Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Memories Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
extremesandwich

New

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Post by extremesandwich » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:17 pm

I finished my reading 8) Of course, I did mostly skim that whole first section by Cardozo.

So, after skipping the bar events today and yesterday, I think I'll definitely go to the one tomorrow. Anyone else?

Also, any idea what the final will be like? I've heard it's very difficult to fail.

I still don't know which of you are which irl :oops:

A review of our syllabii from all the teachers available so far suggests the following:

Prof. Bender will maybe be a little scary, and already has a ton of reading.

Prof. Denno seems nice, but I've heard she has a lot of reading.

Prof Teachout, even with her syllabus up, is ever the enigma.

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:21 pm

extremesandwich wrote:I finished my reading 8) Of course, I did mostly skim that whole first section by Cardozo.

So, after skipping the bar events today and yesterday, I think I'll definitely go to the one tomorrow. Anyone else?

Also, any idea what the final will be like? I've heard it's very difficult to fail.

I have not yet finished my reading. :oops:

I'll be going to tomorrow's bar event. If you're on FB, PM me your info and I'll friend you, that way we can recognize each other IRL.

In other news, the bookstore website still has the wrong book up for Section 5 Property. Bastards.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:23 pm

the fledgling wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:We were just trying to ascertain the proper time to get cupcakes. :D
Well, we could go before our 2:00 "exam" (anyone have any idea as to what they'll be testing us on?). Is that an option?
Noon on Thursday works for me. I'm probably going to the open bar as well. <3 our school.

To the people forbidden to use laptops in class: It could be a blessing in disguise. I'm planning not to use mine, because it will force me to revisit my notes when I type them up the next day. In addition, I know myself pretty well... If we have internet access in there, the temptation will be too great. I also don't want to risk having my new (and only) computer stolen, so I've made the decision to leave it at home most nights.

Let's get some cupcakes!

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:44 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
the fledgling wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:We were just trying to ascertain the proper time to get cupcakes. :D
Well, we could go before our 2:00 "exam" (anyone have any idea as to what they'll be testing us on?). Is that an option?
Noon on Thursday works for me. I'm probably going to the open bar as well. <3 our school.

To the people forbidden to use laptops in class: It could be a blessing in disguise. I'm planning not to use mine, because it will force me to revisit my notes when I type them up the next day. In addition, I know myself pretty well... If we have internet access in there, the temptation will be too great. I also don't want to risk having my new (and only) computer stolen, so I've made the decision to leave it at home most nights.

Let's get some cupcakes!
I'm down for some cupcakes on Thursday at noon.

revolution724

Bronze

Post by revolution724 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:20 pm

silenziatori wrote:
sentinal5656 wrote:why is it 9pm and im only on the second case. sigh
Don't worry dude, I'm not even on my first case.
I've read the ones in the book but not the handout. It'll be a little light subway reading in the morning, probably. >.<

What's this about cupcakes, then?

I'm undecided about Wednesday evening festivities, but leaning pro.

I am still waiting on my loans, however. Curses!

Edit: And just precisely -how- are we supposed to buy books if our loans haven't been disbursed?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:28 pm

revolution724 wrote:
I've read the ones in the book but not the handout. It'll be a little light subway reading in the morning, probably. >.<

What's this about cupcakes, then?
We gonna meet up at Magnolia Bakery for some cupcakes, prolly on Thursday at noon.
revolution724 wrote:I'm undecided about Wednesday evening festivities, but leaning pro.

I'm not used to dropping $ 20 (plus tips) on a night of drinking, but I've heard this is supposed to be worth it.

revolution724 wrote:I am still waiting on my loans, however. Curses!
Edit: And just precisely -how- are we supposed to buy books if our loans haven't been disbursed?
Financial aid will tell you to go put it on a credit card, then pay off the credit card once you get your refund. Makes good financial sense to me. :roll:

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:34 pm

Just got word that my GradPLUS loans have been guaranteed by HESC. However, HESC has put me on notice that disbursement of the loan funds is subject to a credit check approval, which I assumed they had already done when I initially applied. Also, not that this is any cause for concern, but when I check the status of my loans on HESC's website, it shows the loan amounts, and then for each loan states $ 0.00 as the anticipated disbursement amount. Maybe this is because they haven't done their final credit check yet? Who the eff knows...

revolution724

Bronze

Post by revolution724 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:39 pm

silenziatori wrote: Financial aid will tell you to go put it on a credit card, then pay off the credit card once you get your refund. Makes good financial sense to me. :roll:
They're picking up the interest, yeah? :roll: How about the cost of not-free socials?

*grumble*

greatwhiteway

New

Post by greatwhiteway » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:47 pm

silenziatori wrote:
extremesandwich wrote:I finished my reading 8) Of course, I did mostly skim that whole first section by Cardozo.

I have not yet finished my reading. :oops:

I'll be going to tomorrow's bar event. If you're on FB, PM me your info and I'll friend you, that way we can recognize each other IRL.

In other news, the bookstore website still has the wrong book up for Section 5 Property. Bastards.
All I can say is thank goodness for Barnes and Noble's textbook "sale" and same day delivery within Manhattan.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

LawDog3

New

Post by LawDog3 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:00 am

Anyone brief Sventko v. Kroger or Korematsu? You know those are due Wednesday in Legal Reasoning and Writing, right?

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:04 am

LawDog3 wrote:Anyone brief Sventko v. Kroger or Korematsu? You know those are due Wednesday in Legal Reasoning and Writing, right?

:|

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:06 am

A review of our syllabii from all the teachers available so far suggests the following:

Prof. Bender will maybe be a little scary, and already has a ton of reading.

Prof. Denno seems nice, but I've heard she has a lot of reading.

Prof Teachout, even with her syllabus up, is ever the enigma.
ive also skipped today and yesterdays happy hours, def going tomorrow
still at first case too, prob wont get to third case!
but thanks to todays reading im overcoming my jetlag! :lol:

frogandprince

New

Post by frogandprince » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:07 am

silenziatori wrote:Just got word that my GradPLUS loans have been guaranteed by HESC. However, HESC has put me on notice that disbursement of the loan funds is subject to a credit check approval, which I assumed they had already done when I initially applied. Also, not that this is any cause for concern, but when I check the status of my loans on HESC's website, it shows the loan amounts, and then for each loan states $ 0.00 as the anticipated disbursement amount. Maybe this is because they haven't done their final credit check yet? Who the eff knows...
I think they don't put the amount up until they actually disburse it, even though it says "anticipated." I've been using HESC for undergrad, so don't worry, as long as it says the loan amounts and that you've been approved, it will work out.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

LawDog3

New

Post by LawDog3 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:10 am

silenziatori wrote:
LawDog3 wrote:Anyone brief Sventko v. Kroger or Korematsu? You know those are due Wednesday in Legal Reasoning and Writing, right?

:|
You haven't done it? Oh well...good thing it wasn't a real assignment...:lol: you can come up to Harlem (Morningside Heights) and punch me for that one. lol. I'm, uh...the white dude with the funny looking glasses who rides his bike to school, has tatoos all over his body and, uh...stinks like old rubber and salami and cigarettes...lol.
Last edited by LawDog3 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

frogandprince

New

Post by frogandprince » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:11 am

Is it just me, or does the writer of the Bramble Bush seem to write in Yoda-style a lot? :?

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:12 am

Goddamn some people really don't have anything worthwhile to do with their free time.

LawDog3

New

Post by LawDog3 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:13 am

silenziatori wrote:Goddamn some people really don't have anything to do with their free time.
You're right. It's just getting in that last bit of fun before it really gets hot, you know?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:37 am

frogandprince wrote: I think they don't put the amount up until they actually disburse it, even though it says "anticipated." I've been using HESC for undergrad, so don't worry, as long as it says the loan amounts and that you've been approved, it will work out.
Thanks!

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:40 am

Several things:

Silenz, HESC said the same thing for me. I called my lender in a panic, which is when they informed me they wouldn't make the loan without a co-signer. I'm sure the credit check isn't a big deal for most people.

Re: cupcakes... Let's do it! Thursday at noon, because we all need a nutritious lunch, lol.

And a request: Does anyone in section 12 know our assigned books? Please list or PM me! I believe section 11 has the same for contracts and criminal law, so that would work as well.

Thanks so much!

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:07 am

greatwhiteway wrote:All I can say is thank goodness for Barnes and Noble's textbook "sale" and same day delivery within Manhattan.
You got same day delivery in Manhattan! I've been gypped...

I'm up for cupcakes Thursday at noon and will be going to the open bar tomorrow night (missed all the others because apparently I don't read as fast as I used to :| ).

Will be reading the handout cases over tea and cereal in about, oh, six hours. Night all!

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:08 am

the fledgling wrote:
greatwhiteway wrote:All I can say is thank goodness for Barnes and Noble's textbook "sale" and same day delivery within Manhattan.
You got same day delivery in Manhattan! I've been gypped...

I'm up for cupcakes Thursday at noon and will be going to the open bar tomorrow night (missed all the others because apparently I don't read as fast as I used to :| ).

Will be reading the handout cases over tea and cereal in about, oh, six hours. Night all!
I ordered the property book from B & N like 20 minutes ago, and just got an email saying it will be delivered tomorrow. Sweeeeeeet!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:09 am

frogandprince wrote:Is it just me, or does the writer of the Bramble Bush seem to write in Yoda-style a lot? :?
(One last note): I actually thought he was kind of hilarious. :lol:

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:09 am

silenziatori wrote:I ordered the property book from B & N like 20 minutes ago, and just got an email saying it will be delivered tomorrow. Sweeeeeeet!
Oooh! I shall try that. Thanks!

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:43 am

does anyone have the booklist for Contracts Section 3??? (Prof. Thel)

revolution724

Bronze

Post by revolution724 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:49 am

ascremer wrote:does anyone have the booklist for Contracts Section 3??? (Prof. Thel)
NO. (3 and 4 are combined). Still not posted! Of course, that would be the first class we have.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”