Depression amongst lawyers rising Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
sundevil77

Bronze

Depression amongst lawyers rising

Post by sundevil77 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:03 pm

Article from the ABA on rising depression amongst lawyers.
http://www.abajournal.com/weekly/articl ... ntitlement

Obviously, losing your job or not having a job coming out of law school would be extremely depressing. I imagine the thousands of dollars of student loans only make the situation more stressful.

I'm trying to decide if stories like this means I definitely should go to a T14 school. Going to a T14 gives me the best shot at landing a good job, whereas going to a lower ranked school could be a crapshoot. On the flip side, this could make me lean even more heavily toward going to a school ranked in the 40s with a full ride scholly. My reasoning is that if I didn't have a job coming out of a T14, I would be facing crushing loans. If I didn't have a job from the lower ranked school, at least I wouldn't be drowning in debt.

...I just don't want to be one of those depressed lawyers.

SteelReserve

Bronze

Re: Depression amongst lawyers rising

Post by SteelReserve » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:33 pm

...I just don't want to be one of those depressed lawyers.
Fair feeling, but don't think it's only the laid-off and unemployed lawyers that are depressed...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”