THE Boston College class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
tvaddicted

Bronze

Re: THE Boston College class of 2012

Post by tvaddicted » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:48 pm

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote:just renegotiated and weaseled an extra $5k a year. bc's looking like a sure thing at this point...
congrats, i am thinking abt negotiating too...who do i contact/what is their email address?

galahad85

Bronze

Post by galahad85 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:51 pm

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote:just renegotiated and weaseled an extra $5k a year. bc's looking like a sure thing at this point...
I was under the impression that BC was one of those schools that don't negotiate. Damn... I'd better give this a shot before the deadline rolls up.

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF

Bronze

Post by SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:19 pm

tvaddicted wrote:
congrats, i am thinking abt negotiating too...who do i contact/what is their email address?
i called the office of admissions

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF

Bronze

Post by SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:29 am

handing in my deposit today :?

matty

Bronze

Post by matty » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:49 pm

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote:handing in my deposit today :?
why so :? about it?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF

Bronze

Post by SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:13 pm

matty wrote:
i keep flip flopping between whether im happy for a new start or im depressed about leaving home (nyc). if it was a city i liked (LA, miami, chicago) itd be different but im sorta eh about beantown

EDIT: i need a roomate too. anyone interested?

HesperusPhosphorus

New

Post by HesperusPhosphorus » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:55 pm

Submitted my seat deposit today. I will be paying sticker... :?

tvaddicted

Bronze

Post by tvaddicted » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:06 pm

Also submitted my seat deposit today, and my appeal for more money was denied.

jaudette

New

Post by jaudette » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:55 pm

Also submitted it today. That was a fun check. I wonder where rent it coming from next month...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

matty

Bronze

Post by matty » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:17 am

Asked for more money and after a kind of awkward negotiation where I was initially denied, they relented and made me an offer I couldn't refuse (thanks Kimberly!) BC wasn't my initial plan (wasn't even in the picture) but oh well... something recently made me realize how lucky I am and now I'm really excited, can't wait

etudiantededroit

New

Post by etudiantededroit » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:10 am

I sent in my check, too, and am getting excited!

IceAero

New

Post by IceAero » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:30 am

sent my check in...

ugh, I really need to ask (beg?) for some $ though. I'm freaking out a bit =x

HesperusPhosphorus

New

Post by HesperusPhosphorus » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:50 am

My request for financial aid in the form of grants/scholarships has been rejected. Medianish for GPA and LSAT.

Is BC unpredictable/ungenerous with aid? i understand why I wouldn't get much aid, but I have a friend with a 3.4 169 who was similarly denied.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

asmallchild

New

Post by asmallchild » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:41 pm

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote:
matty wrote:
i keep flip flopping between whether im happy for a new start or im depressed about leaving home (nyc). if it was a city i liked (LA, miami, chicago) itd be different but im sorta eh about beantown

I'm with you. Depressed about leaving NYC especially for cold boston. Although housing pricing be similar in term of 1 BR apartments. No roomies, I had too many lunatic roommates in college. I went through 5 in 4 years. Yeah 5. Okay so maybe the problem might have been me :lol:

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF

Bronze

Post by SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:33 am

asmallchild wrote:
SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote:
matty wrote:

I'm with you. Depressed about leaving NYC especially for cold boston. Although housing pricing be similar in term of 1 BR apartments. No roomies, I had too many lunatic roommates in college. I went through 5 in 4 years. Yeah 5. Okay so maybe the problem might have been me :lol:
have you ever lived alone? i thought about it and i think id be lonely

asmallchild

New

Post by asmallchild » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:13 am

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote: have you ever lived alone? i thought about it and i think id be lonely
this is the decision im flipflopping on. i've never lived alone and i guess it can be quite lonely. at the same time, some of my roommates have caused me a lot of headaches. you've had perfect roommates thruout school?

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF

Bronze

Post by SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:40 pm

asmallchild wrote:
SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote: have you ever lived alone? i thought about it and i think id be lonely
this is the decision im flipflopping on. i've never lived alone and i guess it can be quite lonely. at the same time, some of my roommates have caused me a lot of headaches. you've had perfect roommates thruout school?
ive had some bad roomates but nothing id consider a nightmare. im really easy-going though

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

asmallchild

New

Post by asmallchild » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:18 pm

mickeymousewatch wrote:Nd's n bc's employment prospects seem comparable in terms of big law. But I'm from nj/ny so the fact that nd is in indiana isnt too appealing to me personally even tho its a great school. I have yet to visit either tho (I got accepted to both of them on the same day yesterday). Nd gave me 14k... Hoping bc will give me some money too. In my mind at this pt I feel like their reputations n quality r similar. So I'm taking geography more heavily into account. Someone plz correct me if my line of thinking is way off. Also sorry for the grammar. Typing from a bb n not revising
Do most of yall know what you're going into? My head is still spinning with regards with which direction to pursue

matty

Bronze

Post by matty » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:30 pm

asmallchild wrote:
mickeymousewatch wrote:Nd's n bc's employment prospects seem comparable in terms of big law. But I'm from nj/ny so the fact that nd is in indiana isnt too appealing to me personally even tho its a great school. I have yet to visit either tho (I got accepted to both of them on the same day yesterday). Nd gave me 14k... Hoping bc will give me some money too. In my mind at this pt I feel like their reputations n quality r similar. So I'm taking geography more heavily into account. Someone plz correct me if my line of thinking is way off. Also sorry for the grammar. Typing from a bb n not revising
Do most of yall know what you're going into? My head is still spinning with regards with which direction to pursue
In their respective regions, yeah, there's not going to be any substantial difference in how they place. In fact, in their respective primary markets BC will fare better than ND (which is to say, BC will place better in Boston than ND will in Chicago). Now, in terms of national reach, neither is very strong but ND might fare a little better than BC because of its name and alumni network. I know ND has the name and the higher ranking, but its really not enough to give it any clear advantage over BC imo. FWIW, I picked BC over ND because of its location and additional scholarship money. If you want to work in the midwest, go to ND. If you want to work on the East Coast, go to BC. If you don't know, or if your goal is a place like NYC where either school could get you there assuming you have the (very good) grades, then just go with your personal preference.

matty

Bronze

Post by matty » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:04 pm

so how are people going about finding housing. Any tips? I haven't found the BC housing site very useful. Are people planning on going to the housing fair to find housing/roommates?

como

Silver

Post by como » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:08 pm

I wish I was going to BC so I could kick it to kiwislug.

Also, I could continue my three-way bromance with theskippa and Amplified...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mickeymousewatch

New

Post by mickeymousewatch » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:12 pm

asmallchild wrote:
SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote:
matty wrote:

same here. really not thrilled about leaving NYC. spaceman, i feel the same way about beantown.. aka collegetown.. aka city-that-shuts-down-at-8pm.

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF

Bronze

Post by SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:00 am

matty wrote:so how are people going about finding housing. Any tips? I haven't found the BC housing site very useful. Are people planning on going to the housing fair to find housing/roommates?
hey did you guys get emails about this housing fair or something? i havent heard a thing except on tls...

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF

Bronze

Post by SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:01 am

mickeymousewatch wrote: same here. really not thrilled about leaving NYC. spaceman, i feel the same way about beantown.. aka collegetown.. aka city-that-shuts-down-at-8pm.
haha you guys arent really making me feel any better about this...

theskippa10

Bronze

Post by theskippa10 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:36 am

I live 10 min south of boston, and i love the place. You'll be fine. theres tons of stuff to do , and it doesn't shut down at 8pm like some people think it does.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”