Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Memories Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
the fledgling

Bronze

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Post by the fledgling » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:02 am

I <3 Magnolia bakery.

And great news on your loans, Silenz! You're nearly there. Anyone else still waiting?

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:43 am

Silenz: 180 on those Stafford loans!

Fledgling, and others: Magnolia Bakery (69th St location) sometime between 4 and 6, on Thursday? We need sugar.

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:13 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
sentinal5656 wrote:On Wednesday we are free as well. The schedule says "lunch on our own".

EDIT: I need to really fix this post. Horrible grammar.
I have tentative Wednesday lunch plans, but Thursday is open. BTW, this bottle of rose is foul. I think there was a reason this stuff was $3.99. I promise we'll serve only the best at our party. :mrgreen:
:roll:

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:49 am

silenziatori wrote:
ascremer wrote:
ascremer wrote:I was able to add my fordham.edu email to my blackberry but not my law.fordham.edu
anyone who was more successful than me and would like to share he/she managed to set up their law.fordham account???
:roll:
Thanks!
anyone with a blackberry?? :cry:
I don't have a Blackberry and don't know whether this'll do the trick, but I hope it does:
http://law.fordham.edu/assets/isp/tech- ... kberry.pdf
thank you!!!!!!!!!! :D :lol: :D
thank you so much!
I had the wrong server name =) :roll:

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:45 am

OperaSoprano wrote:Silenz: 180 on those Stafford loans!

Fledgling, and others: Magnolia Bakery (69th St location) sometime between 4 and 6, on Thursday? We need sugar.
Unfortunately the day division will be at orientation from 2 to 5 and then there's the bbq (with free food) right thereafter.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:01 am

did anyone get any refunds from the school yet? I still owe 22K! 8)

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:03 am

ascremer wrote:did anyone get any refunds from the school yet? I still owe 22K! 8)
No refunds 'til the end of August, probably.

extremesandwich

New

Post by extremesandwich » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:12 am

I was so nervous for yesterday that I didn't sleep at all on Sunday :oops:

I hope today goes better, I at least got a couple hours of sleep last night :)

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:29 am

extremesandwich wrote:I was so nervous for yesterday that I didn't sleep at all on Sunday :oops:

:(

I'm working on catching up on sleep too. It sorta sucks.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:43 am

silenziatori wrote:
extremesandwich wrote:I was so nervous for yesterday that I didn't sleep at all on Sunday :oops:

i still have jet lag, woke up at 5.30am!

heather87

New

Post by heather87 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:45 am

silenziatori wrote:

I'm currently sitting in starbucks trying to inject myself w caffeine before the day begins. I'm soo not a morning person

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:27 am

the fledgling wrote:

Unfortunately the day division will be at orientation from 2 to 5 and then there's the bbq (with free food) right thereafter.
I'm curious; do they ever give you guys substantial breaks (more than an hour) during the day? I absolutely love taking evening classes, but in a perfect world there'd be some way to take the third class during the afternoon. I have heard that second and third year day students are allowed to take evening classes, and that the scheduling is much more flexible even if we don't switch over.

We need to find a time for cupcakes, though! I hope you guys are enjoying your second day.

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:24 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
the fledgling wrote:

I'm curious; do they ever give you guys substantial breaks (more than an hour) during the day? I absolutely love taking evening classes, but in a perfect world there'd be some way to take the third class during the afternoon. I have heard that second and third year day students are allowed to take evening classes, and that the scheduling is much more flexible even if we don't switch over.

We need to find a time for cupcakes, though! I hope you guys are enjoying your second day.
do you mean between two classes on one day?
in section 3 we have 4-4,5 hours of break on Tues and Thurs
is that what you are asking????

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:45 pm

ascremer wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
the fledgling wrote:

do you mean between two classes on one day?
in section 3 we have 4-4,5 hours of break on Tues and Thurs
is that what you are asking????
We were just trying to ascertain the proper time to get cupcakes. :D

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:08 pm

Is delivery a possibility? :lol:

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:35 pm

Alright, so far my Property professor does not allow laptops in class, and my Contracts professor "discourages" the use of laptops. And, I just found out I bought the wrong property casebook off of a law student friend. wtf?

/rant

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:17 pm

silenziatori wrote:Alright, so far my Property professor does not allow laptops in class, and my Contracts professor "discourages" the use of laptops. And, I just found out I bought the wrong property casebook off of a law student friend. wtf?

/rant
Noooooooooo

:cry:

Well, I guess I'll have to buy a better notebook. The property book for section 5 should be Property Law, Singer, 4th edition, right?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:18 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:We were just trying to ascertain the proper time to get cupcakes. :D
Well, we could go before our 2:00 "exam" (anyone have any idea as to what they'll be testing us on?). Is that an option?

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:23 pm

the fledgling wrote:
silenziatori wrote:Alright, so far my Property professor does not allow laptops in class, and my Contracts professor "discourages" the use of laptops. And, I just found out I bought the wrong property casebook off of a law student friend. wtf?

/rant
Noooooooooo

Well, I guess I'll have to buy a better notebook. The property book for section 5 should be Property Law, Singer, 4th edition, right?
It isn't Singer. :( I got the Singer off of a friend. Our book is edited by Jesse Dukeminier, 6th ed. (2006). I should've waited, but really, I don't think it's much to ask that the bookstore website reflect they don't have book information for the current semester until it's actually available, and that professors tell us which books we'll need with a little bit more notice.

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:28 pm

silenziatori wrote:
the fledgling wrote:

/rant
Noooooooooo

It isn't Singer. :( I got the Singer off of a friend. Our book is edited by Jesse Dukeminier, 6th ed. (2006). I should've waited, but really, I don't think it's much to ask that the bookstore website reflect they don't have book information for the current semester until it's actually available, and that professors tell us which books we'll need with a little bit more notice.
Seriously???? Dammit. That is so not cool re: the bookstore's website. Now I'm going to have to return a book that hasn't even arrived yet!

EDIT: Does anyone know if this Property book is available in the bookstore? It retails new from $123-$160...

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:41 pm

the fledgling wrote: Seriously???? Dammit. That is so not cool re: the bookstore's website. Now I'm going to have to return a book that hasn't even arrived yet!

EDIT: Does anyone know if this Property book is available in the bookstore? It retails new from $123-$160...
I'm gonna check the bookstore :evil: tomorrow as soon as it opens.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Woodbane77

New

Post by Woodbane77 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:06 pm

silenziatori wrote:
greatwhiteway wrote:
the fledgling wrote:
silenziatori wrote:Just got my internet to work. Anyone here going to the bar event tonight?
I'll probably go to tomorrow's and/or Wednesday's.
Me too... I'm not done unpacking yet! lol
I've decided I'm way too tired to go tonight. I guess we'll all see each other tomorrow and/or Wednesday night, though I only know what a couple of you look like.
I think I met you actually, outside the RA office Monday morning.

/rant
Yeah, my torts professor isn't too fond of laptops, so I might use pen and paper just for his class. It's probably a good thing to some extent, I need to need to learn to write by hand again (at least without cramping up after 5 minutes).

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:18 pm

Woodbane77 wrote:
I think I met you actually, outside the RA office Monday morning.
ohhhhh, cool! So are you on the 13th floor? I remember someone else on here saying they live on the 13th floor in McMahon.
Woodbane77 wrote:Yeah, my torts professor isn't too fond of laptops, so I might use pen and paper just for his class. It's probably a good thing to some extent, I need to need to learn to write by hand again (at least without cramping up after 5 minutes).
My handwriting sucks!

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:08 pm

why is it 9pm and im only on the second case. sigh

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:19 pm

sentinal5656 wrote:why is it 9pm and im only on the second case. sigh
Don't worry dude, I'm not even on my first case.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”