W&M Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
lethe405

New

Re: W&M Class of 2012

Post by lethe405 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:19 pm

texas08 wrote:So, now that we are a mere week away from most seat deposit deadlines (although for us just the statement of intention) who is in for W&M? I sent in my Statement of Intention and some scholly forms that were due by 4/15 this week! It felt really good :D .
I'll officially be at W&M in the fall! I just sent in my Statement of Intention.

braun223

New

Post by braun223 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:36 pm

I sent in my acceptance of the GRF but on the statement of intent page i but don't know yet.

texas08

New

Post by texas08 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:20 am

wow, I know W&M is small, but TLS kind of makes it seem like we will have a class of 6 people :D

soxfan08

New

Post by soxfan08 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:24 am

Add me to the list. I sent in my deposit last week immediately following a nice little scholarship increase. Can't wait to start in August. I've been impressed with everything about the school so far.

braun223

New

Post by braun223 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:25 am

texas08 wrote:wow, I know W&M is small, but TLS kind of makes it seem like we will have a class of 6 people :D
I can't cite this, but I someone on a different thread calculated that LSN is something like 10-15% of all applicants. So, you may be able to make some sort of judgement on TLS based on that. Obviously take it with a grain of salt.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SmartCookie

New

Post by SmartCookie » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:41 pm

braun223 wrote:wow, I know W&M is small, but TLS kind of makes it seem like we will have a class of 6 people :D
I agree... I've been wondering why W&M Class of 2012 has been so quiet! I know TLS is only a small % of the total class, but c'mon -- W&L's class thread has 4 pages of comments and there are literally like 100 people in that class!

I'm getting the impression that W&M is a safety for a lot of people on T14 waitlists... so I'm thinking the class numbers may increase as the summer rolls around and people give up on WLs. I could be wrong though... thoughts?!

Avocat Blanc

New

Post by Avocat Blanc » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:11 am

Officially going. Statement of Intention, and Seat Deposit in on Friday. Anyone else looking at moving to Williamsburg early and getting settled into the area before August?

thejules

New

Post by thejules » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:23 pm

I'm only on the waitlist, but I attended W&M for undergrad and still live here (at least for the next month or two!), so if anyone has any questions, I'd be glad to answer them!

texas08

New

Post by texas08 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:59 pm

Avocat Blanc wrote:Officially going. Statement of Intention, and Seat Deposit in on Friday. Anyone else looking at moving to Williamsburg early and getting settled into the area before August?
I'm probably going to move in a little early, but likely just towards the beginning of August. That would still give me over two weeks to settle in; anymore than that and I might die of boredom (I get restless very easily).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

braun223

New

Post by braun223 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:34 am

It's been a bit slow in here... Anyone still deciding whether or not to send in the deposit? I will probably be sending mine in but still waiting to hear from some waitlists.

lethe405

New

Post by lethe405 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:53 pm

Avocat Blanc wrote:Officially going. Statement of Intention, and Seat Deposit in on Friday. Anyone else looking at moving to Williamsburg early and getting settled into the area before August?
I'm debating whether to move in at the beginning of August or stay at my job until the last possible moment.
Last edited by lethe405 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

dark

New

Post by dark » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:30 pm

I'm going to be there. (Unless I get off some waitlists) I really like the school and the area. I'm waiting a few more days before sending in the money for the seat deposit, but then I'll join the facebook group and see what thats all about.

SmartCookie

New

Post by SmartCookie » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:54 am

Has anyone joined the Facebook group yet? I'm sending in my deposit this week, but I was curious if there was anything interesting on the FB page.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lethe405

New

Post by lethe405 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:08 pm

SmartCookie wrote:Has anyone joined the Facebook group yet? I'm sending in my deposit this week, but I was curious if there was anything interesting on the FB page.
I joined the Facebook group today. I didn't see anything especially interesting (mostly housing questions and existing students introducing themselves).

texas08

New

Post by texas08 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:37 pm

SmartCookie wrote:Has anyone joined the Facebook group yet? I'm sending in my deposit this week, but I was curious if there was anything interesting on the FB page.
I have to say, I was a little sad that you can't join until you pay a deposit. I should be sending mine in today or tomorrow though :D .

In other news, I'm officially withdrawn and/or rejected from every school I applied to (well other than Fordham :evil: ) so I will definitely be headed to Williamsburg in August. I already asked this on Fly's thread, but what is everyone doing about housing? I don't know that I will be able to visit before move in time and I have no idea whether I want to go it alone or find some roomates. In fact, the only thing I really HAVE decided is to not do the On-Campus thing (except maybe as a last resort).

alethe16

New

Post by alethe16 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:41 pm

Deposit was sent in this morning. I'll be moving for August 1st, which will enough time to get settled before classes start.

galahad85

Bronze

Post by galahad85 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:20 pm

texas08 wrote:
I have to say, I was a little sad that you can't join until you pay a deposit. I should be sending mine in today or tomorrow though :D .

In other news, I'm officially withdrawn and/or rejected from every school I applied to (well other than Fordham :evil: ) so I will definitely be headed to Williamsburg in August. I already asked this on Fly's thread, but what is everyone doing about housing? I don't know that I will be able to visit before move in time and I have no idea whether I want to go it alone or find some roomates. In fact, the only thing I really HAVE decided is to not do the On-Campus thing (except maybe as a last resort).
What's so bad about their on-campus housing? That's actually what I was planning on doing.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

braun223

New

Post by braun223 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:31 pm

Galahad - didn't I see that you deposited at GW?

galahad85

Bronze

Post by galahad85 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:40 pm

braun223 wrote:Galahad - didn't I see that you deposited at GW?
Yes, but I chose the "maybe" option on W&M's statement of intention form, so I have until 5/1 to decide between the two. It's still a very real possibility for me.

Avocat Blanc

New

Post by Avocat Blanc » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:53 pm

galahad85 wrote:
braun223 wrote:Galahad - didn't I see that you deposited at GW?
Yes, but I chose the "maybe" option on W&M's statement of intention form, so I have until 5/1 to decide between the two. It's still a very real possibility for me.
When I saw that option I couldn't help but wonder if students would wait for the new rankings to make their decision. (not that you did) Still it's interesting your decision is now between tied schools. I may just be bitter though, GW wait-listed me.... karma thy name is rankings :o

texas08

New

Post by texas08 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:29 pm

galahad85 wrote:What's so bad about their on-campus housing? That's actually what I was planning on doing.
haha, I left out the most important part. I swore an oath to myself to never ever again sleep on an xl-twin bed. :mrgreen: (or a full for that matter, why are they so dang short?)
galahad85 wrote:Yes, but I chose the "maybe" option on W&M's statement of intention form, so I have until 5/1 to decide between the two. It's still a very real possibility for me.
You know you want W&M... I was waitlisted at GW, and was thinking about staying on it because I really would have liked to be in DC, but with the drop in rankings and the cost being nearly double, I withdrew.
Avocat Blanc wrote:When I saw that option I couldn't help but wonder if students would wait for the new rankings to make their decision. (not that you did) Still it's interesting your decision is now between tied schools. I may just be bitter though, GW wait-listed me.... karma thy name is rankings
This is exactly what I thought when I saw the new rankings :wink:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

galahad85

Bronze

Post by galahad85 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:35 pm

texas08 wrote:
galahad85 wrote:What's so bad about their on-campus housing? That's actually what I was planning on doing.
haha, I left out the most important part. I swore an oath to myself to never ever again sleep on an xl-twin bed. :mrgreen: (or a full for that matter, why are they so dang short?)
Ah, fair enough. Well, as long as they're not dorm-style bunk beds, I think I can deal with it. :P
You know you want W&M... I was waitlisted at GW, and was thinking about staying on it because I really would have liked to be in DC, but with the drop in rankings and the cost being nearly double, I withdrew.
W&M would only be slightly less expensive for me, so the decision is a bit tougher. Still, I really do prefer W&M as a school (size, atmosphere, etc.)... Or at least I think I do; I haven't visited, so it's hard to be sure, lol. I notice that you missed ASW too. Did you at least get to visit at some other point?

texas08

New

Post by texas08 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:52 pm

galahad85 wrote: I notice that you missed ASW too. Did you at least get to visit at some other point?
Sadly, no. However, my undergrad has a pretty big pre-law program and our advisor was able to hook me up with a former student who is a 2L at W&M. Honestly that was really helpful, mutual points for comparison and all that jazz. While I don't love the idea of going to a school I've never seen, I didn't have much of a choice (I graduated in December and am working full time + I have no $ :D ) and I've done it before so hopefully it will work out. I would have really liked to be in a bigger city, in fact W&M was the only school I applied to that wasn't UT or in NYC or DC but ultimately cost was a huge factor.
galahad85 wrote:Ah, fair enough. Well, as long as they're not dorm-style bunk beds, I think I can deal with it.
Ugh, sharing bedrooms... another thing I will never ever do again unless it's with an SO. Luckily, at least in most grad schools, you are considered old enough to have your very own bedroom :lol: .

braun223

New

Post by braun223 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:01 pm

Just sent in my seat deposit. 500 big ones....

guypal

New

Post by guypal » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:44 pm

stupid question, but..
can we make a seat deposit online (after filling out the statement intention prompt), or do we have to physically send in the check?
Last edited by guypal on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”