St. John's Class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
Locked
User avatar
starlight007

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:16 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by starlight007 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:07 pm

casper00 wrote:
iamlife1001 wrote:
MrSoOoFLy wrote:UG can't be that bad if SJL is a safety and last resort
Correlation =/= causation
It is the second time I've seen you tout the fact that sjl is your safety to people who are happy to go there. This says nothing about sjl or sj ug, and just shows you to be a sad prick.
Lastly, don't your #s alone make sjl a reach for you
I don't understand why someone would shell out the cash for SJ UG when Queens College a few minutes away is just as good (if not better) and costs maybe 1/10 as much, if even.
Yes QC is cheaper, but maybe, no offense to anyone but for some students and parents, showing off a cuny degree isn't the coolest thing in the box. (unless it's Hunter)

casper00

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:12 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by casper00 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:16 pm

starlight007 wrote:
Yes QC is cheaper, but maybe, no offense to anyone but for some students and parents, showing off a cuny degree isn't the coolest thing in the box. (unless it's Hunter)
While I agree that a CUNY degree isn't "the coolest thing in the box," Queens and Baruch are much better schools than Hunter, so :?: Either way, point remains - no reason to go to SJU undergrad. /end stealing thread

User avatar
MrSoOoFLy

Bronze
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:36 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by MrSoOoFLy » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:25 pm

casper00 wrote:
starlight007 wrote:
Yes QC is cheaper, but maybe, no offense to anyone but for some students and parents, showing off a cuny degree isn't the coolest thing in the box. (unless it's Hunter)
While I agree that a CUNY degree isn't "the coolest thing in the box," Queens and Baruch are much better schools than Hunter, so :?: Either way, point remains - no reason to go to SJU undergrad. /end stealing thread
Eh my cousin and I had this discussion. Queens College v. SJU [he graduated from QC]

I went to SJU because it was convenient, I liked the courses they offered and I just thought University sounded better than College [also I got several scholarships so I really don't pay much at all].

SJU is a nice school I just think its campus is overrated. Maybe it's because I go there and have witnessed the constant construction over the previous 2 years.

FWIW I think QC has a nicer campus.

User avatar
starlight007

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:16 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by starlight007 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:30 pm

casper00 wrote:
starlight007 wrote:
Yes QC is cheaper, but maybe, no offense to anyone but for some students and parents, showing off a cuny degree isn't the coolest thing in the box. (unless it's Hunter)
While I agree that a CUNY degree isn't "the coolest thing in the box," Queens and Baruch are much better schools than Hunter, so :?: Either way, point remains - no reason to go to SJU undergrad. /end stealing thread
I'm just saying Hunter right now because it's on the rise. However, "some" CUNY schools are good without a
doubt. But there is a certain kind of stigma attached to the whole CUNY vs. Private NYC University.

/end

back to SJU 2012 congrats & GL!

User avatar
jewtangclan03

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:08 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by jewtangclan03 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:11 pm

St John's is on my very short list. Looking forward to seeing you guys at the ASD!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


User avatar
VictoryFord

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:19 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by VictoryFord » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:20 pm

Dark Prince wrote:Have you ever tried getting from Brooklyn to Jamaica Estates? Good luck with that...
everyday...
casper00 wrote: While I agree that a CUNY degree isn't "the coolest thing in the box," Queens and Baruch are much better schools than Hunter, so :?: Either way, point remains - no reason to go to SJU undergrad. /end stealing thread
i disagree. i'd much rather be at sju than queens. not at full price. but price being equal i don't think there really is any competition. plus, does anyone pay full price at st. john's undergrad anyway?

Dark Prince

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by Dark Prince » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:18 pm

Does it really matter anymore whether St. John's or Queens College is better for UNDERGRAD... I thought we were discussing St. John's LAW SCHOOL here.

bobothecat

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:06 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by bobothecat » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:38 am

I'm still waiting for my acceptance package to arrive--does anyone know when the ASD is scheduled for? Thanks!

User avatar
Anhimal

New
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by Anhimal » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:41 am

bobothecat wrote:I'm still waiting for my acceptance package to arrive--does anyone know when the ASD is scheduled for? Thanks!
I think it was last week on the 20th

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


bobothecat

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:06 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by bobothecat » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:48 am

Anhimal wrote:
bobothecat wrote:I'm still waiting for my acceptance package to arrive--does anyone know when the ASD is scheduled for? Thanks!
I think it was last week on the 20th
:(
Thank you!!

User avatar
MrSoOoFLy

Bronze
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:36 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by MrSoOoFLy » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:53 am

Edit: Posted Undergrad info by mistake
Last edited by MrSoOoFLy on Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dark Prince

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by Dark Prince » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:59 pm

ASD for Law students is on March 28 (this upcoming Saturday) from 9.30-2.

SoFly posted the ASD for UNDERGRAD students.

User avatar
MrSoOoFLy

Bronze
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:36 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by MrSoOoFLy » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:34 pm

Dark Prince wrote:ASD for Law students is on March 28 (this upcoming Saturday) from 9.30-2.

SoFly posted the ASD for UNDERGRAD students.
You are right sir.
My bad didn't even realize it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


bobothecat

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:06 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by bobothecat » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:21 pm

Dark Prince wrote:ASD for Law students is on March 28 (this upcoming Saturday) from 9.30-2.

SoFly posted the ASD for UNDERGRAD students.
Thank you!

Dark Prince

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by Dark Prince » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:46 pm

No problem. I look forward to seeing you guys there. :P

User avatar
olympia1000

New
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by olympia1000 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:12 pm

So who will be joining me in August?!?!
Can't wait to meet you all!

Dark Prince

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by Dark Prince » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:13 am

I'll definitely be there in August. Sent in my deposit last week. :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


User avatar
olympia1000

New
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by olympia1000 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:38 pm

Dark Prince wrote:I'll definitely be there in August. Sent in my deposit last week. :)
Are you from the Ny area or moving in?

User avatar
mickyg28

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by mickyg28 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:45 pm

I hope I can join you guys as well. Still waiting on a decision....

olesya154

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:09 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by olesya154 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:53 pm

mickyg28 wrote:I hope I can join you guys as well. Still waiting on a decision....
So am I :(

Dark Prince

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by Dark Prince » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:53 pm

NYC. I live in Forest Hills.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


User avatar
olympia1000

New
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by olympia1000 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:57 pm

olesya154 wrote:
mickyg28 wrote:I hope I can join you guys as well. Still waiting on a decision....
So am I :(
I'm sure you guys will here soon as soon as they have an idea who puts down deposits on the first.
Dark Prince wrote:NYC. I live in Forest Hills.
Nice, I'm in Brooklyn. I love FH, and its proximity to SJU, but my apt is such a steal I hate to move.

roomserviceband

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:22 am

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by roomserviceband » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:08 pm

hey, i know this is the wrong forum for this question, but since you guys are experts on the school, does st. johns offer any need based aid? thanks

olesya154

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:09 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by olesya154 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:21 pm

roomserviceband wrote:hey, i know this is the wrong forum for this question, but since you guys are experts on the school, does st. johns offer any need based aid? thanks
I am pretty sure that they will tell you to file FAFSA for any need-based aid.

User avatar
VictoryFord

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:19 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by VictoryFord » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:34 am

olympia1000 wrote:
olesya154 wrote:
mickyg28 wrote:I hope I can join you guys as well. Still waiting on a decision....
So am I :(
I'm sure you guys will here soon as soon as they have an idea who puts down deposits on the first.
Dark Prince wrote:NYC. I live in Forest Hills.
Nice, I'm in Brooklyn. I love FH, and its proximity to SJU, but my apt is such a steal I hate to move.
where in brooklyn playa?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Locked

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”