NYU 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
sophie316

Bronze

Re: NYU 2012

Post by sophie316 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:13 pm

mightyaphrodite wrote:
sophie316 wrote: Where did you call to find out about this?
It's been a little while, but I spoke to Admissions and the Student Health Center. I believe I got final word on this when I called Student Health.
Thanks!

Ugh looks like I;m going to have to have a blood test proving I've had the MMR. Stupid national health service...grumble...

espresso

New

Post by espresso » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:02 pm

Has anyone received the "Final Enrollment Confirmation Form – due August 5, 2009", as its listed in the Checklist for Student Enroll in August 2009?

Didn't come with my immunization forms, and its due in a few weeks; just wondering what's up (wouldn't be surprised if it comes in the next week or so, just wanted to see if others had received it)

https://its.law.nyu.edu/admitted/jd/checklist.cfm

LjakW

Bronze

Post by LjakW » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:16 pm

espresso wrote:Has anyone received the "Final Enrollment Confirmation Form – due August 5, 2009", as its listed in the Checklist for Student Enroll in August 2009?

Didn't come with my immunization forms, and its due in a few weeks; just wondering what's up (wouldn't be surprised if it comes in the next week or so, just wanted to see if others had received it)

Never got it by mail, but here it is from the Required Documents section of the site --LinkRemoved--

dbt

Silver

Post by dbt » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:29 pm

Why am I not getting any of these things. Still no immunization form and still no final enrollment form. I think my mailbox service is messed up, because I'm still getting housing/finaid emails.

ezpar

New

Post by ezpar » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:56 pm

woooo! Information about orientation. Exciting.

My GradPLUS loans still haven't been applied. I almost had a heart attack when I saw my e-bill without them on there.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sophie316

Bronze

Post by sophie316 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:32 am

dbt wrote:Why am I not getting any of these things. Still no immunization form and still no final enrollment form. I think my mailbox service is messed up, because I'm still getting housing/finaid emails.
I'm not getting anything either. I think NYU mail is just really really slow....

red_sox

New

Post by red_sox » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:55 pm

espresso wrote:Has anyone received the "Final Enrollment Confirmation Form – due August 5, 2009", as its listed in the Checklist for Student Enroll in August 2009?

I got it today, along with a few other things. Also, a bill for the first semester.

espresso

New

Post by espresso » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:11 am

Would anyone who finally ends up getting their GradPLUS credited to their "e-bill" mind posting that here? I'd like to just be able to send in the final Letter of Confirmation and that printed e-bill with "loans pending" written on it, but I can't get it out of my hair while the bill is incorrect.
:oops:

apx1393

New

Post by apx1393 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:24 am

has anyone been approved for an early arrival (before the 19th)?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

novaman3

New

Post by novaman3 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:06 am

Here's some information that might be of help to you guys...

I spoke with the financial aid office this morning regarding the missing loan credits on my bursar's bill. They told me that there was some sort of glitch which made it so that scholarships and loan credits don't appear on the bill and that they will be posting a new bill later this week. Also, they said that August 10th is only a suggested deadline and that you can pay your bill by the first day of class without a penalty.

red_sox

New

Post by red_sox » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:11 am

novaman3 wrote:Here's some information that might be of help to you guys...

I spoke with the financial aid office this morning regarding the missing loan credits on my bursar's bill. They told me that there was some sort of glitch which made it so that scholarships and loan credits don't appear on the bill and that they will be posting a new bill later this week. Also, they said that August 10th is only a suggested deadline and that you can pay your bill by the first day of class without a penalty.
My Stafford loan appeared on the bill last night (I didn't apply for GradPlus). Does anyone know when we get paid our loan money?

jpfrawg

New

Post by jpfrawg » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:23 pm

Judicial wrote:Has anyone looked at the grade distributions? They seem kinder than I had expected.

http://www.law.nyu.edu/students/index.htm

They are located on the left-hand side, at the bottom of the academic quicklinks. You need your NetID to access them.
The classes are curved to 3.25, I believe.

espresso

New

Post by espresso » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:30 pm

red_sox wrote:
novaman3 wrote:Here's some information that might be of help to you guys...

My Stafford loan appeared on the bill last night (I didn't apply for GradPlus). Does anyone know when we get paid our loan money?
As far as I understand (and I need to look into this a little more) if its a public/gov't loan, it'll be applied to to your outstanding NYU balance and then given to you as a refund within a few days, either as a check or a Direct Deposit (as long as you sign up for Direct Deposit within 10 business days of the refund's being issued). I haven't seen the exact dates anywhere, I don't think.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

asaunde2

New

Post by asaunde2 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:31 pm

If you look at your balance on Albert from your NYU home account, you might see loan credits that are not shown on your ebill. They update Albert more often. This is true in my case, where my ebill still shows neither stafford or gradplus but my Albert account does show stafford. Also, when I talked to them they said not to worry about the deadline if your documents are in they know you are waiting on loans, and im sure they will accept your final confirmation.

halfpancake

New

Post by halfpancake » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:30 pm

Anybody have links to the blog where nasty words were exchanged between Thio and somebody at NYU?

LjakW

Bronze

Post by LjakW » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:01 pm

halfpancake wrote:Anybody have links to the blog where nasty words were exchanged between Thio and somebody at NYU?
I'm pretty sure you're looking for this: --LinkRemoved--

dbt

Silver

Post by dbt » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:06 pm

LjakW wrote:
halfpancake wrote:Anybody have links to the blog where nasty words were exchanged between Thio and somebody at NYU?
I'm pretty sure you're looking for this: --LinkRemoved--
Oh wow. She got upset. Well, it was about time, but I agree with the editor's last comments: if she wants to have the freedom to speak her mind, knowing that it's offensive to many and will incite retaliation, she cannot deny students the freedom to tell her that because of her belief they disrespect her as a person, just as a KKK activist is free to have a belief and I'm free to call him an idiot and failure as a human being.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dbt

Silver

Post by dbt » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:20 pm

This has got to be my favorite comment on Dr. Thio's letter:
Wow, in Singpore the Gays live in posh highrises, that cater to them, so they should be happy to stay pariahs. Are we talking about Jewish merchants in the 30s in Hamburg or something going on today? I think ignoring insane bigots wielding syllogisms is the best way to usher them into oblivion, but this lady is a piece of work.

Can someone please explain to me precisely what social calamity will ensue if gay couples had the rights of heterosexual couples? I don't want to hear about what the bible, or the Malaysian parliament, says, but rather, real events. The wave of gay marriage statutes in the states hasn't affected my marriage one bit, but I'm willing to admit that my case may be exceptional. And please don't say terrorist attacks of meteor strikes.

But I have to give her credit for typing that long ass letter with those gigantic hands

asaunde2

New

Post by asaunde2 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:53 pm

dbt wrote:This has got to be my favorite comment on Dr. Thio's letter:
Wow, in Singpore the Gays live in posh highrises, that cater to them, so they should be happy to stay pariahs. Are we talking about Jewish merchants in the 30s in Hamburg or something going on today? I think ignoring insane bigots wielding syllogisms is the best way to usher them into oblivion, but this lady is a piece of work.

Can someone please explain to me precisely what social calamity will ensue if gay couples had the rights of heterosexual couples? I don't want to hear about what the bible, or the Malaysian parliament, says, but rather, real events. The wave of gay marriage statutes in the states hasn't affected my marriage one bit, but I'm willing to admit that my case may be exceptional. And please don't say terrorist attacks of meteor strikes.

But I have to give her credit for typing that long ass letter with those gigantic hands
HAHAHAHA those cant be real. Maybe the photographer used a fisheye lens or something.

apx1393

New

Post by apx1393 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:35 am

dbt wrote:This has got to be my favorite comment on Dr. Thio's letter:

this guy is comma happy

badfish

Silver

Post by badfish » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:09 am

I think the killing stroke here was done by the NYU Law students and their refusal to take Dr. Thio's class. Apparently both of the seminars she was scheduled to teach were painfully under-enrolled.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

LjakW

Bronze

Post by LjakW » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:56 am

Everyone that is getting aid is still in "Returns Received - Award Verification in Progress" status, right? I would be really angry to find out that my aid was rejected for some reason with three weeks left.

red_sox

New

Post by red_sox » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:32 am

LjakW wrote:Everyone that is getting aid is still in "Returns Received - Award Verification in Progress" status, right? I would be really angry to find out that my aid was rejected for some reason with three weeks left.
Mine now appear on my electronic bill on Albert.

ezpar

New

Post by ezpar » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:47 am

My GradPLUS loans have yet to show up, but the Stafford loans are on my e-bill and Albert account.

On Thio: "We do not tolerate such self-righteous intolerance in Singapore," she says. Hmm.

mwazaumoja

New

Post by mwazaumoja » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:48 am

"Chockablock"

Really?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”