GW 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
Locked
User avatar
hoffb86

Bronze
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:11 am

Re: GW 2012

Post by hoffb86 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:14 am

simmersiz wrote:Pretty sure this is me as well!

Got in PT with 163/3.37 somehow and plan on transferring FT. Does anyone know how easy this is to do?
I've heard it is extremely easy, like as easy as filling out a form.... but you may want to double check that, as I am just reporting what i've seen and heard on the board and via word of mouth.

User avatar
20160810

Diamond
Posts: 18121
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: GW 2012

Post by 20160810 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:48 pm

go GW

soccerfreakbob

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: GW 2012

Post by soccerfreakbob » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:20 pm

Yay! GW! In RD with a 167/3.1. Personal note from Dean Lawrence was cool, does everybody get that?

I'm 99% sure I will be attending (fingers crossed for fin aid since I'm a poor as hell undergrad).

atmorris0

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:33 pm

Re: GW 2012

Post by atmorris0 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:36 pm

In at GW and leaning toward going there... visited during the fall and loved DC... didn't get a chance to party alot but I heard it has a good scene...

User avatar
tstyler98

Bronze
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:21 am

Re: GW 2012

Post by tstyler98 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:14 pm

Hi. I created a facebook group for the GW Law Class of 2012. This is for anyone accepted and will start in the fall of 2009. Just search for the group and join me. :-)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


User avatar
Ayodhya

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:09 am

Re: GW 2012

Post by Ayodhya » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:34 am

hoffb86 wrote:
simmersiz wrote:Pretty sure this is me as well!

Got in PT with 163/3.37 somehow and plan on transferring FT. Does anyone know how easy this is to do?
I've heard it is extremely easy, like as easy as filling out a form.... but you may want to double check that, as I am just reporting what i've seen and heard on the board and via word of mouth.
GW accepts 100% of their PT transfer "requests." You just have to fill out a form before January classes begin.

simmersiz

New
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:35 pm

Re: GW 2012

Post by simmersiz » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:39 pm

Ayodhya wrote:
hoffb86 wrote:
simmersiz wrote:Pretty sure this is me as well!

Got in PT with 163/3.37 somehow and plan on transferring FT. Does anyone know how easy this is to do?
I've heard it is extremely easy, like as easy as filling out a form.... but you may want to double check that, as I am just reporting what i've seen and heard on the board and via word of mouth.
GW accepts 100% of their PT transfer "requests." You just have to fill out a form before January classes begin.
Awesome! I'm all over this.

What's everyone doing for housing? Anyone living in the Aston?

atmorris0

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:33 pm

Re: GW 2012

Post by atmorris0 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:22 am

I keep hearing about the Aston, is it really nice or something?

User avatar
vee

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:13 am

Re: GW 2012

Post by vee » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:01 pm

atmorris0 wrote:I keep hearing about the Aston, is it really nice or something?
I haven't seen it, but from what I hear, it's nice but not worth $7500/semester. I'd rather just pick an apartment and live there, and not have to move during my 1L summer. Plus, I figure I'm social enough that I'll be able to make friends with people in other sections even if I don't live with them :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


User avatar
pany1985

Bronze
Posts: 386
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:08 am

Re: GW 2012

Post by pany1985 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:03 pm

GW really needs to send out some acceptances soon

Mine, specifically

interestedbyestander

New
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:44 am

Re: GW 2012

Post by interestedbyestander » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:03 pm

I'm going to commute from Annapolis. Not the best way to do this but it's where my family is now.

udlordly

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:10 pm

Re: GW 2012

Post by udlordly » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:04 pm

interestedbyestander wrote:I'm going to commute from Annapolis. Not the best way to do this but it's where my family is now.
that's quite the commute. I did like the function on the admitted students site that talked about all the various residential neigborhoods in DC.

interestedbyestander

New
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:44 am

Re: GW 2012

Post by interestedbyestander » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:14 pm

udlordly wrote:
interestedbyestander wrote:I'm going to commute from Annapolis. Not the best way to do this but it's where my family is now.
that's quite the commute. I did like the function on the admitted students site that talked about all the various residential neigborhoods in DC.

Yes it is, but it's also free rent for me. Hard to pass that up.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


Supernana

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:27 pm

Re: GW 2012

Post by Supernana » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:40 pm

Anyone planning on going to the ASW? I'm debating ...

Dallas

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:22 pm

Re: GW 2012

Post by Dallas » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:11 pm

I will be

User avatar
sky7

Bronze
Posts: 248
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:44 pm

Re: GW 2012

Post by sky7 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

simmersiz wrote:Pretty sure this is me as well!

Got in PT with 163/3.37 somehow and plan on transferring FT. Does anyone know how easy this is to do?
You sign a form.

udlordly

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:10 pm

Re: GW 2012

Post by udlordly » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:59 pm

Just registered for the preview day on April 3rd. I'm going to do the whirlwind tour, flying in from Dayton at 6:00 am and leaving DC back to Dayton at 7:30. Anyone else going to the preview day?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


User avatar
gk101

Gold
Posts: 3854
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 6:22 pm

Re: GW 2012

Post by gk101 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:05 pm

anyone planning to go to the Chicago Admitted Students Reception on March 11th... I am waiting to hear from GULC before I plan a visit to DC

User avatar
nallku

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:57 pm

Re: GW 2012

Post by nallku » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:07 pm

I figure that I will give this thread a bump. I am just waiting on scholarship information. I am planning on doing IP.

mikewilliams

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 12:28 am

Re: GW 2012

Post by mikewilliams » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:14 pm

Anyone know if they do travel stipends for visits? Any attempts?

udlordly

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:10 pm

Re: GW 2012

Post by udlordly » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:49 pm

mikewilliams wrote:Anyone know if they do travel stipends for visits? Any attempts?
I read that if you end up enrolling, they will reimburse up to $150 for travel (not hotel, though)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


minomata

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:27 pm

Re: GW 2012

Post by minomata » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:02 am

Just RSPVed for the April 3 admitted students thing, hooray!

Supernana

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:27 pm

Re: GW 2012

Post by Supernana » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:29 pm

gk101 wrote:anyone planning to go to the Chicago Admitted Students Reception on March 11th... I am waiting to hear from GULC before I plan a visit to DC
Yep. I'm going. Just registered for it on the admitted student site.

User avatar
gk101

Gold
Posts: 3854
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 6:22 pm

Re: GW 2012

Post by gk101 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:32 pm

Supernana wrote:
gk101 wrote:anyone planning to go to the Chicago Admitted Students Reception on March 11th... I am waiting to hear from GULC before I plan a visit to DC
Yep. I'm going. Just registered for it on the admitted student site.
nice!! I have to do that soon. I wish the other schools could hurry up so I can make my decision soon.

User avatar
nallku

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:57 pm

Re: GW 2012

Post by nallku » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:16 am

udlordly wrote:
mikewilliams wrote:Anyone know if they do travel stipends for visits? Any attempts?
I read that if you end up enrolling, they will reimburse up to $150 for travel (not hotel, though)
Where did you read this?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Locked

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”