There are some decent pizza places in Seattle - Zeek's (local chain with multiple locations) is pretty good and A New York Pizza Place (Greenlake/Maple Leaf neighborhood) is better.cdube85 wrote:So, I'm coming up for the visit weekend. I'll be staying down by Pike's Place Market. I figure I'll spend Friday and Monday up by the campus. Any local suggestions for what to do over the weekend? I'm a sucker for a good pizza. Any suggestions?
Places you really ought to hit up for food, though, include:
- Paseo Caribbean in Fremont for lunch. Get the Midnight Cuban Press and find a nice place to sit if the small dining area is full. Come back here and thank me for introducing you to the best sandwich you've ever had.
- Skillet Street Food (moves around, Google it) is outstanding for lunch or early dinner.
- Coastal Kitchen in Capitol Hill is a great seafood place with a rotating menu.
- Crow is perhaps the city's best restaurant. Around $20-25 a plate and not too tough to get a reservation. Menu rotates.
- Sushi Ko in Belltown is good, but (somewhat pricier) Chiso in Fremont is outstanding. The various Blue C Sushi places aren't as good as these but have nice happy hour deals and conveyor-belt fun.
- Beecher's in Pike Market has the best grilled cheese sandwich you can buy.
- Brouwer's in Fremont is a pub with an outstanding beer selection and very good food.
- My friends in town say that Cafe Presse, right near the SU campus, is quite good.
Man, I can't wait to get back.