Graduating in early 30s - too old for big law? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Kulax22

Bronze

Graduating in early 30s - too old for big law?

Post by Kulax22 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:55 pm

I'm curious about this. I would think no, but I haven't got a clue. I'm not necessarily looking to go into biglaw, but I'd like to know if the option is realistic.
EDIT: I'm applying this year... FYI

Tanicius

Gold

Re: Graduating in early 30s - too old for big law?

Post by Tanicius » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:58 pm

Kulax22 wrote:I'm curious about this. I would think no, but I haven't got a clue. I'm not necessarily looking to go into biglaw, but I'd like to know if the option is realistic.
EDIT: I'm applying this year... FYI
Holy shit. I thought of this exact question literally two seconds before I saw this thread. As for an answer, I don't know if your age specifically (early 30's) will make much of a different, but I have to figure that age is something they definitely consider.

Kulax22

Bronze

Post by Kulax22 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:02 pm

I could actually see it as being a good thing, because I'm assuming the average 30 year old is more self-assured and polished than a 25 year old. But, maybe they want workhorses who are easier to mold... :?:

bahama

Bronze

Post by bahama » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:39 pm

You should be fine. If anything work exp (especially in a relevant area) are a plus for biglaw.

Look at the bios of people at big firms. Having several yrs between ug and law school is not unusual.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”