NOTRE DAME CLASS OF 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
zonkadonk

New

Re: NOTRE DAME CLASS OF 2012

Post by zonkadonk » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:31 pm

z
Last edited by zonkadonk on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

udlordly

New

Post by udlordly » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:20 pm

gators, how'd you do that. I asked multiple times for more $$, citing higher scholarship offers at comparable institutions, but they said the coffers were empty.

kholmha

New

Post by kholmha » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:50 pm

udlordly wrote:gators, how'd you do that. I asked multiple times for more $$, citing higher scholarship offers at comparable institutions, but they said the coffers were empty.
lsat retake?

Richie Tenenbaum

Gold

Post by Richie Tenenbaum » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:55 pm

udlordly wrote:gators, how'd you do that. I asked multiple times for more $$, citing higher scholarship offers at comparable institutions, but they said the coffers were empty.
I refilled their coffers a small amount when I withdrew last week.

gogators

Bronze

Post by gogators » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:45 pm

Well, not mentioning too many details, I basically got off the WL at a peer school who offered me an outrageous scholarship. In turn, I told ND about it and asked if they could help make my decision a little easier and Melissa and the ND admissions people came through for me.

On an additional note, did any of you know that the incredibly nice British secretary who always answers the phones retired a week ago???

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

zonkadonk

New

Post by zonkadonk » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:17 am

what!? she was the best! honest to god, she was a selling point for my SO. she's gonna be upset.

malagueno

New

Post by malagueno » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:19 am

gogators wrote: On an additional note, did any of you know that the incredibly nice British secretary who always answers the phones retired a week ago???
No way! My wife was already planning weekly visits to her office! She was the best! The admissions office will never be the same.

kholmha

New

Post by kholmha » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:18 pm

gogators wrote:Well, not mentioning too many details, I basically got off the WL at a peer school who offered me an outrageous scholarship. In turn, I told ND about it and asked if they could help make my decision a little easier and Melissa and the ND admissions people came through for me.

On an additional note, did any of you know that the incredibly nice British secretary who always answers the phones retired a week ago???
:( i thought she was irish

chadwick218

Silver

Post by chadwick218 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:48 pm

I made the same requests under similar circumstances, but was politely denied each and every time. In all sincerity, I wouldn't have taken much for me to land in South Bend over Chicago.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

zonkadonk

New

Post by zonkadonk » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:42 pm

chadwick, call em one last time! because, honestly, I think a USC fan trying to cheer on the wildcats, even in jest, might experience potentially fatal shock :)

chadwick218

Silver

Post by chadwick218 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:55 pm

zonkadonk wrote:chadwick, call em one last time! because, honestly, I think a USC fan trying to cheer on the wildcats, even in jest, might experience potentially fatal shock :)
I know ... I was actually at the Alamo Bowl this year where Missouri played Northwestern. And to think that game will in all likelihood represent the pinnacle of Wildcat football ...

As for Notre Dame, I withdrew. I did speak with Heather over the phone and probably could have pressed a little harder. I really wasn't prepared for the phone call and would have been in a much better position if I had an exact dollar number in mind.

Even so, I walk away from this cycle holding ND in the highest regards. Without question, I was more impressed by Notre Dame's admissions office than any other school where I applied.

dantimreynolds

New

Post by dantimreynolds » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:06 am

malagueno wrote:
gogators wrote: On an additional note, did any of you know that the incredibly nice British secretary who always answers the phones retired a week ago???
No way! My wife was already planning weekly visits to her office! She was the best! The admissions office will never be the same.
That sucks! She was awesome. I was waiting for an hour for an interview and we just talked.

atylwr

New

Post by atylwr » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:26 pm

Does anyone living on campus get meal plans?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Cal4future

New

Post by Cal4future » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:28 pm

Last edited by Cal4future on Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eponinee

New

Post by Eponinee » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:42 pm

atylwr wrote:Does anyone living on campus get meal plans?
I'm getting a meal plan because I probably won't have a car. Meal plans aren't cheap, but they are convenient and I heard the food is excellent!

gogators

Bronze

Post by gogators » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:09 pm

Eponinee wrote:
I'm getting a meal plan because I probably won't have a car. Meal plans aren't cheap, but they are convenient and I heard the food is excellent!
I'm still debating this one...

zonkadonk

New

Post by zonkadonk » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:25 pm

i'm putting it off, but I bet two weeks into school I crack at get one. especially if a bunch of people end up having them.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

atylwr

New

Post by atylwr » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:44 am

It seems that getting a meal plan would be a lot easier; does anyone have any recommendations about specific plans?

edgarderby

Bronze

Post by edgarderby » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:52 am

Eponinee wrote:

I don't know anyone that does this, and it's really not all that convenient considering I never walked by a dining hall unless I was going there to get my ID made.

Might want to wait, go there and pay a few times (I think you can do this, but I forget...I know you can at least get a really cheap one), and if it's really that convenient, buy one.

EDIT:

Martin's, the closest grocery store, is nearly if not the same distance from Fischer as from the dining halls. Also, the free notre dame shuttle goes from Fischer to martin's every 15 or 30 minutes. Given the convenience of having food at home, and the cost savings, and the ease of getting there as opposed to walking a mile in 5 feet of snow every time you want to eat a meal, I would have to advise just going to martin's.
Last edited by edgarderby on Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

edgarderby

Bronze

Post by edgarderby » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:53 am

I'm planning a summer ND meetup for admitted students for the Dayton/Cincinnati area. If any of you are within driving distance of that, and want to meet some TLS legends, send me a PM.

Smoyf

New

Post by Smoyf » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:36 pm

edgarderby wrote: I don't know anyone that does this, and it's really not all that convenient considering I never walked by a dining hall unless I was going there to get my ID made.

Might want to wait, go there and pay a few times (I think you can do this, but I forget...I know you can at least get a really cheap one), and if it's really that convenient, buy one.

EDIT:

Martin's, the closest grocery store, is nearly if not the same distance from Fischer as from the dining halls. Also, the free notre dame shuttle goes from Fischer to martin's every 15 or 30 minutes. Given the convenience of having food at home, and the cost savings, and the ease of getting there as opposed to walking a mile in 5 feet of snow every time you want to eat a meal, I would have to advise just going to martin's.
I won't have a car either and was considering a meal plan, but I had no idea of a shuttle that goes to the nearby grocery store! Thanks for the info!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

edgarderby

Bronze

Post by edgarderby » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:08 pm

Smoyf wrote:
edgarderby wrote: I don't know anyone that does this, and it's really not all that convenient considering I never walked by a dining hall unless I was going there to get my ID made.

EDIT:

I won't have a car either and was considering a meal plan, but I had no idea of a shuttle that goes to the nearby grocery store! Thanks for the info!
All the buses are free with a ND ID too.

http://www.sbtranspo.com

zonkadonk

New

Post by zonkadonk » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:35 pm

hey guys, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in setting up a fantasy football league for members of our class. fantasy has to be one of my favorite distractions from schoolwork, and the draft is always a great excuse to buy a keg on a weeknight. I also posted on the facebook group for our class about this, so lemme know either way.

kholmha

New

Post by kholmha » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:53 pm

What: 1Luau
When: August 22nd
Where: 52998 Marks St.
Why: Libations. Limbo.
How: Check facebook group or PM me for more information.

savetheturtles

New

Post by savetheturtles » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:41 pm

luggage tags!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”