Wake Forest Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
ruraljuror

New

Re: Wake Forest Class of 2012

Post by ruraljuror » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:44 pm

whenpigsfly wrote:
ruraljuror wrote:Hey everyone! Can anyone tell me when the house hunt is? (I'm hoping early June!)
June 5th and 6th!

--LinkRemoved--
Yay! Thank you, that is completely perfect. I am beginning to think that this was meant to be...

hokieKS

New

Post by hokieKS » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:05 am

tchadwick wrote:
hokieKS wrote:tchadwick--law school AND a baby?! when are you due??
I am due May 4th - it may seem very soon, sometimes, however, it feels like she is never coming. People keep teasing me with stories of babies coming weeks early. Unfair. I am way tired of being preggo, and wish I could just get it over with!!

So any day now! Thats so exciting--congratulations!!! :D

carine44

New

Post by carine44 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:06 am

dkm3313 wrote:I am 100% decided on Wake and found a house with a 3L for only $300/month on the housing web page. I have to share a bathroom, but it's in walking distance to campus and the lease term is flexible. Most of the apartments require a 1 year lease (or you have to pay more for a shorter lease) and since I don't plan to stay during the summer, I don't want to pay for it. You can find someone to sublease, but that is a hassle. Anyway, there are still 2 rooms open in this house if any females are interested. 8)
Hey roomie! I saw this post last week and got in touch with Elise...and I sent the lease and deposit to the property management company on Saturday! I'll pm you :)

So to update for anyone interested: as of last Friday there's still one room available!

ruraljuror

New

Post by ruraljuror » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:01 pm

carine44 wrote:
dkm3313 wrote:I am 100% decided on Wake and found a house with a 3L for only $300/month on the housing web page. I have to share a bathroom, but it's in walking distance to campus and the lease term is flexible. Most of the apartments require a 1 year lease (or you have to pay more for a shorter lease) and since I don't plan to stay during the summer, I don't want to pay for it. You can find someone to sublease, but that is a hassle. Anyway, there are still 2 rooms open in this house if any females are interested. 8)
Hey roomie! I saw this post last week and got in touch with Elise...and I sent the lease and deposit to the property management company on Saturday! I'll pm you :)

So to update for anyone interested: as of last Friday there's still one room available!
Hey there! I might end up living with you girls! I just emailed Elise, and she's going to send me the landlady's information. Are either of you going to the house hunt?

Bobby Kennedy

New

Post by Bobby Kennedy » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:33 pm

Does anybody know anything about the Crowne Club apartments? They look nice but I haven't had the opportunity to check them out myself.... Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

carine44

New

Post by carine44 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:17 pm

ruraljuror wrote:
carine44 wrote:

Hey there! I might end up living with you girls! I just emailed Elise, and she's going to send me the landlady's information. Are either of you going to the house hunt?
Hi! Elise mentioned that another 1L had contacted her -- definitely keep us posted if you confirm!

I am not sure whether I'll be attending the house hunt. I used up a bunch of personal time for my recent wedding and honeymoon so I am hesitant to ask for that Friday off. I heard it's a lot of fun though!

ruraljuror

New

Post by ruraljuror » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:38 pm

carine44 wrote: Hi! Elise mentioned that another 1L had contacted her -- definitely keep us posted if you confirm!
I am not sure whether I'll be attending the house hunt. I used up a bunch of personal time for my recent wedding and honeymoon so I am hesitant to ask for that Friday off. I heard it's a lot of fun though!
I think I just befriended you on facebook, are you from Florida? Not to be creepy, I had just noticed that your profile picture looked like a wedding-type one. As for the room, I'm almost 100% positive, I just want to find out a couple little things from Elise (like would a full size bed fit in the room if I decided I don't really want to revert to a twin, etc) before I confirm! I'm definitely coming out for the house hunt - I didn't visit when I took my school tour, I only looked at the DC and Virginia schools, and I think I better visit before I spend $100K!

Edit: And congrats (on the recent wedding)!

whenpigsfly

New

Post by whenpigsfly » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:57 pm

Bobby Kennedy wrote:Does anybody know anything about the Crowne Club apartments? They look nice but I haven't had the opportunity to check them out myself.... Thanks!
I'd recommend the other Crownes (Oaks, Polo, and Park) over Club. Club is around 15-20 minutes away from the school while the others are less than five. So while Club is a bit cheaper (I think?) it'll probably be worth the few extra bucks to be closer to the school.

But I live in a Crowne now, and highly recommend them!

Bobby Kennedy

New

Post by Bobby Kennedy » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:27 pm

whenpigsfly wrote:
Bobby Kennedy wrote:Does anybody know anything about the Crowne Club apartments? They look nice but I haven't had the opportunity to check them out myself.... Thanks!
I'd recommend the other Crownes (Oaks, Polo, and Park) over Club. Club is around 15-20 minutes away from the school while the others are less than five. So while Club is a bit cheaper (I think?) it'll probably be worth the few extra bucks to be closer to the school.

But I live in a Crowne now, and highly recommend them!
Are the Crowne apartments typically full of undergrads and are they close enough to campus that I wouldn't have to buy a parking pass? Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

whenpigsfly

New

Post by whenpigsfly » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:21 pm

Bobby Kennedy wrote:Are the Crowne apartments typically full of undergrads and are they close enough to campus that I wouldn't have to buy a parking pass? Thanks!
I wouldn't say "full of undergrads." There are some, but I've never had any noise issues. They've taken over the pool in the past week, making it difficult to peacefully read an outline by the pool (unless you wear earplugs, and look like a crazy person like I've been doing!) but I can't really blame them.

I'd say Oaks is within walking distance to the school, but because there are no sidewalks around, I wouldn't really recommend walking it, though some certainly do. But if you don't feel like shelling out the 500 bucks for a parking permit, the school does give out a number of free permits, available on a first-come, first-serve basis, to park at the church across the street, affectionately known as "the God lot." It adds an extra 5 minutes to the walk, but keeps some money in your pocket.

Tave

New

Post by Tave » Mon May 11, 2009 12:53 pm

I'll be at Wake next year. 8)

ruraljuror

New

Post by ruraljuror » Mon May 11, 2009 12:54 pm

Tave wrote:I'll be at Wake next year. 8)
Yay, congats! Are you going to the House Hunt in June?

Tave

New

Post by Tave » Mon May 11, 2009 1:02 pm

I want to but I'm flying to Italy around the same time and don't think I can swing both.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tchadwick

New

Post by tchadwick » Mon May 11, 2009 2:02 pm

Tave wrote:I want to but I'm flying to Italy around the same time and don't think I can swing both.
Awesome! I'm so jealous. I went last summer, and now that it's that time of year again, I've been very wistful.... Where are you going? How long will you get to stay??

ruraljuror

New

Post by ruraljuror » Mon May 11, 2009 2:51 pm

Just booked my ticket for the House Hunt, I'm so excited to meet everyone!

taylorn

New

Post by taylorn » Tue May 12, 2009 9:23 am

I already signed up for an apartment at Crowne Polo, but I still think I might go to the House Hunt just to hang out and meet everyone.

jackrabbitjones

New

Post by jackrabbitjones » Tue May 12, 2009 11:03 pm

I'm going to be in Winston-Salem/Wake Forest/North Carolina next week to take a look around. Anybody else?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

LSATfromNC

Silver

Post by LSATfromNC » Wed May 13, 2009 9:03 am

I'm having second thoughts about attending. Paying sticker at a private school to become an ADA is increasingly looking like a bad idea. Any care to share their opinion on paying sticker if you intend to go into PI? I'll make my final decision after the June LSAT.

taylorn

New

Post by taylorn » Wed May 13, 2009 11:39 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:I'm having second thoughts about attending. Paying sticker at a private school to become an ADA is increasingly looking like a bad idea. Any care to share their opinion on paying sticker if you intend to go into PI? I'll make my final decision after the June LSAT.
I am paying Sticker.

What are your other options?

LSATfromNC

Silver

Post by LSATfromNC » Thu May 14, 2009 8:22 am

taylorn wrote:
LSATfromNC wrote:I'm having second thoughts about attending. Paying sticker at a private school to become an ADA is increasingly looking like a bad idea. Any care to share their opinion on paying sticker if you intend to go into PI? I'll make my final decision after the June LSAT.
I am paying Sticker.

Yesterday my option was to wait another year plus retake in June. The yellow ribbon program list will not be out until summer and essentially vets get a free ride at participating schools. Wake is not participating. However Penn State just emailed me stating they are participating in the yellow ribbon program and offered my seat back, a free ride.

taylorn

New

Post by taylorn » Thu May 14, 2009 1:52 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:
taylorn wrote:
I am paying Sticker.

Yesterday my option was to wait another year plus retake in June. The yellow ribbon program list will not be out until summer and essentially vets get a free ride at participating schools. Wake is not participating. However Penn State just emailed me stating they are participating in the yellow ribbon program and offered my seat back, a free ride.
Well if you can afford to wait it out another year you might as well give it a shot. Just my opinion though.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dooey139

New

Post by dooey139 » Fri May 15, 2009 9:00 pm

Haven't checked this out in a while. Excited to hear about everyone who is coming this fall! If the 1Lers are still checking this, I am in a bind at the present. I am trying to decide whether or not to do either the crowne apartments or renting a house near the school. Is the fact that a bunch of law students live in the crowne complexes a drawing point for them? I am somewhat worried about being away from "the action" so-to-speak if I choose to live in a house. Thanks!

taylorn

New

Post by taylorn » Sat May 16, 2009 1:16 pm

dooey139 wrote:Haven't checked this out in a while. Excited to hear about everyone who is coming this fall! If the 1Lers are still checking this, I am in a bind at the present. I am trying to decide whether or not to do either the crowne apartments or renting a house near the school. Is the fact that a bunch of law students live in the crowne complexes a drawing point for them? I am somewhat worried about being away from "the action" so-to-speak if I choose to live in a house. Thanks!
I chose the crowne apartments over trying to rent a house.

Bobby Kennedy

New

Post by Bobby Kennedy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:58 am

Hey guys, everyone's class schedule is up! Go check it out in WIN. I'm in section 2.
Last edited by Bobby Kennedy on Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

katiebth

New

Post by katiebth » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:57 am

I'm in 2 as well.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”