Iowa 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
Lawguru

Bronze

Re: Iowa 2012

Post by Lawguru » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:14 pm

scott82 wrote:
isustudent wrote:What all tax forms did you send in with your IVF?
Just my federal return.

I didn't send one in. Since I hadn't received my tax return stuff yet, I just said I wouldn't be filing. The lady in the office said I could change it when I DID file my return, but so I can get my package I should just send in the form ASAP. I make so little that it wouldn't matter if I filed or not.

isustudent

New

Post by isustudent » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:40 pm

I was looking for more specifics... like what parts of your federal return? I called the financial aid office and they told me I needed to send in my schedule A and schedule B, but I don't have those.. Am I supposed to? Do I need to send in all the sheets entitled salaries and wages reports and the two year comparison report, or do I just need to send in the US individual Income tax return sheet (that is two pages?) The woman with financial aid was not helpful at all.

scott82

Bronze

Post by scott82 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:29 pm

isustudent wrote:I was looking for more specifics... like what parts of your federal return? I called the financial aid office and they told me I needed to send in my schedule A and schedule B, but I don't have those.. Am I supposed to? Do I need to send in all the sheets entitled salaries and wages reports and the two year comparison report, or do I just need to send in the US individual Income tax return sheet (that is two pages?) The woman with financial aid was not helpful at all.
Which form did you file? I filed 1040EZ, which is what most poor college students do, so I only had the one page to submit with my FAFSA. You would only have schedules A&B if you filed form 1040, I believe.

isustudent

New

Post by isustudent » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:34 pm

I think I filed a 1040, I'm not sure. Tax stuff is way over my head :/ I called again and she basically said just to copy and send in everything, so hopefully that will be enough!

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:11 pm

isustudent wrote:I think I filed a 1040, I'm not sure. Tax stuff is way over my head :/ I called again and she basically said just to copy and send in everything, so hopefully that will be enough!
I'm going to send pretty mucn everything that came with my 1040 - Schedule B, Education Credits, Deductions Worsheet, Salary/Wage Report, etc. Better they have everything than be missing one sheet and have to wait even more.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Lawguru

Bronze

Post by Lawguru » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:16 pm

I'm curious to know when the FA packages come out. I'm hoping before the deposit is due so I can make a decision on where to go. Iowa is probs where I'll wind up, but knwoing if I get any need based grants, etc., would greatly help.

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:19 pm

Lawguru wrote:I'm curious to know when the FA packages come out. I'm hoping before the deposit is due so I can make a decision on where to go. Iowa is probs where I'll wind up, but knwoing if I get any need based grants, etc., would greatly help.
Ditto. My choice is basically between Iowa and another school that gave me a lot of $.

Another IVF question: Did anybody else actually wait for that "postcard" to come or did you just print it out, fill it out, and send it? I printed and filled it out, but I'm wondering if I need to wait. Otherwise, I may just take it with me this weekend.

Lawguru

Bronze

Post by Lawguru » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:21 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:
Lawguru wrote:I'm curious to know when the FA packages come out. I'm hoping before the deposit is due so I can make a decision on where to go. Iowa is probs where I'll wind up, but knwoing if I get any need based grants, etc., would greatly help.
Ditto. My choice is basically between Iowa and another school that gave me a lot of $.

Another IVF question: Did anybody else actually wait for that "postcard" to come or did you just print it out, fill it out, and send it? I printed and filled it out, but I'm wondering if I need to wait. Otherwise, I may just take it with me this weekend.
Printed one, filled it out, and two days later my status was updated saying my application was being reviewed for aid. It is a pretty quick turn around since we all seem to be slightly ahead of the game right now.

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:23 pm

Lawguru wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote:

Printed one, filled it out, and two days later my status was updated saying my application was being reviewed for aid. It is a pretty quick turn around since we all seem to be slightly ahead of the game right now.
Hmmm....

I'll be back. Must go to post office before mail is sent....

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:03 pm

So, with ASW behind us and a lot of people convinced I was curious - who all will be joining me in becoming a Hawkeye this fall?

Great to hear from everyone. So far:

Iowa Law, Class of 2012
crystalhawkeye
rainmaker614
mikeytwoshoes
Whitty
scott82
Lawguru
NorseHawk
Brick Tamland
New Madrid
isustudent
ElmGrant
Last edited by crystalhawkeye on Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:59 pm, edited 8 times in total.

rainmaker614

Bronze

Post by rainmaker614 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:08 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:So, with ASW behind us and a lot of people convinced I was curious - who all will be joining me in becoming a Hawkeye this fall?
Me! Actually planning on signing on an apartment this week and its almost harder to decide on than choosing a school was.

mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:13 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:So, with ASW behind us and a lot of people convinced I was curious - who all will be joining me in becoming a Hawkeye this fall?
Assuming NYU doesn't bite, Mikeyhawkeye.

Whitty

Bronze

Post by Whitty » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:20 pm

Don't forget about meeeee!! :mrgreen:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:21 pm

Whitty wrote:

Don't forget about meeeee!! :mrgreen:
'Course not! Just needed the official confirmation.

scott82

Bronze

Post by scott82 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:23 pm

I'll be there, come hell or (please god not two years in a row) high water.

mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:52 pm

scott82 wrote:I'll be there, come hell or (please god not two years in a row) high water.
You'd rather have hell than high water? Not that high water doesn't suck. :o

mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:54 pm

Click for a virtual tour of the old capitol museum: http://www.uiowa.edu/~oldcap/tour_intro.shtml. Check how small the Supreme Court Chamber is. :|

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

New Madrid

New

Post by New Madrid » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:25 am

Iowa Law, Class of 2012
crystalhawkeye
rainmaker614
mikeytwoshoes
Whitty
scott82
I'm very, very close. I've decided to visit my other top contenders next week just to make certain. ASD brought me to 98% certainty, though.

New Madrid

New

Post by New Madrid » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:26 am

mikeytwoshoes wrote:Click for a virtual tour of the old capitol museum: http://www.uiowa.edu/~oldcap/tour_intro.shtml. Check how small the Supreme Court Chamber is. :|
If I could live there, my decision would be made!!!

rainmaker614

Bronze

Post by rainmaker614 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:27 am

New Madrid wrote:

Iowa Law, Class of 2012
crystalhawkeye
rainmaker614
mikeytwoshoes
Whitty
scott82
I'm very, very close. I've decided to visit my other top contenders next week just to make certain. ASD brought me to 98% certainty, though.
Don't let the competition sway you with their bait and switch tactics! lol jk, enjoy!

Lawguru

Bronze

Post by Lawguru » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:31 am

ADD ME!!!!! I will be there this fall fo sho

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

NorseHawk

New

Post by NorseHawk » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:53 am

Iowa Law, Class of 2012
crystalhawkeye
rainmaker614
mikeytwoshoes
Whitty
scott82
I will be. I made my decision well before ASD (like, basically as soon as I saw the subject line of the "congratulations on being accepted" e-mail), but it made me feel even better about it. I'm also in the process of trying to find somewhere to live.

Brick Tamland

New

Post by Brick Tamland » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:15 am

Iowa Law, Class of 2012
crystalhawkeye
rainmaker614
mikeytwoshoes
Whitty
scott82
Brick Tamland

I love lamp. And I love Iowa.

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:59 pm

Added Brick, lawguru, norsehawk.

Also bumping, heh.

mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:51 pm

mikeytwoshoes wrote:
Assuming NYU doesn't bite, Mikeyhawkeye.
I just realized what my Iowa themed screen name should be: Mikehawk. :mrgreen:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”