Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Memories Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
revolution724

Bronze

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Post by revolution724 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:52 pm

Woodbane77 wrote:I ended up going out with some people last night, so I wasn't at happy hour; but generally I try to attend the social events.
It wasn't an official thing. It was a bunch of us sitting around at the barbeque and saying, hmm, it's not 7 pm yet, and a beer would be nice, let's go get a beer. More and more FLS students somehow materialized at the same bar as the evening went on.

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:22 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:Tears of joy! My GradPLUS loans were approved, thanks to my aunt and her flawless credit. <3

Off to buy alcohol; see you guys tonight! Everyone at Fordham is invited, and so are those CLS, NYU, Cardozo, and BLS kids I personally know to be awesome. At least one HLS 1L is still in town, and he'll be here too, along with my friends from the fashion world, and L---, an MSW student at our school.
im bringing 4 or 5 people with me:) non of them law students, but two Columbia grad students and one from FIT, with whom you OperaSoprano might have something in common :))

See you tonight!

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:27 pm

So my legal writing & research class hasn't showed up on that first assignment website. Anyone else have this problem?

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:28 pm

ascremer wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:Tears of joy! My GradPLUS loans were approved, thanks to my aunt and her flawless credit. <3

Off to buy alcohol; see you guys tonight! Everyone at Fordham is invited, and so are those CLS, NYU, Cardozo, and BLS kids I personally know to be awesome. At least one HLS 1L is still in town, and he'll be here too, along with my friends from the fashion world, and L---, an MSW student at our school.
im bringing 4 or 5 people with me:) non of them law students, but two Columbia grad students and one from FIT, with whom you OperaSoprano might have something in common :))

See you tonight!
Yay, awesome! You know, I found out that another FIT student got into Fordham two years ago. I would give anything to find that person, if he or she actually attended, but I don't know how I could go about getting that information from the school.

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:09 pm

the fledgling wrote:So my legal writing & research class hasn't showed up on that first assignment website. Anyone else have this problem?

How did you find out whether you were A or B?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mountain

New

Post by mountain » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:20 pm

theres a link on the admitted students website to find out your legal writing section

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:37 pm

I haven't figured out if I'm in A or B and there's no section 5 on that link through the ASW :(

On another note, I'm bringing a friend tonight! She's not a law student, but she's good times. Looking forward to it!

greatwhiteway

New

Post by greatwhiteway » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:44 pm

the fledgling wrote:I haven't figured out if I'm in A or B and there's no section 5 on that link through the ASW :(

On another note, I'm bringing a friend tonight! She's not a law student, but she's good times. Looking forward to it!
What does your detailed schedule say? Are you still having legal writing on Thursday afternoon? I got shafted to Monday AM. Boo.

jrock12

Bronze

Post by jrock12 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:49 pm

the fledgling wrote:So my legal writing & research class hasn't showed up on that first assignment website. Anyone else have this problem?
^^^this is actually really annoying, esp. for those who need to do all of the reading this wknd...looks like i'll be up really late one of these nights coming up

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

badlydrawn

Bronze

Post by badlydrawn » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:07 pm

I'm jealous of this online community.

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:18 pm

I got bumped to Monday at 11 too. Double boo. But still, nothing on that site. I emailed the technology help desk about this but they haven't gotten back to me.

greatwhiteway

New

Post by greatwhiteway » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:36 pm

the fledgling wrote:I got bumped to Monday at 11 too. Double boo. But still, nothing on that site. I emailed the technology help desk about this but they haven't gotten back to me.
Looking at the ones that are up on the registrar's website, it seems they're first assignments for legal research next next week... I'm guessing no first assignments for Monday? (please please please please.... :? )

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:41 pm

badlydrawn wrote:I'm jealous of this online community.

why? there are plenty of schools that have a similar deal.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:46 pm

Legal Writing & Research sections are up: --LinkRemoved--

I received an email (on my law account) from Prof. Neustadt letting me know that I'm in Section 5A. I would wager that the rest of you have received/will be receiving this email too.

Still no news about what is or isn't due on Monday...

EDIT: Looks like the sections have been split by alphabetical order.

extremesandwich

New

Post by extremesandwich » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:41 pm

ascremer wrote:
extremesandwich wrote:
revolution724 wrote:I'm planning to come to Magnolia, skipped the bar event in favor of sleep (and not one bit sorry about it, either), and am undecided about the level of review I plan to do for this exam thing. Every 2L I've seen emphatically said not to study for it. Meh.

The closest subway to Shake Shack is at Central Park West and 72nd and it's a B/C stop, incidentally.

I'm doing the same-sex marriage advocacy thing, which sounds like it'll be petitioning in the Bronx. I still sort of wish I was doing the legal observer thing, but moral commitment to a pre-existing pet issue, chance to meet people in OUTLaws, blah blah.

Also, yes on BBQ (assuming they have vegetarian options that are not mushroom options, 'shroom burger notwithstanding), no on bus tour.

Edit: Loan status - it turns out the Rose Hill campus MAILED me a letter (no phone call, no email) saying they need a copy of my Social Security card, presumably because of a name change issue that I told the Law School Financial Aid office about MONTHS AGO, and faxed them copies of every piece of documentation I own. About ready to kill somebody, aye.
I was too tired to come to the thing last night too :( I wanted to though.

I'll try to make it to Magnolia today, but I might be late. We shall see!

Ninja edit: If any of you want to say "hi" to me, I'm the girl with the super tattoo'd back. I'm also always down for drinks.

Good luck on the final to all today! I hear it's impossible to fail, though.
ohhhh i saw your tattoo (or you)
and i was thinking thats a good place to get a tattoo for a lawyer, i was so hesitant getting a tattoo and i got a small one on my back and two on my inner ankles, which im thinking of hiding with band aids in case i interview with conservative lawfirms.
i dont even know if theyd care but in case they do...
Yeah, I worked at a law firm for 2 years prior now. Back is a good, hideable place. Anytime I wear like, a sweater or a blazer or something it's fully covered. Honestly, anywhere but the hands, neck or face can be covered pretty easily by pants and a jacket.

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:03 pm

the fledgling wrote:Legal Writing & Research sections are up: --LinkRemoved--

I received an email (on my law account) from Prof. Neustadt letting me know that I'm in Section 5A. I would wager that the rest of you have received/will be receiving this email too.

Still no news about what is or isn't due on Monday...

EDIT: Looks like the sections have been split by alphabetical order.
I did not receive an email but I found out that I am section 6B. Now what?

heather87

New

Post by heather87 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:19 pm

I'm in 6b too! Wait...what's your name? haha

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

revolution724

Bronze

Post by revolution724 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:34 pm

I got an email, too. Looks like I'm in 4A.

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:44 pm

I have a sore throat! :( Nice going away present, Philly.

Looking at the writing section site. Who uses Word Perfect anymore...

I'm in 5B. Anyone else with me?

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:13 pm

So, uh, is anyone else's professor going to videotape each person in their class as they introduce themselves?

frogandprince

New

Post by frogandprince » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:26 pm

silenziatori wrote:So, uh, is anyone else's professor going to videotape each person in their class as they introduce themselves?
Whoa, what professor is doing that?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:33 pm

The party was a smashing success! My god, I'm exhausted. Thanks for coming, guys!

I'm in 12B, btw. Good times!

heather87

New

Post by heather87 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:25 am

frogandprince wrote:
silenziatori wrote:So, uh, is anyone else's professor going to videotape each person in their class as they introduce themselves?
Denno for Crim . This is the same professor who describes cold-calling/socratic method as "fun chats"

greatwhiteway

New

Post by greatwhiteway » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:47 am

heather87 wrote:
frogandprince wrote:
Denno for Crim . This is the same professor who describes cold-calling/socratic method as "fun chats"
Oh yay. This should be interesting. :roll:

extremesandwich

New

Post by extremesandwich » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:45 am

OperaSoprano wrote:The party was a smashing success! My god, I'm exhausted. Thanks for coming, guys!

I'm in 12B, btw. Good times!
Thank you so much for hosting! It was so much fun! :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”