Maurer School of Law-Indiana University Bloomington 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
thisbigolclub

New

Maurer School of Law-Indiana University Bloomington 2012

Post by thisbigolclub » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:45 pm

Has anyone decided to to Bloomington for law school next fall?

WSULeifJ

New

Re: Maurer School of Law-Indiana University Bloomington 2012

Post by WSULeifJ » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:58 am

thisbigolclub wrote:Has anyone decided to to Bloomington for law school next fall?
I just got accepted and it's on the short list for sure. I'll pay them a visit in March.

a11 1n

Bronze

Post by a11 1n » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:32 pm

Last edited by a11 1n on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kiwislug

Bronze

Post by kiwislug » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:37 pm

In w/ $: 3.4/167 applied in December sometime

a11 1n

Bronze

Post by a11 1n » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:40 pm

kiwislug wrote:In w/ $: 3.4/167 applied in December sometime
God its amazing how a few bubbles on the LSAT can alter your future.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kiwislug

Bronze

Post by kiwislug » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:42 pm

a11 1n wrote:
=( yeah

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:44 pm

a11 1n wrote:
Amen.

Haven't heard yet, but I hope to get in. Based on what I've read/heard, it'd be a real contender.

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:21 pm

a11 1n wrote:
If it's "just a few bubbles" then why not retake?

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:24 pm

rayiner wrote:
a11 1n wrote:
Already did. Made no difference. And I mean none.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

RATRATRAT

Bronze

Post by RATRATRAT » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:27 pm

rayiner wrote:
a11 1n wrote:
What does that mean?

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:35 pm

RATRATRAT wrote:
rayiner wrote:
a11 1n wrote:
What does that mean?
A few bubbles = a few LSAT points. If such a difference in outcome (which can = a huge difference in one's future) comes down to choosing the answer for only a few questions, why not try again (to do better)?

RATRATRAT

Bronze

Post by RATRATRAT » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:21 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote: A few bubbles = a few LSAT points. If such a difference in outcome (which can = a huge difference in one's future) comes down to choosing the answer for only a few questions, why not try again (to do better)?
It's just a few bubbles b/w a decent score & a great score--why don't they all just retake & get a 180? Just b/c it's only a few bubbles doesn't mean that it's easy to know which ones to choose. It's just one test & it determines so much, why not get a good grade on it? That logic doesn't really follow for me.

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:37 pm

RATRATRAT wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote: A few bubbles = a few LSAT points. If such a difference in outcome (which can = a huge difference in one's future) comes down to choosing the answer for only a few questions, why not try again (to do better)?
It's just a few bubbles b/w a decent score & a great score--why don't they all just retake & get a 180? Just b/c it's only a few bubbles doesn't mean that it's easy to know which ones to choose. It's just one test & it determines so much, why not get a good grade on it? That logic doesn't really follow for me.
Oh I agree. I did re-take. And it did nothing for my score. That's why I'm not re-taking again.

It's like saying "It's just 30 extra pounds. Just lift it!" Easier said than done. Just a few questions... under timed conditions, knowing the importance of what you're taking, thinking how your future relies on this three-digit number. Oh, I understand.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

RATRATRAT

Bronze

Post by RATRATRAT » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:57 pm

lol, exactly

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:42 am

RATRATRAT wrote:
My point is that if a "few bubbles" is a trivial thing, as the OP implied, then it should be possible to retake the test, get a few more points, and go where you want to go. If you've already put 100% into preparing, have retaken, and still can't get past a certain number, then maybe the difference actually being measured by the test isn't as trivial as implied.

crystalhawkeye: My post wasn't really in response to you. If you've maxed out, you've maxed out. But I think that everyone who finds themselves not getting into the school they want because of a few points on the LSAT owes it to themselves to study their ass off (at least 3 months), retake, and max out their score. Not everybody will improve, but a lot of people will and their options will be a lot better for it.

RATRATRAT

Bronze

Post by RATRATRAT » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:34 pm

I don't think that's what that person was implying at all. I think they were just marveling at the fact that if you only knew which bubble to fill in for a few more bubbles, it could have made the difference b/w where you go to school, how much debt you're in, & how much you get paid. Quite an impact for just a few more bubbles. His point was pretty obvious, I thought . . .

a11 1n

Bronze

Post by a11 1n » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:46 pm

RATRATRAT wrote:I don't think that's what that person was implying at all. I think they were just marveling at the fact that if you only knew which bubble to fill in for a few more bubbles, it could have made the difference b/w where you go to school, how much debt you're in, & how much you get paid. Quite an impact for just a few more bubbles. His point was pretty obvious, I thought . . .
Spot on.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:48 pm

a11 1n wrote:
RATRATRAT wrote:I don't think that's what that person was implying at all. I think they were just marveling at the fact that if you only knew which bubble to fill in for a few more bubbles, it could have made the difference b/w where you go to school, how much debt you're in, & how much you get paid. Quite an impact for just a few more bubbles. His point was pretty obvious, I thought . . .
Spot on.
Indeed. :)

WSULeifJ

New

Post by WSULeifJ » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:06 pm

I keep seeing this one get bumped the last couple of days and hope it's more people going to Indiana. :) I'm still undecided, won't be decided for another 7 weeks, but my leaning is in Bloomington's direction.

Got a call from an Indiana 3L today, just asking me if I had any questions. I appreciate the effort they're putting into recruiting me, they definitely go above and beyond. Really looking forward to that campus visit in a month.
Last edited by WSULeifJ on Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zettsscores40

Gold

Post by zettsscores40 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:12 pm

A lawyer I interned for this summer went to IUB. Said it was awesome, loved it. Definitely one of the schools I'll be looking at. Anyone know where most IUB grads end up? How do they place in Chicago?

zettsscores40

Gold

Post by zettsscores40 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:15 pm

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

WSULeifJ

New

Post by WSULeifJ » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:31 pm

Thanks though, that's a useful link. I do wish it had a bit more mobility to get me back to the west if that's where I want to practice, but I'm inclined to just go to the best school possible since I don't have a crystal ball that will tell me where I'll want to be in a few years. I want to see more of the country anyway.

zettsscores40

Gold

Post by zettsscores40 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:37 pm

WSULeifJ wrote:Thanks though, that's a useful link. I do wish it had a bit more mobility to get me back to the west if that's where I want to practice, but I'm inclined to just go to the best school possible since I don't have a crystal ball that will tell me where I'll want to be in a few years. I want to see more of the country anyway.
Might have to stay and work in the midwest at first, but transferring within your company if you so wish after a couple of years shouldn't be too bad, I think.

WSULeifJ

New

Post by WSULeifJ » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:19 pm

zettsscores40 wrote:
WSULeifJ wrote:Thanks though, that's a useful link. I do wish it had a bit more mobility to get me back to the west if that's where I want to practice, but I'm inclined to just go to the best school possible since I don't have a crystal ball that will tell me where I'll want to be in a few years. I want to see more of the country anyway.
Might have to stay and work in the midwest at first, but transferring within your company if you so wish after a couple of years shouldn't be too bad, I think.
Agreed. At this point I'm deciding between Indiana and Wake Forest; the only school that can make me think about staying relatively west is Arizona if they decide to take me. That one's still pending. I'm not going to stress much right now about whether or not I can get moved back west immediately after graduating...three years from now, maybe I'll WANT to stay out in that area for a while. A lot happens in that period of time.
Last edited by WSULeifJ on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WSULeifJ

New

Post by WSULeifJ » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:39 pm

Bump. Anyone else thinking Bloomington is their next home?

They've got me leaning more and more in their direction all the time. They put one of their 3L's in touch with me, she's been extremely helpful and has now put me in touch with a housing contact who's going to help me scout out housing when I visit next month. I really like what they've got to offer; between that and the fact that they're offering me money while Wake Forest isn't, they've got the chance to secure my enrollment when I visit in three weeks, if I like it there as much as I hope I will.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”