Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Memories Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
silenziatori

Silver

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Post by silenziatori » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:50 am

OperaSoprano wrote:Also: My roommate and I, and assorted other friends of ours, will be at the Leitner Center brown bag lunch tomorrow. Are any of you guys coming?
I'll be going to the 1L public interest thingie.

As to lunch on Wednesday, 11:30 works better than 12, but for us Section 5ers (and 6ers?...dunno about anyone else...), we'd have to be back in time for our 1PM property class. Other folks wanna chime in on how feasible lunch on Wednesday would be?

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:41 am

silenziatori wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:Also: My roommate and I, and assorted other friends of ours, will be at the Leitner Center brown bag lunch tomorrow. Are any of you guys coming?

As to lunch on Wednesday, 11:30 works better than 12, but for us Section 5ers (and 6ers?...dunno about anyone else...), we'd have to be back in time for our 1PM property class. Other folks wanna chime in on how feasible lunch on Wednesday would be?
lunch at 11.30 really??? 11.30???

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:15 am

silenziatori wrote:

I think Thursday might work better since the timing would be close on Wednesday, especially if we head to the UWS.

On that note, I nominate the Shake Shack. :D

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:31 am

ascremer wrote:
silenziatori wrote:

I'm usually really hungry by that time because I suck at eating breakfast.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:38 am

silenziatori wrote:
ascremer wrote:
silenziatori wrote:

I'm usually really hungry by that time because I suck at eating breakfast.
I can meet you guys later, since I don't have class until 6. I think we just have to line up the gaps between people's classes.

We have the housing advocacy meeting on Thurs, so I think they're giving us lunch then.

If we don't mind going 10+ blocks north, there are a ton of options. I don't think there's anything I can eat at Shake Shack, though. :cry: I'm a fan of this place, because it's really cute, and there's probably something for everyone: --LinkRemoved--

My roommate really loves Empanada Mama, which is in the other direction. My real favorites are all the cute Thai and Indian places in the west 70s and 80s, but we might need more time to get to them. Earthen Oven has the most amazing lunch buffet ever. It's on Columbus and 72nd.

Out of curiousity, what are people's labor day plans? Is anyone going to do anything besides study?

We're going to the Leitner Center thing in an hour. Crim Law reading is officially done.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

greatwhiteway

New

Post by greatwhiteway » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:13 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
I can meet you guys later, since I don't have class until 6. I think we just have to line up the gaps between people's classes.

We have the housing advocacy meeting on Thurs, so I think they're giving us lunch then.

If we don't mind going 10+ blocks north, there are a ton of options. I don't think there's anything I can eat at Shake Shack, though. :cry: I'm a fan of this place, because it's really cute, and there's probably something for everyone: --LinkRemoved--

My roommate really loves Empanada Mama, which is in the other direction. My real favorites are all the cute Thai and Indian places in the west 70s and 80s, but we might need more time to get to them. Earthen Oven has the most amazing lunch buffet ever. It's on Columbus and 72nd.

Out of curiousity, what are people's labor day plans? Is anyone going to do anything besides study?

We're going to the Leitner Center thing in an hour. Crim Law reading is officially done.
Isn't the housing advocacy thing today? And the other one's not till next Thursday?
I'm down with whatever though, so I'll leave this to people familiar with the area... as long as Section 5 makes it back in time for Property at 1 if we do Wednesday... I don't feel like getting picked on for being late :D

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:13 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:I can meet you guys later, since I don't have class until 6. I think we just have to line up the gaps between people's classes.

You can eat a shroom burger at Shake Shack. It is fucking awesome. I'm interested in Empanada Mama too.

If we're talking about a little later on Wednesday, I think I have class until 2:20 and then I have Stein at 4:30, so anytime between then would work for me. Does that time slot work better for everyone else?

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:25 pm

I <3 Empanada Mama, though its small and can be very crowded during lunch. I think the 2:30 option works better for Wednesday in general, but even more so if we agree to Empanada Mama.

I'll eat pretty much anywhere though. I've been curious to try Lansky's (they look like they have a terrific happy hour) and Earthen Oven does look pretty sweet. I'd also recommend Sido--falafel place on Columbus between 72nd and 73rd. Closer to Fordham, I'd recommend Chai on 8th and 55th (good Thai food) and I've been dying to try B Bap on 9th between 55th and 54th (Korean food).

:D

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:29 pm

silenziatori wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:I can meet you guys later, since I don't have class until 6. I think we just have to line up the gaps between people's classes.

You can eat a shroom burger at Shake Shack. It is fucking awesome. I'm interested in Empanada Mama too.

If we're talking about a little later on Wednesday, I think I have class until 2:20 and then I have Stein at 4:30, so anytime between then would work for me. Does that time slot work better for everyone else?
2:30 is fine for me if other people get done with their 1pm classes then.

I have to be really careful what I eat, though. :cry: I think Empanada Mama has things without cheese. I eat a ton of ethnic food, since that's the easiest way to get cheap, delicious things that make my tummy happy. NYC is really good about that!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:34 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
silenziatori wrote:

I have to be really careful what I eat, though. :cry: I think Empanada Mama has things without cheese. I eat a ton of ethnic food, since that's the easiest way to get cheap, delicious things that make my tummy happy. NYC is really good about that!
Oh no, wait, you can't have the shroom burger then, as it has a cheese filling. :(

jrock12

Bronze

Post by jrock12 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:39 pm

the fledgling wrote:I <3 Empanada Mama, though its small and can be very crowded during lunch. I think the 2:30 option works better for Wednesday in general, but even more so if we agree to Empanada Mama.

I'll eat pretty much anywhere though. I've been curious to try Lansky's (they look like they have a terrific happy hour) and Earthen Oven does look pretty sweet. I'd also recommend Sido--falafel place on Columbus between 72nd and 73rd. Closer to Fordham, I'd recommend Chai on 8th and 55th (good Thai food) and I've been dying to try B Bap on 9th between 55th and 54th (Korean food).

:D
sido is great....you really cant beat a falafel and hummous sandwich....the hot sauce is killer

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:40 pm

silenziatori wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
silenziatori wrote:

Oh no, wait, you can't have the shroom burger then, as it has a cheese filling. :(
My roommate told me. :cry: I like normal veggie burgers, though. I'm so glad this city has so many options! There's a lot that I can eat, and I try to be a foodie in my own, broke way. :mrgreen:

Ascremer can do 2:30. I'll check with my roommate, since she's in section 7.

EDIT: <3 falafel. Is there seating room in that place?

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:38 pm

Sido definitely has seating outside, about six tables, and maybe a table or two or three inside, I can't quite remember.

If tomorrow at 2:30 works for everyone, what's the consensus?

So far it looks like its between Sido and Empanada Mama. Does anyone vehemently hate either of these options?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:23 pm

the fledgling wrote:Sido definitely has seating outside, about six tables, and maybe a table or two or three inside, I can't quite remember.

If tomorrow at 2:30 works for everyone, what's the consensus?

So far it looks like its between Sido and Empanada Mama. Does anyone vehemently hate either of these options?
2:30 works for me. I'm fine with either.

greatwhiteway

New

Post by greatwhiteway » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:29 pm

We have enough places on this page to fill a whole month's worth of food trips.

Just looking at menupages... I'm thinking Empanada Mama is a more appropriate apres-class snack. :D

Edit: fledgling, that Korean place looks good! And we still need to get dimsum! :D

Ok enough menupages, more contracts...

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:38 pm

Yes, anyone interested in dim sum in chinatown at some point in the near(ish) future?

extremesandwich

New

Post by extremesandwich » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:32 pm

So, after an odd series of events I realized far too late that I forgot my property syllabus :oops: Any still awake section 5 people care to post the assignment? I promise I'm not usually this much of a procrastinator.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:34 pm

the fledgling wrote:Yes, anyone interested in dim sum in chinatown at some point in the near(ish) future?

I think there is a dim sum place near you, right?

I saw it on the way while I was walking to the barber.

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:35 pm

extremesandwich wrote:So, after an odd series of events I realized far too late that I forgot my property syllabus :oops: Any still awake section 5 people care to post the assignment? I promise I'm not usually this much of a procrastinator.
Pages 86-93!

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:35 pm

extremesandwich wrote:So, after an odd series of events I realized far too late that I forgot my property syllabus :oops: Any still awake section 5 people care to post the assignment? I promise I'm not usually this much of a procrastinator.

The prof did not post it online?

extremesandwich

New

Post by extremesandwich » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:35 pm

the fledgling wrote:
Pages 86-93!
You're the best :D

Thankyouthankyou
sentinal5656 wrote:

The prof did not post it online?
As far as I know she only gave it in class.
Last edited by extremesandwich on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:36 pm

People are sleeping at 10:30PM?

The assignment for tomorrow is 86-93. Consider it lube for Friday's assignment, 93-129.

Jeez, y'all are on top of your quick response game. Stupid-ass ninja!
Last edited by silenziatori on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:36 pm

sentinal5656 wrote:
the fledgling wrote:Yes, anyone interested in dim sum in chinatown at some point in the near(ish) future?

I think there is a dim sum place near you, right?

I saw it on the way while I was walking to the barber.
Really?? I will have to check that out. Haven't found a good Chinese place up here yet.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:36 pm

k, We need to pick a place. We're down to falafel on the UWS, or empanadas or Korean in HK. I'm flexible. I walked by Sido (the falafel and hummus place) today, and saw outdoor tables, which looked perfect for congregating, but those empanadas sound good, too.

Yay for us all catching up on gossip!

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:36 pm

whats final location
i know time is 2.30pm

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”