Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Memories Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
the fledgling

Bronze

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Post by the fledgling » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:01 pm

pammy1985 wrote:I get a bit fussy when stuff like this happens. It just got to me that both Lexis and Fordham have the wrong titles and ISBN numbers up on their websites.
It's very odd and I'm a bit worried now actually. I searched for the ISBN on Amazon and came up with a book published in 2008, not 2009. It's not even available for direct sale through Amazon. Neither ISBN is showing up on Fordham Bookstore's website, so I can't cross check with them.

Fordham did confirm that this ISBN was the correct book though, right? (I mean the 9781422428733 ISBN.)

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:08 pm

the fledgling wrote:
pammy1985 wrote:I get a bit fussy when stuff like this happens. It just got to me that both Lexis and Fordham have the wrong titles and ISBN numbers up on their websites.
It's very odd and I'm a bit worried now actually. I searched for the ISBN on Amazon and came up with a book published in 2008, not 2009. It's not even available for direct sale through Amazon. Neither ISBN is showing up on Fordham Bookstore's website, so I can't cross check with them.

Fordham did confirm that this ISBN was the correct book though, right? (I mean the 9781422428733 ISBN.)
No, they actually said that they weren't sure why there was a mistake or what the correct ISBN number is. When I gave them the title of the book I bought, the guy went and checked with someone and said that it's the correct book and they have it wrong on their website.

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:15 pm

pammy1985 wrote:
the fledgling wrote:

No, they actually said that they weren't sure why there was a mistake or what the correct ISBN number is. When I gave them the title of the book I bought, the guy went and checked with someone and said that it's the correct book and they have it wrong on their website.
If it's wrong on their website they should probably fix that... I'll try contacting Fordham and I'll you know what they say. Which department did you contact?

jrock12

Bronze

Post by jrock12 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:21 pm

pammy1985 wrote:
the fledgling wrote:

if i had to guess, i bet they put the ISBN for last year's copy (which i have back at my apartment...i'll cross check it later when i get home)

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:33 pm

I think you're right jrock. When I search the ISBN on Fordham's site, the second edition pops up.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:48 pm

the fledgling wrote:I think you're right jrock. When I search the ISBN on Fordham's site, the second edition pops up.
I contacted the Student Affairs department and they said that I had the correct book. They said that they'll contact Admissions and let them know about the mistake so it can be fixed. I was just really confused about the mistake that Lexis had on their website which is identical to the mistake Fordham made.

Another question: Is anyone attending this AEP program? Worth it?

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:51 pm

the fledgling wrote:I think you're right jrock. When I search the ISBN on Fordham's site, the second edition pops up.
I said that hours earlier! :wink:

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:01 pm

Jeez. Does that book really have to be $ 45? I'm gonna try to see if I can find it cheaper somewhere besides Lexis.

Pammy: I got invited to the AEP but won't be attending because I can't afford to be in NYC without any income for that long before school starts. Just looking at the syllabus, I can't tell if it would be worth it to go. I'd say, if you are already in NYC and don't have other pressing commitments, then why not? But if you're not in NYC, this would require you to move up early (unless you can commute), and if you're worried about money it might not be worth it. Each day of the program consists of like 3 hours of classes/meetings, as far as I can tell. Excluding the welcome reception and the concluding dinner, you get like 6 days of substantive stuff to learn about.

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:04 pm

silenziatori wrote:Jeez. Does that book really have to be $ 45? I'm gonna try to see if I can find it cheaper somewhere besides Lexis.

Pammy: I got invited to the AEP but won't be attending because I can't afford to be in NYC without any income for that long before school starts. Just looking at the syllabus, I can't tell if it would be worth it to go. I'd say, if you are already in NYC and don't have other pressing commitments, then why not? But if you're not in NYC, this would require you to move up early (unless you can commute), and if you're worried about money it might not be worth it. Each day of the program consists of like 3 hours of classes/meetings, as far as I can tell. Excluding the welcome reception and the concluding dinner, you get like 6 days of substantive stuff to learn about.
I checked all over for that stupid book and Lexis is the only site that has it. It's not very thick either, only about 200 pages.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jrock12

Bronze

Post by jrock12 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:37 pm

well at this point it doesnt really look like i'm providing any new info, but i figured i could just confirm for everyone that the ISBN on the ASW is for the Second Edition that incoming 1Ls last year had to buy (just crossed it with the copy that i have)

different from what pammy said, the second edition is exactly 456 pgs

ZXCVBNM

Bronze

Post by ZXCVBNM » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:30 pm

pammy1985 wrote:
I contacted the Student Affairs department and they said that I had the correct book. They said that they'll contact Admissions and let them know about the mistake so it can be fixed. I was just really confused about the mistake that Lexis had on their website which is identical to the mistake Fordham made.

Another question: Is anyone attending this AEP program? Worth it?
I'm going to AEP. Pammy, are you going to go? Anyone else? I couldn't figure out why I was invited from the initial letter and then I saw in a follow up email that they include older students. I'll take it! Looks like good prep for next year and will get me back into the mindset for being in class again.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:41 pm

goddamnit, I'm glad I waited to buy that book. Procrastination FTW. I miss you guys, though. We seriously need to figure out this bar night thing. Booyakasha has also volunteered to plan an August mixer for us, them, and the NYU kids. She claims we won't all want to kill each other. :lol: I told her I'd be down. Peaceful imbibing works for me.

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:31 pm

Goddamn Lexis. They have a chokehold on this book.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ZXCVBNM

Bronze

Post by ZXCVBNM » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:37 pm

isn't fordham going to sell it?

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:40 pm

ZXCVBNM wrote:isn't fordham going to sell it?
Yeah, but until we get there, and if we want to get it now, we're stuck with Lexis. Oh, I hope you enjoy AEP by the way! Free law preview at the school you're attending = awesome.

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:44 pm

Anyone submit their stafford/grad plus apps?

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:57 pm

silenziatori wrote:Anyone submit their stafford/grad plus apps?
Yup. Couldn't wait to get that over with. I hate being late with those things and just wanted to get it over with. I went with US Bank Corp. for GradPlus. They were pretty easy to deal with and you can do everything online.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:10 pm

geoanthem wrote:
Whoops. Sorry geo :oops: I canceled my order and will hold off until this is all settled on the ASW. Plus Fordham might sell it for less in a few weeks.

I submitted my Stafford/Grad Plus apps. Just have to complete the online interviews. I asked Fin Aid about that and they said I might as well do them now, so I'll add that to my to-do list.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:22 pm

pammy1985 wrote:
silenziatori wrote:Anyone submit their stafford/grad plus apps?
Yup. Couldn't wait to get that over with. I hate being late with those things and just wanted to get it over with. I went with US Bank Corp. for GradPlus. They were pretty easy to deal with and you can do everything online.
I'm still having issues with mine. I hope I won't get in trouble for being late. I'm still a bit mystified by this process and not sure what I need to do next. Would someone who is finished please pm me? Thanks so much guys.

Silver

Post by 06132010 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:08 am

OperaSoprano wrote:goddamnit, I'm glad I waited to buy that book. Procrastination FTW. I miss you guys, though. We seriously need to figure out this bar night thing. Booyakasha has also volunteered to plan an August mixer for us, them, and the NYU kids. She claims we won't all want to kill each other. :lol: I told her I'd be down. Peaceful imbibing works for me.
I swear, no murders.

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:17 am

booyakasha45 wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:goddamnit, I'm glad I waited to buy that book. Procrastination FTW. I miss you guys, though. We seriously need to figure out this bar night thing. Booyakasha has also volunteered to plan an August mixer for us, them, and the NYU kids. She claims we won't all want to kill each other. :lol: I told her I'd be down. Peaceful imbibing works for me.
I swear, no murders.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:47 am

jrock12

Bronze

Post by jrock12 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:27 am

the fledgling wrote:
geoanthem wrote:
Whoops. Sorry geo :oops: I canceled my order and will hold off until this is all settled on the ASW. Plus Fordham might sell it for less in a few weeks.

I submitted my Stafford/Grad Plus apps. Just have to complete the online interviews. I asked Fin Aid about that and they said I might as well do them now, so I'll add that to my to-do list.
for my sake, and anyone else who may be curious, what are these?

i filed my e-MPN for stafford (not sure if i'm going to do gradplus yet), and thought i was done...is there something more that i missed?

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:36 am

booyakasha45 wrote:
I swear, no murders.
What no Cardozo? Only the big three NYC law schools? What about Touro?

hoffb86

Bronze

Post by hoffb86 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:36 am

geoanthem wrote:
booyakasha45 wrote:
I swear, no murders.
What no Cardozo? Only the big three NYC law schools? What about Touro?
Can I come... I'll pretend to rep it for NYLS.

(I'm kidding, the July 18th TLS meetup is my last one... you all should be there)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”