How bad is the California Biglaw market Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How bad is the California Biglaw market

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:45 pm

There have been rumors that Cali (SF in particular) have been hit much harder than any other market. How true is this?

Renzo

Gold

Re: How bad is the California Biglaw market

Post by Renzo » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:24 am

Anonymous posts can get stuffed. I hate this feature.

JohnYuu

New

Post by JohnYuu » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:59 pm

I REALLY, REALLY NEED TO KNOW WHO THE OP IS. I can't stand this, it has been bothering me ALL DAY!!!! GODDAMN YOU OP, YOU VIOLATED THE FORUM RULES!!!! Your post did NOT REVEAL SENSITIVE INFORMATION!

Renzo, keep PATROLLING these forums looking for UNWARRANTED USAGE of the anonymous feature. Compile a list of all the posts and SUSPECTED POSTERS and we will email them to Ken and the Mods. Maybe we can work out patrol shifts to do this more effectively.

miamiman

Silver

Post by miamiman » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:01 pm

JohnYuu wrote:I REALLY, REALLY NEED TO KNOW WHO THE OP IS. I can't stand this, it has been bothering me ALL DAY!!!! GODDAMN YOU OP, YOU VIOLATED THE FORUM RULES!!!! Your post did NOT REVEAL SENSITIVE INFORMATION!

Renzo, keep PATROLLING these forums looking for UNWARRANTED USAGE of the anonymous feature. Compile a list of all the posts and SUSPECTED POSTERS and we will email them to Ken and the Mods. Maybe we can work out patrol shifts to do this more effectively.
lol. seriously who the fuck cares?

Renzo

Gold

Post by Renzo » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:05 pm

Thread successfully derailed.

Moving on...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PigNipple

New

Post by PigNipple » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:08 pm

I have a friend who interned for a firm set on hiring him while at USD. When the recession hit, they just couldn't hire him anymore. He's now left to search for a firm that will hire him based on his experience as an intern. Not sure if that helps, but at least for USD grads this seems to spell trouble.

JohnYuu

New

Post by JohnYuu » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:39 pm

PigNipple wrote:I have a friend who interned for a firm set on hiring him while at USD. When the recession hit, they just couldn't hire him anymore. He's now left to search for a firm that will hire him based on his experience as an intern. Not sure if that helps, but at least for USD grads this seems to spell trouble.
Thank you for your contribution. Finally someone able to get past the anonymity of the OP.

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:59 pm

What about the top LA schools, UCLA or USC? Any news on how biglaw is going for them? I know USC is traditionally a very powerful biglaw school, but haven't heard any news since the recession hit.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:31 pm

Eh, renzo has a point. I am probably the most ultra-un PC and least uptight person you could ever meet, but c'mon, why the anonymous posts when it seriously does not matter? You are less likely to get good responses anyway. Just freaking post under your moniker. Geesh.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”