Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Memories

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
Locked
User avatar
OperaSoprano

Gold
Posts: 3417
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Post by OperaSoprano » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:53 pm

extremesandwich wrote:Hopefully the weather will be nice on Friday!

Can I just say I love Maher v. People? It totally makes Michigan seem like the old west. I pictured people in cowboy hats and everything :D
What time are we meeting on Friday? I volunteered to represent Fordham at the NYC LSAC Forum, and if they pick me, I think it's from noon to 5pm.

I also emailed the casting people and asked if we had to do both days, since the email only specified an all day commitment.

...Who else is applying to journals? Environmental Law sounds splendid. Actually I'd do any of them, because I'd give anything to be on a journal.

User avatar
Corsair

Gold
Posts: 2168
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 1981 12:25 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Post by Corsair » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:01 am

..

User avatar
silenziatori

Silver
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Post by silenziatori » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:06 am

extremesandwich wrote:Hopefully the weather will be nice on Friday!

Can I just say I love Maher v. People? It totally makes Michigan seem like the old west. I pictured people in cowboy hats and everything :D
That case was cool, except I'm not a fan of the provocation defense when adultery is involved.

User avatar
silenziatori

Silver
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Post by silenziatori » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:08 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
extremesandwich wrote:Hopefully the weather will be nice on Friday!

Can I just say I love Maher v. People? It totally makes Michigan seem like the old west. I pictured people in cowboy hats and everything :D
What time are we meeting on Friday? I volunteered to represent Fordham at the NYC LSAC Forum, and if they pick me, I think it's from noon to 5pm.

I also emailed the casting people and asked if we had to do both days, since the email only specified an all day commitment.

...Who else is applying to journals? Environmental Law sounds splendid. Actually I'd do any of them, because I'd give anything to be on a journal.
Shake Shack is at 2 on Friday.

User avatar
OperaSoprano

Gold
Posts: 3417
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Post by OperaSoprano » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:48 am

silenziatori wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
extremesandwich wrote:Hopefully the weather will be nice on Friday!

Can I just say I love Maher v. People? It totally makes Michigan seem like the old west. I pictured people in cowboy hats and everything :D
What time are we meeting on Friday? I volunteered to represent Fordham at the NYC LSAC Forum, and if they pick me, I think it's from noon to 5pm.

I also emailed the casting people and asked if we had to do both days, since the email only specified an all day commitment.

...Who else is applying to journals? Environmental Law sounds splendid. Actually I'd do any of them, because I'd give anything to be on a journal.
Shake Shack is at 2 on Friday.
I'll come with you guys if they don't need me the whole time.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


User avatar
OperaSoprano

Gold
Posts: 3417
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Post by OperaSoprano » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:50 am

Corsair wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote: I'd give anything to be on a journal.
Anything? 8)
Yeah, pretty much. I told RM that I'd even be on the Journal of Cat Pee and Litterbox Law if it existed and would take me.

User avatar
broach911

New
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:50 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Post by broach911 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:45 pm

I was sent this http://www.yelp.com/weekly?editorial_id ... HcSaRFW-oA which seemed pretty cool, if anyone likes brunch.

I want to do a journal but I'm holding off to see if law review is in my future or clinic.

My class hasn't done Maher v. People, we're on rape. Anyone read State v. Berkowitz?

User avatar
sentinal5656

Bronze
Posts: 371
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Post by sentinal5656 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:55 pm

I'm so pissed that we won't be learning about the Rule Against Perpetuities in Property. sigh

frogandprince

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:58 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Post by frogandprince » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:21 pm

sentinal5656 wrote:I'm so pissed that we won't be learning about the Rule Against Perpetuities in Property. sigh
I hope that's a joke.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


User avatar
silenziatori

Silver
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Post by silenziatori » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:56 pm

Just a reminder that some of us are going to Shake Shack this afternoon. We'll meet up in front of the library at 1:45 to start walking over. Shake Shack is on 77th and Columbus.

User avatar
OperaSoprano

Gold
Posts: 3417
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:23 pm

Have fun, guys! I'm posting from the LSAC Forum, and it's really fun to rep the school. Everyone thinks I work for Fordham, which is hilarious.

I have my short memo meeting tomorrow. Scared...

User avatar
broach911

New
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:50 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Post by broach911 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:31 pm

Sigh, I wish I could of gone, I had my short memo meeting at 3. It was really useful, my professor is really helpful and she really wants you to have a short memo worth using as a writing sample for jobs.

User avatar
silenziatori

Silver
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Post by silenziatori » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:12 pm

broach911 wrote:Sigh, I wish I could of gone, I had my short memo meeting at 3. It was really useful, my professor is really helpful and she really wants you to have a short memo worth using as a writing sample for jobs.
Definitely a better use of your time (comparatively speaking! We all had fun at Shake Shack and Central Park!). Paranormal Activity (at Lincoln Square Loews) and Shake Shack on Sunday. How 'bout it?
Last edited by silenziatori on Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


User avatar
broach911

New
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:50 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Post by broach911 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:22 pm

Definitely

User avatar
OperaSoprano

Gold
Posts: 3417
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:37 pm

silenziatori wrote:
broach911 wrote:Sigh, I wish I could of gone, I had my short memo meeting at 3. It was really useful, my professor is really helpful and she really wants you to have a short memo worth using as a writing sample for jobs.
Definitely a better use of your time (comparatively speaking! We all had fun at Shake Shack and Central Park!). Paranormal Activity (at Lincoln Square Loews) and Shake Shack on Sunday. How 'bout it?
ooooh... Also, what are people's plans tomorrow night? The Columbians have graciously invited us out drinking with them at the Pourhouse. My roommate and I, and a few others, are going.

frogandprince

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:58 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Post by frogandprince » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:38 pm

Did anyone hear back from the casting people about the movie this weekend? I wanted to do it, but they never emailed me back...

User avatar
OperaSoprano

Gold
Posts: 3417
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:40 pm

frogandprince wrote:Did anyone hear back from the casting people about the movie this weekend? I wanted to do it, but they never emailed me back...
Same. :(

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


User avatar
silenziatori

Silver
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Post by silenziatori » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:20 pm

I know of one person who got a response for the casting call.

frogandprince

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:58 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Post by frogandprince » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:31 pm

silenziatori wrote:I know of one person who got a response for the casting call.
Aw, that's disappointing, I've always wanted to be an extra :(

User avatar
OperaSoprano

Gold
Posts: 3417
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:47 pm

frogandprince wrote:
silenziatori wrote:I know of one person who got a response for the casting call.
Aw, that's disappointing, I've always wanted to be an extra :(
+1. I think I emailed too late. Does anyone else want to do drinks tomorrow?

User avatar
broach911

New
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:50 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Post by broach911 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:27 pm

Yeah I think I emailed too late as well.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


User avatar
silenziatori

Silver
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Post by silenziatori » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:20 pm

Do any of you know where the mailboxes for writing professors are located?

User avatar
silenziatori

Silver
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Post by silenziatori » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:23 pm

frogandprince wrote:
silenziatori wrote:I know of one person who got a response for the casting call.
Aw, that's disappointing, I've always wanted to be an extra :(
http://www.bgroundinc.com/

User avatar
OperaSoprano

Gold
Posts: 3417
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Post by OperaSoprano » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:21 pm

silenziatori wrote:Do any of you know where the mailboxes for writing professors are located?
I'm also wondering this. We have to get a hard copy to our TA, and they supposedly have boxes too, somewhere.

frogandprince

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:58 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Post by frogandprince » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:17 pm

silenziatori wrote:
frogandprince wrote:
silenziatori wrote:I know of one person who got a response for the casting call.
Aw, that's disappointing, I've always wanted to be an extra :(
http://www.bgroundinc.com/
Don't you need a password for that?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Locked

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”