Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Memories Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
OperaSoprano

Gold

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:54 am

the fledgling wrote:Domestic Violence Action Center and the Unemployment Action Center for me. I missed the fundraising for summer funding thing. Anyway I can get in on that?
If I get an email from them, I'll forward it to you. Would you forward me the Unemployment Action Center info when you get it? I forgot to sign the mailing list.

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:25 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
the fledgling wrote:Domestic Violence Action Center and the Unemployment Action Center for me. I missed the fundraising for summer funding thing. Anyway I can get in on that?
If I get an email from them, I'll forward it to you. Would you forward me the Unemployment Action Center info when you get it? I forgot to sign the mailing list.
Deal!

And are you interviewing the dean today? If so best of luck!

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:35 am

the fledgling wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
Deal!

And are you interviewing the dean today? If so best of luck!
Oh, yes! I'll have news soon!

extremesandwich

New

Post by extremesandwich » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:21 pm

I signed up for the Domest Violence group, the Amnesty International group, and the Animal Rights group. I'm actually most excited about the animal one.

Mmmm...sleeping in today was soooooooo nice.

Anyone else get the refund from their loan money? Mine's still MIA and I'm poor :(

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:28 pm

extremesandwich wrote:Anyone else get the refund from their loan money? Mine's still MIA and I'm poor :(
My account balance says zero but nothing was deposited into my account (yet) :shock:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

frogandprince

New

Post by frogandprince » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:51 pm

I couldn't go to the club thing, but I wanted to sign up with the Law Students Against Trafficking and learn more about them :(

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:15 pm

Good news for everyone! Fordham has your money, and you'll be getting in within the next couple of days. Some people have their disbursements already.

In other news, the interview was a success! Dean Brown gave me over two hours of his time. He called the school a magical place... I'm not the only one who says things like that, lol. Also, he knows who a couple of people are, but unless you are ridiculously obvious, there is nothing to worry about. He doesn't want to interfere with TLS, though he sometimes drops by, and yes, he follows this thread. Mostly, he wants us to be happy at the school. He's really refreshingly forthright, and I was pleased to get to talk to him again.

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:35 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:Good news for everyone! Fordham has your money, and you'll be getting in within the next couple of days. Some people have their disbursements already.

In other news, the interview was a success! Dean Brown gave me over two hours of his time. He called the school a magical place... I'm not the only one who says things like that, lol. Also, he knows who a couple of people are, but unless you are ridiculously obvious, there is nothing to worry about. He doesn't want to interfere with TLS, though he sometimes drops by, and yes, he follows this thread. Mostly, he wants us to be happy at the school. He's really refreshingly forthright, and I was pleased to get to talk to him again.

my status still says 2438092483 dollars owed!

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:38 pm

sentinal5656 wrote:my status still says 2438092483 dollars owed!
Yikes.

p.s. I'm heading out to the PI networking event soon!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:51 pm

sentinal5656 wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:Good news for everyone! Fordham has your money, and you'll be getting in within the next couple of days. Some people have their disbursements already.

Has your lender said anything? My loan was only approved a week ago, and the school has my money already. If you don't hear anything by Monday, email he school to be sure. He checked on my loans for me, which was really awesome.

Will you be at happy hour tonight? My roommate wants to go. If I'm not dead exhausted by then...

extremesandwich

New

Post by extremesandwich » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:58 pm

I feel bad that I keep skipping the bar night things. :(

Is anyone going to the one tomorrow? Also, I'm kind of bummed about the game thing being postponed.

frogandprince

New

Post by frogandprince » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:08 pm

extremesandwich wrote:I feel bad that I keep skipping the bar night things. :(

Is anyone going to the one tomorrow? Also, I'm kind of bummed about the game thing being postponed.
I'm sad about the olympics too! I was really looking forward to seeing some water balloon tossing, haha.

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:01 pm

sentinal5656 wrote:

my debt to the school just dropped 11 thousand dollars, im expecting them to send me my refund soon!!
Also I talked to Judith McNatt yesterday, she said that they began sending out checks last Thursday and will continue for the next 2-3 weeks and then it will slow down.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:02 pm

i havent been to one bar night yet.
and the only outside of school socializing ive done was Opera Soprano's house party!

i didnt know about the club fair? when was this?

extremesandwich

New

Post by extremesandwich » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:27 pm

ascremer wrote:

i havent been to one bar night yet.
and the only outside of school socializing ive done was Opera Soprano's house party!

i didnt know about the club fair? when was this?
Same with me :oops: I might go to the one tomorrow depending on what I feel like.

The club thing was yesterday. I'm pretty sure they're doing another soon though, so don't worry.

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:41 pm

[i didnt know about the club fair? when was this?[/quote]

Same with me :oops: I might go to the one tomorrow depending on what I feel like.

The club thing was yesterday. I'm pretty sure they're doing another soon though, so don't worry.[/quote]

great! did we get an email about this? how was i supposed to know?

uphill

New

Post by uphill » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:21 am

We just saw someone come from the atrium with neon colored flyers, and said, "hey are you going to the activity expo thing?"

Thats how we found out; also had no idea it was happening. Might've been in an email?

Probably next week or the one after will have another event like this.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:59 am

We still have beer left from our party. All the other stuff ran out, lol. We should do something over the weekend, if the weather isn't completely horrific.

I can't believe we've been 1Ls for two weeks now. Seriously... wow.

extremesandwich

New

Post by extremesandwich » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:39 am

We should do something soon to celebrate surviving thus far :D

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:56 am

extremesandwich wrote:We should do something soon to celebrate surviving thus far :D
really already?

Woodbane77

New

Post by Woodbane77 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:19 am

EDIT: Scratch that! I got my refund.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:58 pm

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:49 pm

What's that?

OperaSoprano

Gold