Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Memories Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
silenziatori

Silver

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Post by silenziatori » Thu May 21, 2009 10:56 am

nitsudrx wrote:
silenziatori wrote:Has anyone used their Fordham nalgene-like water thingie (the correct term is escaping me)?
Hellz yeah I do! I think the term you are thinking of is "water bottle". Jk. :wink:
Does it change the taste of the water at all?

let/them/eat/cake

Silver

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Thu May 21, 2009 10:56 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
casper00 wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
SmittyLaw wrote:what neighborhood is good for everyone to meet? union sq area? e village? midtown somewhere?
I am up for any of the above. I live just south of Union Square, and there are about four million bars and lounges in my neighborhood. What works for everyone else?

I seriously can't wait to meet you guys. Waiting for August is impossibly hard....
OS why don't you just pick a place? It's a been a while since I had happy hour in nyc and all I can think of is cactus cantina lol...
I'd be happy to. So far I think we have seven people in. If no one has preferences or suggestions, I'll give this some thought and post my ideas.
Well, while we're posting ideas, I think light sockets and bike helmets are diluting the gene pool.

O you meant for the get-together. ok different story then. If we settle on an area first it will be easier to hone in on a place.

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Thu May 21, 2009 11:00 am

nitsudrx wrote:
silenziatori wrote:Has anyone used their Fordham nalgene-like water thingie (the correct term is escaping me)?
Hellz yeah I do! I think the term you are thinking of is "water bottle". Jk. :wink:
:oops: Dur to me.

dml

New

Post by dml » Thu May 21, 2009 11:26 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
casper00 wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
SmittyLaw wrote:what neighborhood is good for everyone to meet? union sq area? e village? midtown somewhere?
I am up for any of the above. I live just south of Union Square, and there are about four million bars and lounges in my neighborhood. What works for everyone else?

I seriously can't wait to meet you guys. Waiting for August is impossibly hard....
OS why don't you just pick a place? It's a been a while since I had happy hour in nyc and all I can think of is cactus cantina lol...
I'd be happy to. So far I think we have seven people in. If no one has preferences or suggestions, I'll give this some thought and post my ideas.
Count me in. I prefer St. George, Staten Island, but not for any good reason. Preferences with justification include LES/East Village, but that's just because I'm lazy.

let/them/eat/cake

Silver

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Thu May 21, 2009 11:29 am

prefer and Staten Island in the same sentence without a negative modifier. wow.

LES is sweet. if we can find a place that isn't awful. the beer garden down there aint bad, and has a good selection.

EDIT: that isn't awful--i.e., packed and really noisy.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu May 21, 2009 12:24 pm

silenziatori wrote:
nitsudrx wrote:
:oops: Dur to me.
What's this I hear about a water bottle? Is Fordham holding out on me?

BTW, has anyone else completely emptied the Fordham bookstore of wearing apparel in their size? I accidentally spent $150 in there. I can't even remember what I bought! I hope my parents and bf like their sweatshirts...

I'm down with the LES. Our head count is now up to 8 people, so that precludes most of my favorite spots. I'm going to run this by my bf for venue ideas.

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Thu May 21, 2009 12:28 pm

They gave out water bottles with the Fordham logo on them at the ASDs.

dml

New

Post by dml » Thu May 21, 2009 12:57 pm

silenziatori wrote:They gave out water bottles with the Fordham logo on them at the ASDs.
And of course, SOME of us didn't get invited to any ASDs :-(

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu May 21, 2009 1:33 pm

dml wrote:
silenziatori wrote:They gave out water bottles with the Fordham logo on them at the ASDs.
That's life on the waitlist for ya. Those were some particularly rough weeks. Eh, it ended well, though, so you'll never hear me complain.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Thu May 21, 2009 1:44 pm

dml wrote:
If I don't end up at Fordham, and you do, I'll give you mine. It's unused.

dml

New

Post by dml » Thu May 21, 2009 1:55 pm

silenziatori wrote:
dml wrote:
If I don't end up at Fordham, and you do, I'll give you mine. It's unused.
You rule. But I love both my current water bottle and any chance to complain about the stress that not knowing where I'm going to be next year has caused/is causing me. It is lookinh more like Fordham every day, so I will now stop being silly.

dml

New

Post by dml » Fri May 22, 2009 11:08 am

All right! I made a decision, and I'm going to be joining y'all at Fordham in August. And now I'm off to hand in my seat deposit! Hurrah!

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri May 22, 2009 1:27 pm

dml wrote:All right! I made a decision, and I'm going to be joining y'all at Fordham in August. And now I'm off to hand in my seat deposit! Hurrah!
Yeah! Best feeling in the goddamn world. Congrats!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Fri May 22, 2009 1:30 pm

Did any of you request on-campus housing?

Bankhead

Silver

Post by Bankhead » Sat May 23, 2009 12:30 am

I did. Haven't heard back. Have you?

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Sat May 23, 2009 8:36 am

I realized yesterday that you have to email Kate Cunningham directly to request on-campus housing. Yesterday an email was sent out to admitted students explaining this.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sat May 23, 2009 2:45 pm

So I was thinking about venue spots for our get together on the 26th. What do you guys think about Verlaine? I've never been, but hear awesome things about the crowd and the drinks. Happy hour lasts til 10pm, which sounds like perfection to me.

http://verlainenyc.com/

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Sun May 24, 2009 10:29 am

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck in getting Fordham to cough up this year's cost of attendance. It was supposed to be posted in April but the financial aid office keeps telling me it isn't finalized yet. I did get them to confirm that it's going to go up in comparison to last year's.

I was very confident in my choice of law school, but this is a little disconcerting. Anyone know when most law schools post the COA for the following year?

moviegoer

New

Post by moviegoer » Sun May 24, 2009 10:38 am

i haven't seen anything official but this thread on autoadmit seems like it might be legit:

--LinkRemoved--

6.9% increase for incoming 1L's (and 5.9% for current students). that would put tuition at $44,363.50. quite a sum.

the fledgling wrote:Just wondering if anyone has had any luck in getting Fordham to cough up this year's cost of attendance. It was supposed to be posted in April but the financial aid office keeps telling me it isn't finalized yet. I did get them to confirm that it's going to go up in comparison to last year's.

I was very confident in my choice of law school, but this is a little disconcerting. Anyone know when most law schools post the COA for the following year?

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Sun May 24, 2009 10:49 am

moviegoer wrote:i haven't seen anything official but this thread on autoadmit seems like it might be legit:

--LinkRemoved--

6.9% increase for incoming 1L's (and 5.9% for current students). that would put tuition at $44,363.50. quite a sum.
I appreciate the link, but the OP doesn't provide any source for his numbers, so I'm not very inclined to believe it's legitimate. 6.9% would be a big jump considering the economic environment, but given Fordham's recent plans (the new buildings) and the cuts made to the PT program (and subsequent loss of revenue) I'll admit it's possible.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sun May 24, 2009 7:54 pm

the fledgling wrote:
moviegoer wrote:i haven't seen anything official but this thread on autoadmit seems like it might be legit:

--LinkRemoved--

I appreciate the link, but the OP doesn't provide any source for his numbers, so I'm not very inclined to believe it's legitimate. 6.9% would be a big jump considering the economic environment, but given Fordham's recent plans (the new buildings) and the cuts made to the PT program (and subsequent loss of revenue) I'll admit it's possible.
If that's true, it's kind of terrifying. I don't find it shocking, though. I believe it's still less than what Cornell charges.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Sun May 24, 2009 8:02 pm

whats the deal with drinks tuesday night? anyone want to do it in midtown east :D its pretty central (and close to me). Should we also let people know on the facebook page?

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sun May 24, 2009 9:36 pm

geoanthem wrote:whats the deal with drinks tuesday night? anyone want to do it in midtown east :D its pretty central (and close to me). Should we also let people know on the facebook page?
Do you know a good spot, Geo? The place I recommended is credited, but it is downtown.

casper00

New

Post by casper00 » Mon May 25, 2009 2:48 pm

Bump, re: happy hour tomorrow

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Mon May 25, 2009 2:58 pm

Geo and I were talking. He seems to want to do the Overlook in midtown east. I'm trying to get ahold of him now, actually. Does that work for people? Is 7:00 good, or is that too early? I don't have to be up at the crack of dawn the next day, but I know everyone else does. Please share thoughts!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”