Winners Chosen - TLS Content Competition Forum

Many years ago TLS held a content competition. The competition is no longer active, but this forum keeps going.
Ken

Bronze

Winners Chosen - TLS Content Competition

Post by Ken » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:59 am

I wanted to thank everyone for the exceptional entries, the quality of which exceeded my highest expectations. I will definitely be having a future content competition and anyone who does submit articles anytime can receive between at least $50 and the potential for more, so please keep the great articles coming.

The quality of the articles were so good I had to award two first place ($500) prizes. The prizes awarded are as follows:

1st place - $500 2 awarded
NancyBotwin for the "App Reqs Master List" article which contains a wealth of current information on the JD application requirements, fees, and deadlines for most US law schools, including all of the top 100 law schools.

YCrevolution for three articles; "Guide to the LSAC: Transcripts, GPA, and More" provides an overview of navigating the complexities of the LSAC, while "Guide to Law School Prediction Calculators" and "Brief Timeline for Applying to Law School" touch on other law school-related topics.

2nd place - $250
Arrow for "Advice for Doing Well in Law School (at a T2)" which is an excellent explanation of how to succeed acadmically in law school, and "Advice for Transferring to Another Law School" which is a comprehensive guide on how to approach the law school transfer process.

3rd place - $150
kurla88 for "Making Your Personal Statement Stronger" which offers a thorough yet conversational analysis as well as tips and advice as to what makes for a great personal statement.

Honorable Mention - $100 5 awarded
cendien for "Early Decision and Early Action FAQ's and Information" which explains the nuances, benefits, and costs of early decision and early action admissions accompanied by a list of which US law schools offer EA/ED admission options.

Chuch for "Negotiating Merit Aid" which not only provides a comprehensive guide to securing merit aid from law schools, but is backed up with a dazzling array of graphs and data.

gatorlion for "Environmental Law Preference Rankings V2.1" which offers those applicants interested in studying and pursuing a career in environmental law a closer look at which law schools offer strong environmental law programs.

Splitt3r for "Retaking the LSAT" which delves into the issue of retaking the LSAT and also provides a list of law schools' policies regarding the treatment of multiple LSAT scores in their admissions process.

vanwinkle for "How to write an effective addendum" which provides a framework and examples for just about every type of law school application addendum imaginable.

Everyone else who submitted an article, thank you for your great work and you will be getting $50. Please pm me your name and address so I can start sending the prize money out. If you do not contact me I will reach you but best if you pm me.

Thanks again everyone and there will be future competitions and please feel free to send articles to me anytime for between $50 to $500 worth of prizes ($500 for a very large article or series of articles). Cheers,

Ken

dextermorgan

Silver

Re: Winners Chosen - TLS Content Competition

Post by dextermorgan » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:54 am

Congrats to the winners and thanks to Ken for putting so much effort into this site.

gatorlion

Bronze

Post by gatorlion » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:28 pm

Thanks to Ken and congrats to the other authors!

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:32 pm

Congratulations, all. Thank you for all the useful guides.

laidoffjournalist

Bronze

Post by laidoffjournalist » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:05 pm

Where do we see the winning articles? I just happened upon this post and they sound interesting. Should I find them in the forum here? Are they re-posted on the site somewhere? Sorry if I am not reading a sticky or something that I should!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:53 pm

cendien

Bronze

Post by cendien » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:54 am

Thanks Ken! And congrats to everyone else. Really amazing articles that were produced here.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “TLS Content Competitions”