job prospects" (he used quotation marks whenever he mentioned these mythical so-called "job prospects," like he'd never heard of them or considered them before, I thought it was pretty funny). Now he's in here throwing around TTT and FML. Pretty sure he's just a poorly thought out anti-GULC troll.
Some people have too much time to do too many stupid things.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

XxSpyKEx

Gold

Post by XxSpyKEx » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:34 am

Olivio Pastimante wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Olivio, this forum is generally friendly and respectful, so long as you do your homework on what you are talking about and are respectful in return. If you do/say something stupid or rude, you will be in big trouble. You were very respectful, but your whole idea for this thread was very silly, quite frankly.

Yeah, I was being optimistic even after I wrote the post above, but then I think I just ran into the last nail in the coffin:

This poster ("A'nold") on another thread (http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 8#p2767308) said he tried and tried and couldn't find a job and he was afraid he would spend the summer unemployed. So I tried to help and scavenged for some options and found three legitimate legal jobs via a career website. And I relayed them back to him in hope that he would apply and maybe get a job. Granted, they weren't super prestigious jobs, but one paid $5,000 the summer and the other paid $1,000 per week, and one was unpaid. But I thought something would be better than nothing. Oh hell was I ever wrong.

Then I sent him this message:
Olivio Pastimante wrote:I'll try to look for some more. Do you have a geographic preference? Job type preference?

I'll do what I can to help!

Good luck, A'nold! Something will come through! Don't worry! :P
He responded:
A'nold wrote:How about something a little more worth my time? Maybe like 3-3.5k a week? :wink:
and then:
A'nold wrote:Wtf? Do you know who you are talking to? THE A'nold. Don't come on here bringing your crap 1k a week jobs and then act like I should be grateful. If I was that desperate I'd just go work at Holland & Hart or something. You may go now.
Yeah, this place is filed with arrogant assholes. I'm pretty much done.
HAHAHAHAHA.

Corsair

Gold

Post by Corsair » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:38 am

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Legal Employment”