Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Memories Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
Bankhead

Silver

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Post by Bankhead » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:50 pm

Just withdrew. I've decided on Indiana.

It was quite sad for me to give up Fordham. I've been an admit for the past 9 months; I almost feel like I'm transferring!

You guys would have been great classmates. I wish you all the best of luck. Enjoy NYC for me.

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:52 pm

nitsudrx wrote:Just withdrew. I've decided on Indiana.

It was quite sad for me to give up Fordham. I've been an admit for the past 9 months; I almost feel like I'm transferring!

You guys would have been great classmates. I wish you all the best of luck. Enjoy NYC for me.

EDIT: My final gift to you all was bumping this to 40 pages!
Sorry to see you leave. Hope everything goes great in Indiana. And wow, you've been admitted for a while now! :shock:

jrock12

Bronze

Post by jrock12 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:57 pm

i believe nitsu was actually the first TLS admit (started the 'accepted at fordham' thread)

ZXCVBNM

Bronze

Post by ZXCVBNM » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:58 pm

silenziatori wrote:From another thread about Fordham:
dhkny5 wrote:Top 10% at fordham law 2011 is 3.57, 25% is 3.38, 33% is 3.31 and 50% is 3.19. Deans list is 3.56 and law rev. takes the top 29 people through grading on.
what are the GPA's for different grades? I assume A is 4.0 but what is an A- or B+ ?

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:05 pm

ZXCVBNM wrote:
silenziatori wrote:From another thread about Fordham:
dhkny5 wrote:Top 10% at fordham law 2011 is 3.57, 25% is 3.38, 33% is 3.31 and 50% is 3.19. Deans list is 3.56 and law rev. takes the top 29 people through grading on.
what are the GPA's for different grades? I assume A is 4.0 but what is an A- or B+ ?

Rule 9. Except for pass/fail courses, the standing of students will be indicated by the following letter grades. For the purposes of calculating weighted averages, numerical equivalents will be used for the letter grades as follows:

A+ 4.3
A 4.0
A- 3.7
B+ 3.3
B 3.0
B- 2.7
C+ 2.3
C 2.0
C- 1.7
D 1.0
F 0.0

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:24 pm

geoanthem wrote:Hmm, I'm not even sure. But I really like the rooftop bar 230 Fifth (located on 230 Fifth Avenue)
this is a coincidence!
i am right now in istanbul, turkey and i was looking for someone's business card in my mother's purse and saw the card for 230 fifth avenue and 15 minutes later im reading this post!
small world!
she said she liked it there a lot, so maybe one of the next meetings should be there??!?

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:27 pm

jrock12 wrote:
geoanthem wrote:
the fledgling wrote:
jrock12 wrote:maybe i'm old fashioned but i still love pj clarke's burgers...luckily theres one right across the street
I don't think I've ever had a P.J. Clarke's burger. Suppose I should correct that.
I love PJ Clarke's, though the original location 10 blocks away from my apartment (55th and 3rd) is better.
i work directly across the street from there

we order lunch from there alot....they also have a pretty awesome buffalo chicken sandwich
not close to fordham but NYU (I went there for undergrad)
= corner cafe
dos caminos
mercbar
bar pitti!

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:27 pm

ascremer wrote:
geoanthem wrote:Hmm, I'm not even sure. But I really like the rooftop bar 230 Fifth (located on 230 Fifth Avenue)
this is a coincidence!
i am right now in istanbul, turkey and i was looking for someone's business card in my mother's purse and saw the card for 230 fifth avenue and 15 minutes later im reading this post!
small world!
she said she liked it there a lot, so maybe one of the next meetings should be there??!?
Yeah, it looks like a cool place. I appreciate their veggie menu options.

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:28 pm

Does anyone know what the deal with the cafeteria on the bottom floor Fordham is? Do we get meal plans?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:30 pm

I think Dos Caminos is perhaps the most overrates Mexican place in the city. Its really expensive, and not that tasty.

As for 230 Fifth. I'd be willing to do another meeting there, as long as its nice out, and not a weekend as it can get pretty busy on the roof. The drinks are pretty expensive there though.

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:31 pm

geoanthem wrote:I think Dos Caminos is perhaps the most overrates Mexican place in the city. Its really expensive, and not that tasty.

As for 230 Fifth. I'd be willing to do another meeting there, as long as its nice out, and not a weekend as it can get pretty busy on the roof. The drinks are pretty expensive there though.
Word? So where's a reasonably priced bar near Fordham we can all hang out at?

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:33 pm

silenziatori wrote:
geoanthem wrote:I think Dos Caminos is perhaps the most overrates Mexican place in the city. Its really expensive, and not that tasty.

Word? So where's a reasonably priced bar near Fordham we can all hang out at?
I don't really make it up to the UWS very often though I have heard Bourbon Street bar is pretty good but its further north at 79th and Amsterdam.

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:36 pm

my friends go there for the tequila
i go for desert =)
they have this one dish which looks like crepe and half of it is with green sauce and the other half with a brown sauce, NEVER order that! i did that mistake twice! other than that as long as they have good desert and my friends are having fun, every place is good!
i like sitting outside at Dos Cominos on a summer day and not leave until they force me to =)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:37 pm

ascremer wrote:

i go for desert =)
they have this one dish which looks like crepe and half of it is with green sauce and the other half with a brown sauce, NEVER order that! i did that mistake twice! other than that as long as they have good desert and my friends are having fun, every place is good!
i like sitting outside at Dos Cominos on a summer day and not leave until they force me to =)
El Rio Grande is closeby in Murray Hill, you can sit outside and has great food. You should try it.

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:41 pm

geoanthem wrote:
ascremer wrote:

i go for desert =)
El Rio Grande is closeby in Murray Hill, you can sit outside and has great food. You should try it.
i was talking about the one on west broadway and houston but i will def follow your advice once school starts
thanks!

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:44 pm

have you guys bought the book for legal process?

and also, in case you have contacted the admissions office, registrar,student services or any dept at fordham law, has anyone received any response? before accepting the offer, i basically talked on the phone with someone from the admissions twice a day for a week and now they dont respond to my emails for weeks! am i the only one?

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:46 pm

ascremer wrote:have you guys bought the book for legal process?

and also, in case you have contacted the admissions office, registrar,student services or any dept at fordham law, has anyone received any response? before accepting the offer, i basically talked on the phone with someone from the admissions twice a day for a week and now they dont respond to my emails for weeks! am i the only one?
Haven't gotten the book for legal process. I don't know why it isn't readily available on Amazon (at least the past editions, I know the new one may not have yet been released). You would think they'd sell more copies that way, and that that would be a good thing.

That's weird re the administration. I've gotten someone each time I've called and have had my questions answered. I can try for you if it's nothing personal?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:50 pm

silenziatori wrote:

Haven't gotten the book for legal process. I don't know why it isn't readily available on Amazon (at least the past editions, I know the new one may not have yet been released). You would think they'd sell more copies that way, and that that would be a good thing.

That's weird re the administration. I've gotten someone each time I've called and have had my questions answered. I can try for you if it's nothing personal?
I just got the book from Barrister Books, and received it yesterday, I believe it was the only one they had in stock.

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:55 pm

silenziatori wrote:

Well I wanted them to mail the required reading to a different address than mine NJ instead of Brooklyn), because I am overseas and in case they cant mail it overseas there is someone who will be flying here on July 18th. I was hoping they'd be able to send it out before the person gets here so I can read it on time. I am not coming back till a day before orientation and the only way i can contact the office is through email! god knows how many times i've emailed them the same exact letter but no response =(
thank you so much for offering to contact them. id really appreciate if you tried calling them for me

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:56 pm

geoanthem wrote:
silenziatori wrote:

I just got the book from Barrister Books, and received it yesterday, I believe it was the only one they had in stock.
I'm thinking of getting it from Lexis today. How much did you pay?

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:56 pm

I believe it was around $43. How much is it on Lexis?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:58 pm

geoanthem wrote:I believe it was around $43. How much is it on Lexis?
$ 45

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:01 pm

I hope we get to find out what books we need to buy early enough to order them from the internet. Need to stretch that living expenses budget...

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Shit. On-campus housing is expensive. I'm definitely GA'ing it or sharing an off-campus apartment for 2nd year.
Last edited by silenziatori on Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:47 pm

I'm honored. Honored. Seriously, if anyone in this thread makes me start crying again, I'm going to kill all of you!

--ImageRemoved--

EDIT: My roommate and I just found an amazing apartment today. It's on W68th, half a block from the park. If all goes well, and we are approved, everyone has to come over and drink with us!

This is the 1,000th post for Fordham.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”