GW 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
MrOrange

Bronze

Re: GW 2012

Post by MrOrange » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

sapereaude2012 wrote:
sapereaude2012 wrote:MrOrange you're living in Foggy Bottom right? Glad to hear that you're enjoying the area. Is anybody else having trouble opening the link to orientation info that Dean Richard sent today? I can't get it to load...
And quoting myself, I just typed in the url by hand and it loaded fine. Weird. Sorry about the confusion guys
Haha...I had the same problem. Just copied and pasted the link into a new tab and it worked without issue. I wonder what the issue is/was with clicking on it...

Anyway...yep, Foggy Bottom at the York. It's pretty nice so far, and I'm painting today (trying to make my "weensy" (thanks Paichka ;)) space look more presentable).

sapereaude2012

New

Post by sapereaude2012 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:54 pm

MrOrange wrote:
sapereaude2012 wrote:
sapereaude2012 wrote:MrOrange you're living in Foggy Bottom right? Glad to hear that you're enjoying the area. Is anybody else having trouble opening the link to orientation info that Dean Richard sent today? I can't get it to load...
And quoting myself, I just typed in the url by hand and it loaded fine. Weird. Sorry about the confusion guys
Haha...I had the same problem. Just copied and pasted the link into a new tab and it worked without issue. I wonder what the issue is/was with clicking on it...

Anyway...yep, Foggy Bottom at the York. It's pretty nice so far, and I'm painting today (trying to make my "weensy" (thanks Paichka ;)) space look more presentable).
Haha nice. I'm also in the neighborhood (Columbia Plaza), but unfortunately can't move in until the 17th. Are you thinking about hitting up that Nationals game on the 21st? Free tickets to the worst team in baseball is hard to beat! Coming from KC, I'm ready to hop on the bandwagon of another cellar dweller!

Paichka

Bronze

Post by Paichka » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:37 pm

Hey now, the Nats just won their 4th game in a row. Don't hate. ;)

And yes, I'm totally going. Free tickets? That means all I have to pay for is hotdogs and beer. I can get behind that.

"Weensy" is a great word, btw. Like "gargantuan". I so rarely get a chance to use them in conversation.

CaptainCubicle

New

Post by CaptainCubicle » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:13 pm

I'll be going to the game. I'm an A's fan, so it's not like I've been spoiled by great baseball this year myself.

simmersiz

New

Post by simmersiz » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:36 pm

Free Nats tickets? How do I get in on this? Is this some sort of promotion of what?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Paichka

Bronze

Post by Paichka » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:38 pm

Nope, it's what GW is giving to new students during the three-day orientation period. Did you get the email from Dean Richard? If you go to the website, it talks in general terms about what orientation is going to consist of, and the last activity is the Brewers-Nats game that Friday.

simmersiz

New

Post by simmersiz » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:30 pm

Paichka wrote:Nope, it's what GW is giving to new students during the three-day orientation period. Did you get the email from Dean Richard? If you go to the website, it talks in general terms about what orientation is going to consist of, and the last activity is the Brewers-Nats game that Friday.
Oh crazy - yeah, I didn't go through the activity list. I'm definitely going to go to the game then; although its the Nats, I still love baseball.

MrOrange

Bronze

Post by MrOrange » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:42 pm

You guys do realize you're all excited about going to see one of the worst teams in baseball play in one of the worst urban areas in the country, right? They couldn't pay me enough to take in a game at the Nationals' ballpark...

Paichka

Bronze

Post by Paichka » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:05 pm

MrOrange wrote:You guys do realize you're all excited about going to see one of the worst teams in baseball play in one of the worst urban areas in the country, right? They couldn't pay me enough to take in a game at the Nationals' ballpark...
I wouldn't call it "excited". More like, "have nothing better to do". (Yee...didn't realize the park was actually in SE though. Might have to rethink this one.)

Have a better idea, though? I'm all ears. (And bored. My bestie is preggers, one of my girlfriends is out of town, and the other is off doing an adventure race. A little mugging on a friday night might spice things up a bit.)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MrOrange

Bronze

Post by MrOrange » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:33 am

Paichka wrote:
MrOrange wrote:You guys do realize you're all excited about going to see one of the worst teams in baseball play in one of the worst urban areas in the country, right? They couldn't pay me enough to take in a game at the Nationals' ballpark...
I wouldn't call it "excited". More like, "have nothing better to do". (Yee...didn't realize the park was actually in SE though. Might have to rethink this one.)

Have a better idea, though? I'm all ears. (And bored. My bestie is preggers, one of my girlfriends is out of town, and the other is off doing an adventure race. A little mugging on a friday night might spice things up a bit.)
Come into the city tomorrow? There's a mini-TLS meet brewing, and you could see how the GULC half lives, potentially.

nallku

New

Post by nallku » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:59 pm

Can anyone access the information about orientation? The link I was sent doesn't work now that I got back from vacation.

FinLaw

New

Post by FinLaw » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:27 am

nallku wrote:Can anyone access the information about orientation? The link I was sent doesn't work now that I got back from vacation.
You have to type the link in by hand and it will work. I had the same problem...

Paichka

Bronze

Post by Paichka » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:13 pm

MrOrange wrote:
Paichka wrote:

Come into the city tomorrow? There's a mini-TLS meet brewing, and you could see how the GULC half lives, potentially.
Hope yall had fun. I spent the whole day moving boxes, and then the hubs came into town.

Any ideas on the place for next weekend? The only bars I know are Madams Organ, Rhino, and a couple in Old Town.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

MrOrange

Bronze

Post by MrOrange » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:06 am

Paichka wrote:
MrOrange wrote:
Paichka wrote:

Hope yall had fun. I spent the whole day moving boxes, and then the hubs came into town.

Any ideas on the place for next weekend? The only bars I know are Madams Organ, Rhino, and a couple in Old Town.
No idea...ventured out into Dupont Circle this weekend...wasn't at-all pleased with the scene. Weather probably had something to do with it (hot, gross), but still..."laid back bar" doesn't seem to be on that area's menu. Heard worse things about Adams Morgan.

marburger06

New

Post by marburger06 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:30 am

I'm only posting here because I miss DC horribly, having just moved out of Foggy Bottom last week :(...

But as far as bars go, if you aren't into the Adams Morgan crazy scene, I'd check out a lot of the bars on U St. Local 16 was one of my favorites, and there are several others in that vicinity that have a lot of people but are no where near as packed as Adams Morgan. There are also some good places in Georgetown, though the bars there are far more prone to being invaded by self righteous douchebags. It doesn't help that everytime there is a rumor that the Real World will be coming to a particular bar, it gets packed with interns.... :-/

CaptainCubicle

New

Post by CaptainCubicle » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:42 pm

I'm flying out to DC tonight and will be starting to settle down tomorrow.

As for bars...the last time I was in DC was several years ago when I was still in undergrad, and we mostly just went for places in the usual spots (Dupont, Adams Morgan, Capitol Hill happy hours). My friend who went to GULC insists Georgetown has great bars but I haven't heard back from her on actual specifics.

MrOrange

Bronze

Post by MrOrange » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:44 pm

Alright, I think the easiest place at which to meet up is Froggy Bottom...it's kind of crappy, but it's basically on campus, and we can go elsewhere from there. We just need to decide on a time (the 15th has been set in stone as the day, correct?).

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Paichka

Bronze

Post by Paichka » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:12 pm

Sounds good. Is there a specific location, like the metro stop? As for time, I'm flexible. 9pm? 10?

We'll pick a bar to go to, and if it sucks, I suppose we can play musical chairs until we find one we like.

MrOrange

Bronze

Post by MrOrange » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:16 pm

Paichka wrote:Sounds good. Is there a specific location, like the metro stop? As for time, I'm flexible. 9pm? 10?

We'll pick a bar to go to, and if it sucks, I suppose we can play musical chairs until we find one we like.
Froggy Bottom is a bar, not a typo :P

It's close to the Foggy Bottom metro stop.

FinLaw

New

Post by FinLaw » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:35 pm

MrOrange wrote:
Paichka wrote:Sounds good. Is there a specific location, like the metro stop? As for time, I'm flexible. 9pm? 10?

I didn't catch that either. I've been to Froggy before, but not at night. I'll meet wherever, whenever. Orange we live near each other so if you want to meet at the nearest street corner and go from there I'm game. Driving up this Thursday, can't wait!

MrOrange

Bronze

Post by MrOrange » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:57 pm

FinLaw wrote:
MrOrange wrote:

I didn't catch that either. I've been to Froggy before, but not at night. I'll meet wherever, whenever. Orange we live near each other so if you want to meet at the nearest street corner and go from there I'm game. Driving up this Thursday, can't wait!
I knew my calling random internet people assholes would catch up with me eventually...

Seriously though, that'd be fine. I just figured Froggy Bottom Pub would make for a relatively close/convenient gathering place for most folks. I definitely wouldn't want to stay there for very long after we've got the group together.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

CaptainCubicle

New

Post by CaptainCubicle » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:13 pm

I live a block or two from there, so that would work nicely for me. My parents will be in town that night; I think I'll be free like at 7/8ish, I think.

zuluwarriors

New

Post by zuluwarriors » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:16 pm

Anyone else living inHOVA?? I'm moving in there Friday (assuming i don't get off the final waitlist i'm on)...

mavisrae

New

Post by mavisrae » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:08 pm

Hey folks. Log on to your BanWeb (the same one you used to accept financial aid) and you'll probably see a menu called the "Registration" menu. Click on it and follow the link called "Class Schedule." Check it out. And all Section 13 peeps...see you on Wed.

CaptainCubicle

New

Post by CaptainCubicle » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:41 pm

I'm in section 12 - 2C for CivPro and 2G for Writing

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”