Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Memories Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
dml

New

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Post by dml » Thu May 28, 2009 4:26 pm

broach911 wrote:Has anyone sent their two passport sized pictures to the student affair's office yet? It says to do it by June 1st but I've been really lazy with that.
Something tells me they're going to be pretty lax with the administrative deadlines. Thanks for the reminder though.

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Thu May 28, 2009 4:56 pm

dml wrote:
broach911 wrote:Has anyone sent their two passport sized pictures to the student affair's office yet? It says to do it by June 1st but I've been really lazy with that.
Something tells me they're going to be pretty lax with the administrative deadlines. Thanks for the reminder though.
yep did that before i left the country!

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Thu May 28, 2009 5:03 pm

dml wrote:
I sent my second deposit out yesterday and the photos today. Does anyone know when the online facebook goes up and we get our ID card?

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Thu May 28, 2009 5:04 pm

I called them about this and they said the passport photos have to be received by June 30.

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Thu May 28, 2009 7:55 pm

silenziatori wrote:I called them about this and they said the passport photos have to be received by June 30.
Phew. I completely forgot about that deadline...

And other deadlines that aren't too far away (figured I return the favor):

June 1: 2nd deposit ($600)
July 6: Registration materials
August 1: Final transcript from your undergrad institution
August 24: Immunizations form (which must be signed by your physician) sent to Health Services in the Bronx.

On-campus housing selection has already begun. I've also gotten an email about the new subsidized housing on 58th St. between 6th and 7th (95% sure that's the cross street).

Feel free to add/correct.
Last edited by the fledgling on Thu May 28, 2009 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu May 28, 2009 8:00 pm

silenziatori wrote:I called them about this and they said the passport photos have to be received by June 30.
Ahhh, that's what I thought. I'm going to get one of my artsy photographer friends to take some pictures, but it might be hard to get that all arranged by the 1st. Actual passport photos just suck.

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Thu May 28, 2009 8:01 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
Ahhh, that's what I thought. I'm going to get one of my artsy photographer friends to take some pictures, but it might be hard to get that all arranged by the 1st. Actual passport photos just suck.
Do you really think thats a good idea?

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu May 28, 2009 8:03 pm

geoanthem wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
I don't see why not, if it's a headshot and it's the right size.

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Thu May 28, 2009 8:08 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
geoanthem wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
I don't see why not, if it's a headshot and it's the right size.
I'm with you to a certain extant--they are putting it on their face book after all. (I'm a little vain.)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Thu May 28, 2009 8:52 pm

I dunno, I know I would wonder why someone went through all the trouble to do a professional headshot (and probably laugh a little)

but thats just me...

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu May 28, 2009 9:19 pm

geoanthem wrote:I dunno, I know I would wonder why someone went through all the trouble to do a professional headshot (and probably laugh a little)

but thats just me...
Oh, it wouldn't be professional. I'll get one of my uber-talented friends to do it, and it'll be fun.

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Thu May 28, 2009 10:53 pm

Facebook group is growing.

Hey OS, is that really Obama in your Facebook profile pic or is it a cardboard cutout?

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu May 28, 2009 11:41 pm

silenziatori wrote:Facebook group is growing.

Hey OS, is that really Obama in your Facebook profile pic or is it a cardboard cutout?
Don't I wish! It's a cutout.

Did you friend me?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Thu May 28, 2009 11:52 pm

I was wondering why he would need a name tag. On the other hand, only a douche would walk around assuming everyone knows who they are.

Friending now.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu May 28, 2009 11:54 pm

silenziatori wrote:I was wondering why he would need a name tag. On the other hand, only a douche would walk around assuming everyone knows who they are.

Friending now.
We stuck it on him. But yeah, I doubt that anyone would fail to recognize him.

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Thu May 28, 2009 11:56 pm

silenziatori wrote:I was wondering why he would need a name tag. On the other hand, only a douche would walk around assuming everyone knows who they are.

Friending now.
hmm, who are you?

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Fri May 29, 2009 12:18 am

geoanthem wrote:

Friending now.
hmm, who are you?
PM for more info.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Fri May 29, 2009 5:59 am

Did you all get the registration forms with the two envelopes?
Is anyone who is FT working their first year?
if yes, what kind of job?

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Fri May 29, 2009 11:25 am

ascremer wrote:Did you all get the registration forms with the two envelopes?
Is anyone who is FT working their first year?
if yes, what kind of job?
I just got the registration forms.

Question:

The registration form states that by signing and returning the form I'm formally matriculating as a JD candidate at Fordham. I haven't seen any language indicating that Fordham requires us to make a firm commitment and withdraw any other active applications we might have. Do any of you know if this is in fact the case? I have a couple of wait lists that haven't been resolved yet...

Anyways, if y'all don't know I'll call Fordham up and ask.

frost

Bronze

Post by frost » Fri May 29, 2009 10:18 pm

I believe you can still withdraw. Their registration materials are due 6/6 but they still say that the $600 deposit is still refundable afterwards. I'm also waiting on one more waitlist.

ascremer, I'm FT and will be working at an part time gig that I've had throughout college. At least, I'm hoping I will be able to - it depends on my school schedule which the book says we don't get until August.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri May 29, 2009 11:20 pm

Fordham loves me. I went up there to matriculate and pay my second seat deposit, and the receptionist gave me cake. She and the lady handling the checks insisted that I could not leave without a box containing a generous helping of chocolate cake with buttercream frosting.

I swear to god, every time I go in there, something amazing happens.

(I can't believe I matriculated. I am now a Fordham Law student.)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Sat May 30, 2009 5:45 am

OperaSoprano wrote:Fordham loves me. I went up there to matriculate and pay my second seat deposit, and the receptionist gave me cake. She and the lady handling the checks insisted that I could not leave without a box containing a generous helping of chocolate cake with buttercream frosting.

Coming from NYU, I didnt expect that from a school. Free cakes? :lol: :lol: :lol:

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sat May 30, 2009 8:55 am

ascremer wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:Fordham loves me. I went up there to matriculate and pay my second seat deposit, and the receptionist gave me cake. She and the lady handling the checks insisted that I could not leave without a box containing a generous helping of chocolate cake with buttercream frosting.

Coming from NYU, I didnt expect that from a school. Free cakes? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think I just lucked out. It must have been someone's birthday. It felt like my birthday. :D

I did find out something useful from the head of finaid: the COA has not yet been finalized, but she thinks it will be around $70k for full time kids, and $59k for us (not including tuition for summer classes if we plan to transfer over.)

She pegged the new FT tuition at around $44k, but noted that this was not set yet.

She also said that anyone still waiting on need based aid could get on a waiting list, but they would be unlikely to receive anything unless their families made under $45k a year.

She was quite helpful and friendly!

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Sat May 30, 2009 9:10 am

OperaSoprano wrote:...
I did find out something useful from the head of finaid: the COA has not yet been finalized, but she thinks it will be around $70k for full time kids, and $59k for us (not including tuition for summer classes if we plan to transfer over.)

She pegged the new FT tuition at around $44k, but noted that this was not set yet.

She also said that anyone still waiting on need based aid could get on a waiting list, but they would be unlikely to receive anything unless their families made under $45k a year.

:shock:

I'll be hitting those scholly apps hard for 2L.

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Sat May 30, 2009 10:20 am

silenziatori wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:...

:shock:

I'll be hitting those scholly apps hard for 2L.
Seriously. I'm jealous OS, I didn't get any cake when I visited :(

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”