Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Memories Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
jrock12

Bronze

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Post by jrock12 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:21 pm

sentinal5656 wrote:where did everyone buy the legal process textbook from? Are we suppose to complete the reading for it before orientation?
the syllabus pretty much has the detailed reading assignments for this book...not really a book you'd read for pleasure, so i'm going to be following the assigned readings

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:18 pm

jrock12 wrote:
sentinal5656 wrote:where did everyone buy the legal process textbook from? Are we suppose to complete the reading for it before orientation?
the syllabus pretty much has the detailed reading assignments for this book...not really a book you'd read for pleasure, so i'm going to be following the assigned readings

yeah, but are we suppose to all that reading during orientation or prior to orientation?

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:20 pm

jrock12 wrote:
Jrock, where did you find our syllabus? Thanks so much.

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:30 pm

sentinal5656 wrote:
jrock12 wrote:

yeah, but are we suppose to all that reading during orientation or prior to orientation?
You can do the reading if you wish. You'll have to at least do the reading for the first class session. But nowhere does it say we have to do all the readings prior to orientation.

The readings seem slightly dense, incredibly dry, but not that long, so it wouldn't be a big deal if you did most of the reading during orientation.

EDIT: I'll add that I'm slowly going through these readings, but only because I already finished Case of a Lifetime and need something Fordham related to fill up the free time I have.
Last edited by silenziatori on Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jrock12

Bronze

Post by jrock12 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:33 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
jrock12 wrote:
its on the ASD....5th check mark down from 'Things to do by July"

--LinkRemoved--

not sure if that link will work or not

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:57 pm

do we get free server space through fordham? something i can use for online back up? if not, does anyone have any suggestions for a free service?

jrock12

Bronze

Post by jrock12 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:59 pm

sentinal5656 wrote:do we get free server space through fordham? something i can use for online back up? if not, does anyone have any suggestions for a free service?
i'm fairly certain we do...i thought it was talked about earlier in this thread...wish i could tell you where!

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:00 pm

jrock12 wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
jrock12 wrote:
its on the ASD....5th check mark down from 'Things to do by July"

--LinkRemoved--

not sure if that link will work or not
Jrock, that is amazing. Thank you.

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:01 pm

sentinal5656 wrote:do we get free server space through fordham? something i can use for online back up? if not, does anyone have any suggestions for a free service?
We get 5 free gigs, which you can currently access through my.fordham.edu. The link for it is right next to the email link, at the top right of the page.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:12 pm

silenziatori wrote:
We get 5 free gigs, which you can currently access through my.fordham.edu. The link for it is right next to the email link, at the top right of the page.

NICE! Thanks!

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:14 pm

sentinal5656 wrote:
silenziatori wrote:

NICE! Thanks!
Just want to add that the link is a hard drive icon labeled "My Files".

Woodbane77

New

Post by Woodbane77 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:46 pm

So has anyone who is living in McMahon gotten a housing assignment yet? I'm getting a little concerned considering we are 2 weeks away and I still haven't gotten anything telling me where I'm living and who with?

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:04 pm

Woodbane77 wrote:So has anyone who is living in McMahon gotten a housing assignment yet? I'm getting a little concerned considering we are 2 weeks away and I still haven't gotten anything telling me where I'm living and who with?

This is really bothering me too. I think I am going to call tomorrow and find out the status on that. Does anyone have more up to date information regarding this matter?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:43 pm

I will also call tomorrow to ask for a status update.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:46 pm

Dear classmates,

The tentative date for our party is August 21st. Does that work for the majority of people? Fabulous drinks will be served, and it shall be good.

greatwhiteway

New

Post by greatwhiteway » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:55 pm

sentinal5656 wrote:
Woodbane77 wrote:So has anyone who is living in McMahon gotten a housing assignment yet? I'm getting a little concerned considering we are 2 weeks away and I still haven't gotten anything telling me where I'm living and who with?

This is really bothering me too. I think I am going to call tomorrow and find out the status on that. Does anyone have more up to date information regarding this matter?
Emailed them this morning. "You should receive your room assignment by the end of next."

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:57 pm

greatwhiteway wrote:
sentinal5656 wrote:

Emailed them this morning. "You should receive your room assignment by the end of next."
What? So we'll have like 1 day to talk to our room mates and figure out what the hell to bring? And to find out what our exact addresses are so we can forward all our mail, and get books shipped to the dorm? Great.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:59 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:Dear classmates,

The tentative date for our party is August 21st. Does that work for the majority of people? Fabulous drinks will be served, and it shall be good.
As ascremer mentioned, as long as there is no Fordham event, this should be perfect. Even if there is, I am definitely making it to your party.

greatwhiteway

New

Post by greatwhiteway » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:02 pm

silenziatori wrote:
greatwhiteway wrote:
sentinal5656 wrote:

What? So we'll have like 1 day to talk to our room mates and figure out what the hell to bring? And to find out what our exact addresses are so we can forward all our mail, and get books shipped to the dorm? Great.
sigh... I did ask if it's ok to ship stuff before move in, and they said to just send packages to your attention to McMahon Hall (155 W 60th) the week before.

revolution724

Bronze

Post by revolution724 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:34 pm

Speaking of housing, is anyone still looking for housing or perhaps a roommate? I've been pounding the pavement like a lump of dough and haven't found a place yet. I have two cats, which isn't that much of a barrier in getting an apartment per se, but might limit roommate choices - just looked at a lot of places in sketchy or loud neighborhoods, and pooling resources might help. Argh argh argh, it's been frustrating thus far.

dmorales05

New

Post by dmorales05 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:15 am

Finally got Case of a Lifetime today, which was forwarded to me after they sent it to my address in Miami. I put it on my bed so I could start it when I got home from AEP. My dog destroyed it while I was gone. FML.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ZXCVBNM

Bronze

Post by ZXCVBNM » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:26 am

Yes, fordham has a backup drive we can use.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:19 am

silenziatori wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:Dear classmates,

As ascremer mentioned, as long as there is no Fordham event, this should be perfect. Even if there is, I am definitely making it to your party.
I can't find any Fordham event for Friday night, but please keep us posted if you discover one! Bostonlegal and I will be working overtime to make this rock.

extremesandwich

New

Post by extremesandwich » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:07 am

dmorales05 wrote:Finally got Case of a Lifetime today, which was forwarded to me after they sent it to my address in Miami. I put it on my bed so I could start it when I got home from AEP. My dog destroyed it while I was gone. FML.
Mine was forwarded to me from Michigan. My roommate lost the delivery slip, and the sucky postal service here never gave me a second or third notice. Consequently, without a routing number, which I don't have, there's no way to pick up my package from the post office.

So basically, because Fordham for some unknown reason sent it to my permanent instead of my current address, I know have to spend $15 or so on a book that I should have gotten for free.

To top it off, none of the bookstores around here have it, so I had to order and hope that it comes in soon.

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:28 am

extremesandwich wrote:
dmorales05 wrote:Finally got Case of a Lifetime today, which was forwarded to me after they sent it to my address in Miami. I put it on my bed so I could start it when I got home from AEP. My dog destroyed it while I was gone. FML.
Mine was forwarded to me from Michigan. My roommate lost the delivery slip, and the sucky postal service here never gave me a second or third notice. Consequently, without a routing number, which I don't have, there's no way to pick up my package from the post office.

So basically, because Fordham for some unknown reason sent it to my permanent instead of my current address, I know have to spend $15 or so on a book that I should have gotten for free.

To top it off, none of the bookstores around here have it, so I had to order and hope that it comes in soon.
I had a similar problem
Although I emailed them in June and asked whether they could send my book to an international address they never responded. My father got the book in NY and sent it to me. It didnt arrive for a week and I thought it was stuck at customs, which happened before! But today as I was entering the building I walked by the postman and I finally have my book!!!!!

On the party issue; I'm excited and I will be there on the 21st (prob with one of my roommates)
And once we move in after Sept 1st, we are also thinking of throwing a party, which I will let you know about on TLS!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”