GW 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
Paichka

Bronze

Re: GW 2012

Post by Paichka » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:54 am

Section 11, 1B for Civ Pro and 1D for writing.

Exciting. Now I can go google my professors. :-p

ETA: So, I think they totally profiled me when they assigned me to my section. My professors are gurus in military law, homeland security, US foreign relations and national security law. That's pretty nifty.

MrOrange

Bronze

Post by MrOrange » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:04 pm

Adam Kunz wrote:Hey folks. Log on to your BanWeb (the same one you used to accept financial aid) and you'll probably see a menu called the "Registration" menu. Click on it and follow the link called "Class Schedule." Check it out. And all Section 13 peeps...see you on Wed.
Looks like I'm in 13, as well.

mavisrae

New

Post by mavisrae » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:37 pm

MrOrange wrote:
Adam Kunz wrote:Hey folks. Log on to your BanWeb (the same one you used to accept financial aid) and you'll probably see a menu called the "Registration" menu. Click on it and follow the link called "Class Schedule." Check it out. And all Section 13 peeps...see you on Wed.
Sweet. Your thoughts on having Lawrence for Criminal Law?

MrOrange

Bronze

Post by MrOrange » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:33 pm

Adam Kunz wrote:
MrOrange wrote:
Sweet. Your thoughts on having Lawrence for Criminal Law?
This is where I out myself for being somewhat oblivious. Not very familiar with the guy. Maybe he'll sing in class?

MrOrange

Bronze

Post by MrOrange » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:21 pm

Also...http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 10&t=82666

C'mon people...organization needed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

colonial12

New

Post by colonial12 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:23 pm

simmersiz wrote:
colonial12 wrote:If people are looking to chat, Firefly (on NH ave, between dupont circle and gwu (but closer to dupont)) is fun, great drinks, inventive decor, not too noisy.

If you want something more lively, Tonic (in Foggy Bottom), the Black Squirrel (in A-M), Policy (on 14th near U st), Poste (in Gallery Place), Russia House (in Dupont) are all good bets.

If you want great drinks, there is a speakeasy in U st called Gibson that's quite something. Not the best for huge groups though, it'd be hard to mingle.
Are you planning on attending? If so, I'd be fine with you just picking a place.
Sorry, just checked in; I was in the UK until late on the 18th. Hope you all had fun!

sapereaude2012

New

Post by sapereaude2012 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:50 pm

Hey all,
I just wanted to see how everything is going for everyone? I'm just killing time right now while I should be studying. Hmmm. I think it would be fun to organize another GW TLS bar dealy (I think I've missed like two of these) sometime soon if you guys are down. Let me know

Paichka

Bronze

Post by Paichka » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:36 am

Things are great. I LOVE my section -- Professor Maggs is awesome, and Professor Turley is hilarious. My civ pro teacher is a Glannon devotee with a very dry wit, and my crim professor enjoys throwing out wild hypotheticals, which is always entertaining. If only for the pseudo-intellectual answers that provokes. :)

I did run into my first gunner during Torts. Not a gunner in a mean, screw-all-you-peons way, but definitely a gunner in a "asking a wildly irrelevant question designed to make oneself look like a smart go-getter, that backfired" kind of way.

Anyone else having fun?

CaptainCubicle

New

Post by CaptainCubicle » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:20 am

I'm enjoy it so far. LRW's mostly meh because of the subject matter, and my contract professor is way too excited by the subject at 8:50 in the morning for me, but overall I don't have a whole lot to complain about. I've encountered a gunner too, though she's more low-key about it, so it's not too annoying (plus the professors seem to realize it and generally look to others to respond first).

Also, Professor Schecter + Torts = ultimate win.

I'm game for another GW meet so long as I'm not frantically trying to get something done at the last minute or whatever.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nallku

New

Post by nallku » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:33 am

CaptainCubicle wrote:I'm enjoy it so far. LRW's mostly meh because of the subject matter, and my contract professor is way too excited by the subject at 8:50 in the morning for me, but overall I don't have a whole lot to complain about. I've encountered a gunner too, though she's more low-key about it, so it's not too annoying (plus the professors seem to realize it and generally look to others to respond first).

Also, Professor Schecter + Torts = ultimate win.

I'm game for another GW meet so long as I'm not frantically trying to get something done at the last minute or whatever.
+1

Flowah

New

Post by Flowah » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:21 am

Professor's name is Bradford Clark, he's visiting @ umich right now. He taught Civil Procedure, Civpro, Civ pro, at George Washington, and Harvard. I'd really like to get some of his past exams if he's ever made them available. Model answers would be amazing but I realize that's even more unrealistic than getting the exams.

We all get visiting professors from time to time. If you guys can help me out here and you get a visiting professor from Michigan at any point within the next few years, I promise I will do everything I can to help you out. Rely on it.

Bradford, brad, clark, civpro, civ pro, GWU

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”