Minnesota '12 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
SpAcEmAn SpLiFF

Bronze

Re: Minnesota '12

Post by SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Thu May 21, 2009 3:48 pm

Paul wrote:Spacemanspliff of JDU? Are you goading us to say something stupid?
thats someone else. im og spliff

Paul

New

Post by Paul » Thu May 21, 2009 6:09 pm

Yeah, I hadn't looked at the profile. 1700+ posts, that would be quite a double life. And to your question, I don't really know. Minnesota doesn't appear to place well in other major cities, but self-selection and not knowing where the 19% that clerk end up could make this appearance pretty false.

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF

Bronze

Post by SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Fri May 22, 2009 1:53 pm

Paul wrote:Yeah, I hadn't looked at the profile. 1700+ posts, that would be quite a double life. And to your question, I don't really know. Minnesota doesn't appear to place well in other major cities, but self-selection and not knowing where the 19% that clerk end up could make this appearance pretty false.
hmmm...i had pretty much decided to go to boston college already, but that was because i thought that minnesota, if they let me in at all, wouldnt give me a penny. now they actually gave me more than bc, and theyre higher ranked :?

Spaceman_Stiff

New

Post by Spaceman_Stiff » Fri May 22, 2009 4:02 pm

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote:
Paul wrote:Yeah, I hadn't looked at the profile. 1700+ posts, that would be quite a double life. And to your question, I don't really know. Minnesota doesn't appear to place well in other major cities, but self-selection and not knowing where the 19% that clerk end up could make this appearance pretty false.
hmmm...i had pretty much decided to go to boston college already, but that was because i thought that minnesota, if they let me in at all, wouldnt give me a penny. now they actually gave me more than bc, and theyre higher ranked :?
More so than that, they are the big game in town, so take that into consideration.

I work in Boston currently, and BC has a lot of competition. Food for thought...

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF

Bronze

Post by SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Mon May 25, 2009 5:18 pm

Peter0061 wrote:
SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote:
More so than that, they are the big game in town, so take that into consideration.

I work in Boston currently, and BC has a lot of competition. Food for thought...
yea thats true too...im not gonna lie though, i know nothing about minnesota and id be sorta nervous about living all the way out there

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Spaceman_Stiff

New

Post by Spaceman_Stiff » Mon May 25, 2009 5:20 pm

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote:
Peter0061 wrote:
SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote:

yea thats true too...im not gonna lie though, i know nothing about minnesota and id be sorta nervous about living all the way out there
I know what you mean, I've never been there either. EVERYBODY I've spoken with has talked up Minneapolis however. If you can deal with cold apparently it is an awesome city.

Edited to remove stupid question, so you are in NY? Not too big of a change... just colder, cheaper, and nicer people. That sums up the Mid-west for ya.

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF

Bronze

Post by SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Mon May 25, 2009 6:11 pm

yea im in ny. my cousin had to work in minneapolis for a couple months and he hated it

enygma

Bronze

Post by enygma » Tue May 26, 2009 1:08 pm

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote:yea im in ny. my cousin had to work in minneapolis for a couple months and he hated it
were those couple of months january and february?

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF

Bronze

Post by SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Wed May 27, 2009 12:10 pm

enygma wrote:
SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote:yea im in ny. my cousin had to work in minneapolis for a couple months and he hated it
hahaha yea it was winter. thats not what he hated though. he just felt like it was a sorta big city full of nothing to do. this is just his opinion though

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

enygma

Bronze

Post by enygma » Wed May 27, 2009 12:19 pm

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote:
enygma wrote:
hahaha yea it was winter. thats not what he hated though. he just felt like it was a sorta big city full of nothing to do. this is just his opinion though
he just didn't know what he was doing. Minneapolis has more park space than any other city in the country. Theodore Wirth Park, for instance, is about 95% the size of central park. And that's just one of them. We've also got more theaters per capita than anywhere outside of broadway. There's also a really fantastic and vibrant local music scene, not to mention the venues for more national acts. all-in-all there's a shitload to do if you just try.

Spaceman_Stiff

New

Post by Spaceman_Stiff » Wed May 27, 2009 12:24 pm

enygma wrote:
SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote:
enygma wrote:
he just didn't know what he was doing. Minneapolis has more park space than any other city in the country. Theodore Wirth Park, for instance, is about 95% the size of central park. And that's just one of them. We've also got more theaters per capita than anywhere outside of broadway. There's also a really fantastic and vibrant local music scene, not to mention the venues for more national acts. all-in-all there's a shitload to do if you just try.
That sounds excellent... I'm getting more excited about UMN the more I hear about it... although I wish it wasn't so damn cold.

Anybody moving from New England, moved from New England already? I'm really trying to figure out a way to get up there w/o bankrupting myself. Also, looking for places to check out apartment wise, which is a little tough without being there. Any recommendations? I've been on the web-site and doing my own research of course, but it is difficult without being able to see any places in person.

I petitioned to join the Facebook group around a week ago, but still haven't heard anything back from them. :(

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF

Bronze

Post by SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Fri May 29, 2009 5:21 pm

hey the tls article says the cost of tuition includes a free laptop....is this true?

what if i dont want the laptop? can i get money back?

Spaceman_Stiff

New

Post by Spaceman_Stiff » Fri May 29, 2009 5:24 pm

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote:hey the tls article says the cost of tuition includes a free laptop....is this true?

what if i dont want the laptop? can i get money back?
Negatory. If the cost is included in tuition, it isn't free :P.

Sweet ass labtop though.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

enygma

Bronze

Post by enygma » Fri May 29, 2009 7:52 pm

Since I'm moving, we're looking for a roommate. It's a nice 3 BR house in uptown - 2 blocks from bus to the U, and one block from bus downtown. 433+utilities. Just want to edit this to say that we've got a subletter for the next month and a half, but will be looking for roommates for august if anyone is interested.
Last edited by enygma on Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF

Bronze

Post by SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Fri May 29, 2009 10:39 pm

anyone know if its possible to get in-state residency at minnesota? sorry for all the noobish/dumb questions btw...i only just started to seriously consider minnesota today

Spaceman_Stiff

New

Post by Spaceman_Stiff » Sat May 30, 2009 12:12 am

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote:anyone know if its possible to get in-state residency at minnesota? sorry for all the noobish/dumb questions btw...i only just started to seriously consider minnesota today

UMN only gives residency if you are in state for reasons other than obtaining an education.
:x

badlydrawn

Bronze

Post by badlydrawn » Sun May 31, 2009 4:17 pm

Don't we have a second deposit coming up for $400? Does anyone have the deadline on this?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

badlydrawn

Bronze

Post by badlydrawn » Sun May 31, 2009 9:55 pm

^^^^bump^^^^

ehshornet

New

Post by ehshornet » Sun May 31, 2009 11:50 pm

Don't think so badlydrawn. I had called them a few months ago about a second deposit, and they told me there was none. In the past they have had two seat deposits, but this year there is only one ($750).

badlydrawn

Bronze

Post by badlydrawn » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:09 am

Really? Awesome.

Spaceman_Stiff

New

Post by Spaceman_Stiff » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:54 am

When is everybody heading up there?

I'm planning on visiting shortly, but I'm not actually moving up until the end of July it looks like.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mbw

Bronze

Post by mbw » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:44 am

Sadly, I'm leaving you all here (another school came through with a much higher scholly.) But I still have the highest regard for Minnesota, and wish all of you the best over the next three years.

btrflykss12

New

Post by btrflykss12 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:38 pm

How is everyone finding roommates?

Spaceman_Stiff

New

Post by Spaceman_Stiff » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:49 pm

btrflykss12 wrote:How is everyone finding roommates?
Facebook group mostly.

OhJoy

New

Post by OhJoy » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:56 am

Hey everyone! I am new to TLS. I will be attending Minnesota Law this fall!! Does anyone know any nice neighborhoods to live in? I've only visited Minneapolis once.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”